Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 503402 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
El Tapatillo probably takes the "Best Mexican Food in MHK" crown, but then again, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot.

will be trying this out tomorrow night.

Also, did Los Potrillos close?? the last 3 times ive been by (around 5 or 6pm) no cars were around the place.

Definitely best mexican food in Manhattan, but service is subpar. Get the fajitas, like $11 if I remember right. Enough for 2 meals.  Smalll $1 margs if you can wait til Friday, but being EMAW, you surely are  :kstategrad: and its no big deal.  Los Potrillos closed but I think it might be reopening after a remodel... can't remember for sure.
:adios:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »
El Tapatillo probably takes the "Best Mexican Food in MHK" crown, but then again, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot.

will be trying this out tomorrow night.

Also, did Los Potrillos close?? the last 3 times ive been by (around 5 or 6pm) no cars were around the place.

Definitely best mexican food in Manhattan, but service is subpar. Get the fajitas, like $11 if I remember right. Enough for 2 meals.  Smalll $1 margs if you can wait til Friday, but being EMAW, you surely are  :kstategrad: and its no big deal.  Los Potrillos closed but I think it might be reopening after a remodel... can't remember for sure.

That would make sense. They were always setting up a dance floor or something the last couple times i was there. I think they turned it into a nightclub afterhours.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:49 PM »
Where is the Tapatillas place?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »
South of Fort Riley Blvd and Seth Child, pretty sure it's the building where Doe's used to be.
:adios:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 12:28:19 AM »
agree with chings that all japanese steak houses suck

Only racist rubes enjoy them

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 02:00:31 AM »
South of Fort Riley Blvd and Seth Child, pretty sure it's the building where Doe's used to be.
Confirmed.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2011, 02:45:28 AM »
I didn't think los cocos was terrible  :dunno:

However, I am excited for a place in manhattan that sells sushi and isn't named dillons or hyvee.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2011, 09:31:46 AM »
I didn't think los cocos was terrible  :dunno:

However, I am excited for a place in manhattan that sells sushi and isn't named dillons or hyvee.
los cocos is awful and it isn't hard to make mexican food I mean gmafb its all the same few basic ingredients and somehow they manage to eff it up

also green tea has been open for awhile and its not named dillons, hyvee, or rays.

I still haven't tried Umi's what are the reviews?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »

yes!  because when i think sushi, i think manhattan, kansas.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2011, 11:12:29 AM »

I don't think Manhattan Kansas when I think of anything.  But If I'm gonna be here then by God I'd like some sushi from time to time.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »

I don't think Manhattan Kansas when I think of anything.  But If I'm gonna be here then by God I'd like some sushi from time to time.

Green Tea is pretty great. They have really authentic stuff, and really Americanized stuff. Also, Frank Martin loves it.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2011, 11:44:04 AM »

you're not helping your chances of becoming deputy squawk investigator here :shakesfist:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »

My girlfriend is from the Pacific Northwest, is the daughter of a salmon fisherman (and therefore constantly eats fresh fish), and is a complete sushi snob.  Even she thinks Green Tea is  :thumbs:, and she's not a Kansas rube.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »

you're not helping your chances of becoming deputy squawk investigator here :shakesfist:

God help us all if he actually wins.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2011, 03:04:25 PM »
Heard a Chinese place was going in next to a Chinese place and thought it was super weird.

the following story has nothing to do with this thread, but your post made me think about it.

There was a fairly successful chinese buffet here that was owned by a chinese couple.  they had a bitter divorce, and the wife got some money together through business partners and built a chinese buffet literally next door.  the exact same food, same layout, everything.  the only difference is that she lowered the price on everything by $1.  less than a year later, the original place is out of business and the new place is on the verge of death.

don't piss off your chinese wife is kind of the moral of this story.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »
Heard a Chinese place was going in next to a Chinese place and thought it was super weird.

the following story has nothing to do with this thread, but your post made me think about it.

There was a fairly successful chinese buffet here that was owned by a chinese couple.  they had a bitter divorce, and the wife got some money together through business partners and built a chinese buffet literally next door.  the exact same food, same layout, everything.  the only difference is that she lowered the price on everything by $1.  less than a year later, the original place is out of business and the new place is on the verge of death.

Seems appropriate since the Chinese are experts at copying at a lower price.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »

I'm sure a rich white land owning male will be there to scoop up the business at fire sale prices and turn a healthy profit.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »

I'm sure a rich white land owning male will be there to scoop up the business at fire sale prices and turn a healthy profit.

a white guy (not sure if rich) just opened up an italian place in the building of the first chinese place.  heard it sucks, healthy profit probably not happening.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »
lulz at an italian place in oklahoma

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »

EYE-talian

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »

It is hard to imagine Eskimo Joe's guy letting that happen.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »

the best italian food i've ever eaten (outside of italy) is here, and ran by some albanians.   :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »

the best italian food i've ever eaten (outside of italy) is here, and ran by some albanians.   :dunno:

I actually ate some pretty good Italian the last time I was in OKC (I think it was called Zio's). What is the name of the place you are referring to?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
I'm sorry to interrupt this discussion, but is this thread titled "Have these OK eateries been discussed yet?"   No.  No it's not.  Now let's get this thread back on track, shall we?

Mr. K's Deli out by Grand Mere may be MHK's best kept secret.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:02:08 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »
I miss Doe's. :(