Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 299692 times)

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #950 on: October 13, 2018, 02:45:13 PM »

:emawkid:

I wish I could enjoy this more.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but it would be even better if we had our crap together and were a top 25 team. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 13, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
Their fans keep getting to experience surprising new levels of rock bottom.

0-6. rough ridin' unreal.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #952 on: October 13, 2018, 05:36:37 PM »
Snapping the ball on the ground 10 yards past the qb on 4 and 1 in OT was quintessentially Nubb.  :love:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 13, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
The onside kick didn't even hurt Northwestern.  99 yards and no time outs, they're the new Iowa state

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline cat.branchman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 14, 2018, 02:53:05 PM »

hero

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 14, 2018, 03:07:23 PM »
:lol:

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 14, 2018, 04:48:42 PM »

hero
The idiot to the left of our hero has older team gear than Weird Robert.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 14, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »
Legit starter jacket bruh

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: October 14, 2018, 08:42:17 PM »
That dude in the K-State sweatshirt, looks A LOT like Shay Wildeboor. Also I don't think that sweatshirt is old, I got a hoodie with the same Willie logo this summer.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 15, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »
The old Tom & Jerry looking Willie is making a healthy comeback.  Dude's sweatshirt is actually cutting edge.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 15, 2018, 11:14:29 AM »
The old Tom & Jerry looking Willie is making a healthy comeback.  Dude's sweatshirt is actually cutting edge.

I'd be OK if we went to that look for Willie mascot.  Full-bodied mascot instead of the weird part human stuff. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 15, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »
That old wildcat tugs at my nostalgic heart strings. I got a super dope corduroy hat in the 80's with that cat on it lol. I think my first K-State piece of gear.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 15, 2018, 11:15:18 AM »
Yeah the 80s-ish logo goes well with the 80s-ish team that's also making a comeback.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 15, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »
I haven't bought anything with a Powercat on it in several years.  When Bill goes I'd be fine if the Powercat went too.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 15, 2018, 11:40:45 AM »
Officiating bias against Frost?

I recall that newbie Nebraska came into the Big Ten favored to challenge for the Big Title in its 1st year joining the league. If you think that caused resentment among the other Big Ten teams, I suspect you’re correct. If you think that caused bias against Nebraska, I suspect you’re correct.   

Move forward to 2018. The new head coach for Nebraska just won several coach-of-the-year honors for the 2017 season, lead UCF to a major bowl win over Auburn and declared that UCF deserved to be crowned National Champion. He had a compelling argument since UCF beat Auburn, who had beaten Alabama and Georgia, the two teams that played for the official National Championship. If you think the UCF coach’s statements caused some resentment and bias against him, and some angst among the official National Championship folks, I suspect you’re correct.

Harken back to the post-1997 season when the Nebraska QB lead his team to victory over Tennessee in the bowl game to win the National Championship. Clearly, Nebraska throttled and dominated Tennessee in that championship game. In contrast, Michigan, who shared the National Championship that year with Nebraska, barely defeated a very marginal Washington State in less-than-impressive fashion. Subsequent to that win, the Nebraska QB declared his position that Nebraska deserved to be awarded the National Championship. That declaration by the Nebraska QB, and subsequent share of the National Championship caused significant resentment in the Big Ten, and continues to cause resentment among the Michigan faithful. To this day, Michigan maintains that they were robbed of a consensus 1997 National Championship due to the Nebraska QB’s statements.       

So for 2018, Scott Frost, that 1997 National Championship Nebraska QB and 2017 highly-honored deserved National Championship UCF coach, returned to Nebraska, obviously now in the Big Ten. Based on some one-sided officiating seen this year against Nebraska, one has to ask if others set out to ensure a disappointing season in Scott Frost’s Big Ten inaugural season.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 15, 2018, 01:05:47 PM »
have they hung a 2017 national championship banner at nebraska yet?  there transition into Texas A&M will be complete once done.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 15, 2018, 01:11:27 PM »
Officiating bias against Frost?

I recall that newbie Nebraska came into the Big Ten favored to challenge for the Big Title in its 1st year joining the league. If you think that caused resentment among the other Big Ten teams, I suspect you’re correct. If you think that caused bias against Nebraska, I suspect you’re correct.   

Move forward to 2018. The new head coach for Nebraska just won several coach-of-the-year honors for the 2017 season, lead UCF to a major bowl win over Auburn and declared that UCF deserved to be crowned National Champion. He had a compelling argument since UCF beat Auburn, who had beaten Alabama and Georgia, the two teams that played for the official National Championship. If you think the UCF coach’s statements caused some resentment and bias against him, and some angst among the official National Championship folks, I suspect you’re correct.

Harken back to the post-1997 season when the Nebraska QB lead his team to victory over Tennessee in the bowl game to win the National Championship. Clearly, Nebraska throttled and dominated Tennessee in that championship game. In contrast, Michigan, who shared the National Championship that year with Nebraska, barely defeated a very marginal Washington State in less-than-impressive fashion. Subsequent to that win, the Nebraska QB declared his position that Nebraska deserved to be awarded the National Championship. That declaration by the Nebraska QB, and subsequent share of the National Championship caused significant resentment in the Big Ten, and continues to cause resentment among the Michigan faithful. To this day, Michigan maintains that they were robbed of a consensus 1997 National Championship due to the Nebraska QB’s statements.       

So for 2018, Scott Frost, that 1997 National Championship Nebraska QB and 2017 highly-honored deserved National Championship UCF coach, returned to Nebraska, obviously now in the Big Ten. Based on some one-sided officiating seen this year against Nebraska, one has to ask if others set out to ensure a disappointing season in Scott Frost’s Big Ten inaugural season.

yes pls, I'll have more of this :drool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 15, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »
yeah that is amaze

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #970 on: October 15, 2018, 01:15:14 PM »
I think those are all very obviously solid points, I’m just having trouble determining when exactly the officiating bias against Nebraska began based on the account.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 15, 2018, 01:57:42 PM »
"at least a share, at least a share"

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 21, 2018, 07:19:01 AM »
So the worst Nebraska team in modern history just beat PJ Fleck by 3 touchdowns.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 21, 2018, 07:41:03 AM »
So the worst Nebraska team in modern history just beat PJ Fleck by 3 touchdowns.

Yep

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 21, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »

@ me, hoe