Author Topic: Who should the new OC be?  (Read 44767 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Who should the new OC be?
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 09:57:47 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder will assume the oc  duties for the 2018 season.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:59 PM »
Jake from state farm

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 02:16:25 AM »
lane kiffin hciw

Our fans don’t deserve him, steve dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may not OK cat but I know a ton of deserving fans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 10:30:37 AM »
The answer is clearly Del Miller.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »
The part that pisses me off the most, is the #1 thing to look for right now would be how the OC will utilize Sky over the next 3 years.. and this will be completely ignored by hiring a guy with zero OC experience from within the program, to continue the current system.

I really really want to be proven wrong.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »
Since returning to the sideline in 2009, Snyder hasn’t looked outside the program to hire a single coordinator. When co-defensive coordinator Vic Koenning left after the 2009 season, Chris Cosh was named sole defensive coordinator and K-State hired Keith Burns to coach defensive backs. When Cosh left a few years later, Snyder promoted current defensive coordinator Tom Hayes to take his place and hired Mike Cox to coach linebackers. When Del Miller left in the offseason, Dimel took over as lone offensive coordinator and Snyder hired Collin Klein to coach quarterbacks.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article188537744.html

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »
The part that pisses me off the most, is the #1 thing to look for right now would be how the OC will utilize Sky over the next 3 years.. and this will be completely ignored by hiring a guy with zero OC experience from within the program, to continue the current system.

Whoever comes will run the LHC Bill Snyder offense.  Other guys can call the plays, but it is still Snyder's (heavy) playbook.  And that's a good thing.  Jake Waters and Chad May might be the blueprint for how we use Thompson (assuming he beats out Delton, which is not a given).

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »
it's already been proven Jake ran the ball a lot, and Chad May was over 20 years ago, this isn't the same offense, gmafb

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »

Whoever comes will run the LHC Bill Snyder offense.  Other guys can call the plays, but it is still Snyder's (heavy) playbook.  And that's a good thing.  Jake Waters and Chad May might be the blueprint for how we use Thompson (assuming he beats out Delton, which is not a given).

Jesus Christ. Waters shoulder was mumped half way through the season because he ran it like 2 times less a game than the battering ram Hubes/last season Jesse offense.

And "whoever comes will run the LHC Bill Snyder offense." LOL. You think someone like Dan Enos or Graham Harroll would just drop their system for Bill's? No, whoever takes over from within the program with no experience will run Bill's system cause that's all they know, yes. (Not sure how that's a good thing)

Also, Delton might be completely done with football. Will re-evaluate in the spring.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
CK will be the OC.  He probably knows Bill's offense better than Dimel did.  At the end of the day, Bill believes in running the correct play against a given defense.  CK knows this well and i'm sure Bill thinks he has more than enough ability to be the OC.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jake Waters ended up back at KSU other than if he wants to live in Ames, which would be understandable.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »
i was thinking about this earlier this week.

an interesting name is Darrell Dickey, current OC for Memphis.  No way in hell it happens, but an interesting name nonetheless!
the double D offense

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »
In Kleins defense, he was the only QB in Snyder 2.0 to be allowed to call his own plays.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »
No he didn’t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »

Whoever comes will run the LHC LHC Bill Snyder offense.  Other guys can call the plays, but it is still Snyder's (heavy) playbook.  And that's a good thing.  Jake Waters and Chad May might be the blueprint for how we use Thompson (assuming he beats out Delton, which is not a given).

Jesus Christ. Waters shoulder was mumped half way through the season because he ran it like 2 times less a game than the battering ram Hubes/last season Jesse offense.

And "whoever comes will run the LHC LHC Bill Snyder offense." LOL. You think someone like Dan Enos or Graham Harroll would just drop their system for Bill's? No, whoever takes over from within the program with no experience will run Bill's system cause that's all they know, yes. (Not sure how that's a good thing)

Also, Delton might be completely done with football. Will re-evaluate in the spring.

So much to respond to in your post, but I'll just say this:  LHC Bill Snyder is known as an offensive genius.  Because he is one.  His offense works.  No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2017, 12:31:20 PM »
Since returning to the sideline in 2009, Snyder hasn’t looked outside the program to hire a single coordinator. When co-defensive coordinator Vic Koenning left after the 2009 season, Chris Cosh was named sole defensive coordinator and K-State hired Keith Burns to coach defensive backs. When Cosh left a few years later, Snyder promoted current defensive coordinator Tom Hayes to take his place and hired Mike Cox to coach linebackers. When Del Miller left in the offseason, Dimel took over as lone offensive coordinator and Snyder hired Collin Klein to coach quarterbacks.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article188537744.html

He's also never hired a minority coordinator

:buh-bye:

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2017, 12:36:17 PM »
sky will last exactly 1 conference game if he runs klein's offense. we need to be recruiting another qb. i love sky, but t's and p's to his shoulder/knees.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »
I'll just say this:  LHC Bill Snyder is known as an offensive genius.  Because he is one.  His offense works.  No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

His 2.0 offense works with a non-human industrial strength machine like CK.

That is not Skylar for the next 3 seasons.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »
I hope it's not Klein because I really really don't want to hate him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
I'll just say this:  LHC LHC Bill Snyder is known as an offensive genius.  Because he is one.  His offense works.  No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

His 2.0 offense works with a non-human industrial strength machine like CK.

That is not Skylar for the next 3 seasons.

The Snyder offense is not limited to the style that has been predominant in the last few years.  The Snyder offense also included Chad May slinging it around.  The plays that Dimel/Miller called tended to emphasize one part of the offense.  With both gone, I suspect we will see more of the offense that May, Beasley, Meier, and Coffman ran.  Still some QB run, but not like we have seen in the past 4/5 years.

Snyder himself, after the ISU game, expressed frustration that we didn't pass the ball more with Thompson.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
I don't think Dimel was great this year.  But there is no denying the success we have had on offense in Snyder 2.0.  Especially when you consider offense as including the ability to avoid turnovers.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »
tellin' you guys.  darrell dickey.  i

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »
I don't think Dimel was great this year.  But there is no denying the success we have had on offense in Snyder 2.0.  Especially when you consider offense as including the ability to avoid turnovers.

I think you might be undervaluing the Del Miller part of the equation
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »

I think you might be undervaluing the Del Miller part of the equation
Dimel put together some great offenses for us in 2.0, but he also dropped the ball a few times -- particularly this year when we were loaded.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
WWBVD?

Offline fightinsnydersksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »
We averaged 33 PPG the last 8 years. Hard to gripe about that.