Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 326323 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
^shouldve asked someone that wouldve helped dipshit

Yeah, like that Yoga guy on twitter

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »
I am looking at losing about 20 pounds by the end of April to mid-May at the absolute latest, what would be the easiest way to go about doing this?

A little background.  I just finished playing basketball at a small NAIA school, but I haven't been able to run very much since I had knee surgery in November.  I have spent a lot of time on an elliptical and a stationary bike, but that isn't doing it for me.  I can run, but that is pretty painful still, and running on hard surfaces is almost impossible.  Any suggestions?
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2012, 11:30:07 PM »
I lost 40 pounds in 5 months doing weight watchers and elliptical 4 times a week.  You've got to check your diet.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »
I'm skinny and want a six pack.  Really ripped ones.  What workouts would you do, what is a good way to increase weight/sets/reps, and how many days per week?

is this a serious question?   just do ab exercises.   jfc people, there is no hidden secret to getting in shape.   you need to workout 4-5 days a weeks and eat a shitload of protein.  actually, if you combine a lot of muscle groups into each day, you would only have to workout like 2 days a week.  also, don't do crossfit.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 12:13:19 AM »
I am 5'11 and weigh about 143 pounds. How do I gain weight and keep it? How often should I work out and what workouts should I do

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2012, 12:28:54 AM »
would like to throw my name in the hat, along with benja, as resident fitness expert. Am in absolutely fantastic shape, and lift a lot of really heavy weights. I hope this qualifies me.  :pray:

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »
I am looking at losing about 20 pounds by the end of April to mid-May at the absolute latest, what would be the easiest way to go about doing this?

A little background.  I just finished playing basketball at a small NAIA school, but I haven't been able to run very much since I had knee surgery in November.  I have spent a lot of time on an elliptical and a stationary bike, but that isn't doing it for me.  I can run, but that is pretty painful still, and running on hard surfaces is almost impossible.  Any suggestions?

Look into the Paleo diet.  I did it on a whiim and lost about 15 pounds in three weeks.  It's not the easiest diet to follow but you should get fast results.  I'm not following it real strictly right now but I still try to follow the basic principles as much as I can.  I've managed to keep off the 15 pounds by doing this. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
I am 5'11 and weigh about 143 pounds. How do I gain weight and keep it? How often should I work out and what workouts should I do

Work out 4 times a week, eat lots of carbs and protein.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »

wow, more helpful friends. Thanks.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
i've got a bum wing.  is there anything i can do to make sure i dont get fat?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
Take 5-6 psyllium husks fiber pills before you go to bed if you want to crap like a champ the next day.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2012, 10:33:50 AM »
i've got a bum wing.  is there anything i can do to make sure i dont get fat?
reduce caloric intake by 15%

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »

I am not a trainer or anything, but I just do a workout that a football player friend showed me a long time ago. It's basically the "push/pull" alternating thing Benja mentioned with 8-12 reps on everything. I start with the bench and lat pulls (don't know if this is the best combo, but those two are right next to each other in my gym and the row thing is all the way on the other side), just switching back and forth for 3-4 sets with no more than 20-30 seconds rest between each. Then do the same thing with shoulder press and rows (again, right next to each other). If I have more time, I may also do it with incline bench and upright rows. Then I do curls and tri pulls and then just alternate pull-ups/dips on the "assisted chin up bar" thing until I'm exhausted. Takes about 30 min.

Basically, just "super set" every exercise you do with the opposite motion. I've heard that isolated bicep/tricep exercises are kind of a waste of time (since you get better results from the other exercises that engage larger muscles groups) and that may be true but I like to do them.

And if you're only working out twice a week, I would just do upper one day and lower the other day. Also, I know nothing about lower body lifts.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
And I'm bored with the jogging 4-5 miles thing. Gonna try the sprint thing. Sounds interesting.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2012, 11:34:27 AM »
I lost 40 pounds in 5 months doing weight watchers and elliptical 4 times a week.  You've got to check your diet.

This is what I am trying to get better about.  I have been able to eat whatever I have wanted for the last 15 years because I would be burning it off playing sports.  I am slowly getting better about eating right, but I feel that working out is something that I need to still do, and didn't know if there would be anything that could be suggested workout wise.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »

This is what I am trying to get better about.  I have been able to eat whatever I have wanted for the last 15 years because I would be burning it off playing sports.  I am slowly getting better about eating right, but I feel that working out is something that I need to still do, and didn't know if there would be anything that could be suggested workout wise.

I'm naturally lazy enough that I can easily forego food if I remind myself that it will mean activity later.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2012, 12:41:25 PM »
What are the best options for protein intake?

Muscle milk?  Peanut butter?  Turkey sandwich?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »

chickpeas, lentils, grains, etc.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »

Red meat and chicken if you're working out. What Saul said if not.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »

Optimum Gold Standard Chocolate  :lick:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »
one of the best post workout drinks.... you guessed it, chocolate milk  :drink: <- but delicious 1%milk and hersheys chocolate syrup + calcium

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »
one of the best post workout drinks.... you guessed it, chocolate milk  :drink: <- but delicious 1%milk and hersheys chocolate syrup + calcium

Nesquik brah

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of The Truth About Six Pack Abs by Mike Geary?  I just saw this on the Internet today, and I have seen both good and bad about it.  Anyone had or know anyone who has had experience with it?

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2012, 01:23:52 PM »

I am not a trainer or anything, but I just do a workout that a football player friend showed me a long time ago. It's basically the "push/pull" alternating thing Benja mentioned with 8-12 reps on everything. I start with the bench and lat pulls (don't know if this is the best combo, but those two are right next to each other in my gym and the row thing is all the way on the other side), just switching back and forth for 3-4 sets with no more than 20-30 seconds rest between each. Then do the same thing with shoulder press and rows (again, right next to each other). If I have more time, I may also do it with incline bench and upright rows. Then I do curls and tri pulls and then just alternate pull-ups/dips on the "assisted chin up bar" thing until I'm exhausted. Takes about 30 min.

Basically, just "super set" every exercise you do with the opposite motion. I've heard that isolated bicep/tricep exercises are kind of a waste of time (since you get better results from the other exercises that engage larger muscles groups) and that may be true but I like to do them.

And if you're only working out twice a week, I would just do upper one day and lower the other day. Also, I know nothing about lower body lifts.

This, and also in between sets, its good to do some cardio to boost your heart rate.  Air squats for 60-seconds might do the trick.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2012, 04:25:10 PM »
I have played with an exercise ball and I really like it because you have to balance and stuff. I think I will do 8 minute abs w/ an exercise ball on Thursday. Would love to do a full body workout with one if anyone knows how.

what I am going to do I think: