Author Topic: 2-0 this week!  (Read 10255 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2-0 this week!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 02:20:39 PM »
He probably thinks Bill is a sure fire to retire within the next 5-10 years.

:lol:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »
Greg, I'm not 100% sure you're recalling the breakdown of that extension correctly.

That said, it would be completely unfair for KSU to ever fire him.  He's completely met and continues to meet expectations.
This extension reduced the buyout after this year correct?

ADGT also had this quote

"I have had the opportunity to observe our men's basketball program and visit with oscar on multiple occasions since I became athletics director," Taylor said. "I couldn't be more pleased with the type of person we have leading our program. Coach Weber is well-regarded throughout college basketball as an outstanding coach and a man who conducts his program with integrity and class."

"My goal is to provide the support and resources for all our teams to find success and have the opportunity to win championships," Taylor said. "We have won a Big 12 championship under his leadership and are confident about the state of the program and the potential of this year's team."

However if this year's team fails to have the success that Gene Taylor thought that it was gonna have then oscar could be on his way out but i'm willing to bet Meow 5 bucks that he will be here until the end of the 2020 season
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 02:35:27 PM »
the cats do need these two win, I agree wacky.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 03:31:33 PM »
Greg, I'm not 100% sure you're recalling the breakdown of that extension correctly.

That said, it would be completely unfair for KSU to ever fire him.  He's completely met and continues to meet expectations.

ADGT also had this quote

"I have had the opportunity to observe our men's basketball program and visit with oscar on multiple occasions since I became athletics director," Taylor said. "I couldn't be more pleased with the type of person we have leading our program. Coach Weber is well-regarded throughout college basketball as an outstanding coach and a man who conducts his program with integrity and class."

"My goal is to provide the support and resources for all our teams to find success and have the opportunity to win championships," Taylor said. "We have won a Big 12 championship under his leadership and are confident about the state of the program and the potential of this year's team."

However if this year's team fails to have the success that Gene Taylor thought that it was gonna have then oscar could be on his way out but i'm willing to bet Meow 5 bucks that he will be here until the end of the 2020 season

This is the part of the quote where you realize Gene Taylor is lying to preserve the reputation of the university. The truth is that most coaches who know oscar hate the guy. He is not thought of well by rival coaches, and Gene Taylor knows that. It's the ADs job to pretend like his/her coaches are living saints up until the point they fire them, and even then, they blow a bunch of sunshine up everybody's ass about valued contributions and so forth. All in all, this quote is meaningless.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 03:41:22 PM »

This is the part of the quote where you realize Gene Taylor is lying to preserve the reputation of the university. The truth is that most coaches who know oscar hate the guy. He is not thought of well by rival coaches, and Gene Taylor knows that. It's the ADs job to pretend like his/her coaches are living saints up until the point they fire them, and even then, they blow a bunch of sunshine up everybody's ass about valued contributions and so forth. All in all, this quote is meaningless.

False. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »

The extension is virtually meaningless.  With the reduced buyout for his extended years beyond 18-19, letting him run out his contract is basically just running out the prior contract sans extension.  The extension is so he's not a "lame duck" or whatever it's thought our recruits who are already dumb enough to entertain oscar don't realize he hypothetically might not be there by the time they'd show up in a boot or whatever.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=39485.0

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »

False.
If i recall coached think Oscar is a good dude, but idk maybe we aren't reading the same news outlets

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 04:07:57 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »
oscar is just so damned weird.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 04:27:10 PM »
i guarantee Self and Huggie make fun of oscar constantly when getting 'faced together

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 04:34:52 PM »
oscar looks like he's standing at a urinal with his feet hanging out on the next guy's side of the divider.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »
oscar looks like he's standing at a urinal with his feet hanging out on the next guy's side of the divider.
I thought the same thing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 09:12:44 PM »
oscar says passive aggressive shitty stuff about coaches after losses all the time. I've never heard Bill Self be as disrespectful toward a coach as he's been toward oscar, and it's 100% deserved. Lots of blow by hand shakes, and I'm sure he's not the smoothest operator at Big XII events either. Tom Izzo is the only guy I feel like I've ever heard legitimately defend the guy. Probably because he misses whipping his ass every year.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:18 PM »
when oscar held the funeral for bill self after taking his place at illinois, his fate was sealed with bill

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/columns/story?id=1687238

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 09:24:44 PM »
when oscar held the funeral for bill self after taking his place at illinois, his fate was sealed with bill

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/columns/story?id=1687238

Reading that again... Man oscar is a weird dude.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 10:35:44 PM »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:55 PM »
:lol:

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 01:15:21 AM »

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen. You just made me want oscar to stay a few years longer, purely so I can enjoy things like this. Thank you _33.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »
That is perfect.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 08:30:21 AM »
i love 33 so damn much

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »
Oh man that's great.  :ROFL:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »
If we could name this board using a picture, that would be it.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2018, 11:07:41 AM »
I literally lol'd

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2018, 12:31:16 PM »
I figured he has a herniated testicle.  Which explains a lot.