Author Topic: The lets lol @ Oklahoma master thread  (Read 5703 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The lets lol @ Oklahoma master thread
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »
I think the issue is that only "force" is criminalized under the statute, and "force" under the statute does not include just any lack of consent.

How the judges could not shoehorn this situation under SOME definition of "force" is beyond me, though.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: The lets lol @ Oklahoma master thread
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 02:43:43 PM »
Blacked Out (allegedly) =/ passed out (asleep)

Ya'll don't read good.

You can't put someone in prison, make them register as a sex offender and force them to list rapist on job applications over letting a drunk girl suck his dick on the pretext he should have known later she would say she was blacked out and normally wouldn't do that. That's not justice or the law.

You certainly can't put said guy in the same category as dudes who kidnap women, beat them and rape them all the while they are screaming and kicking to get away.

So absurd
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 02:46:04 PM »
I think the issue is that only "force" is criminalized under the statute, and "force" under the statute does not include just any lack of consent.

How the judges could not shoehorn this situation under SOME definition of "force" is beyond me, though.

I'd bet a decent sum of money the alleged victims testimony and character weren't credible. And you're talking about sending someone to prison for several years over a drunken bj. Shoehorn that concept of justice.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »
I have not researched the story, but it is possible the testimony was completely credible and that this person was actually convicted of rape, but that conviction was overturned based on the fact it did not fall under the statute.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 03:50:53 PM »

Ya'll don't read good.

You can't put someone in prison, make them register as a sex offender and force them to list rapist on job applications over letting a drunk girl suck his dick on the pretext he should have known later she would say she was blacked out and normally wouldn't do that. That's not justice or the law.

You certainly can't put said guy in the same category as dudes who kidnap women, beat them and rape them all the while they are screaming and kicking to get away.

So absurd

It says unconscious. Unconscious means passed out (asleep), not blacked out.

“Forcible sodomy cannot occur where a victim is so intoxicated as to be completely unconscious at the time of the sexual act of oral copulation,”

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »
I have not researched the story, but it is possible the testimony was completely credible and that this person was actually convicted of rape, but that conviction was overturned based on the fact it did not fall under the statute.

Don't even respond to FSD's horrific and baseless questioning of a rape victim's integrity.  Well, maybe not baseless, as he clearly thinks if a girl is unconscious she is asking for it.  I mean, how could she consent if she wasn't conscious?

When FSD is sprinting to the far right of Oklahoma lawmakers trying to fix the loophole, you have to realize he is a sock.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2016, 04:36:14 PM »

Don't even respond to FSD's horrific and baseless questioning of a rape victim's integrity.  Well, maybe not baseless, as he clearly thinks if a girl is unconscious she is asking for it.  I mean, how could she consent if she wasn't conscious?

When FSD is sprinting to the far right of Oklahoma lawmakers trying to fix the loophole, you have to realize he is a sock.

Part of choosing to drink alcohol is accepting the risk that someone will shove their dick in your mouth if/when you pass out. That was the original understanding of the Founders.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »
Whatever happened to just drawing a dong on someone's face with a Sharpie?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »

Yeah, this is Hillary's job.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2016, 04:58:45 PM »
Whatever happened to just drawing a dong on someone's face with a Sharpie?

the penis mightier

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 05:27:02 PM »
So under Oklahoma law, if he had put it in the V or the A, it would have been rape, even if the victim was unconscious. Reading between the lines, apparently the force element applicable to this case for oral sodomy includes resistance from the victim (although the statute simply says "force, violence, or threats of force or violence"). On the one hand, the opinion was given no precedential value. On the other hand, Oklahoma has a wrinkly old penal code that needs some enhancement. We're talking about a penal code that defines sodomy as "THE detestable and abominable crime against nature, committed with mankind or with a beast." That is the entire description of the acts covered.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 07:04:31 PM »

Conviction??? There wasn't even a trial.

But the trial judge dismissed the case. And the appeals court ruling, on 24 March, affirmed that prosecutors could not apply the law to a victim who was incapacitated by alcohol.

Reading between the lines, the appellate court made up a reason to uphold a dismissal and preserve the trial court's ruling that getting head from a drunk chick isnt rape.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:30 PM »

Ya'll don't read good.

So absurd

It says unconscious. Unconscious means passed out (asleep), not blacked out.

“Forcible sodomy cannot occur where a victim is so intoxicated as to be completely unconscious at the time of the sexual act of oral copulation,”

Nowhere does it say she was passed out when she sacked him off, because obviously she wasnt.

This is about "rape culture" and other nonsense, and covering for a trial court that made the right decision while applying the law incorrectly.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 07:16:59 PM »

Conviction??? There wasn't even a trial.

But the trial judge dismissed the case. And the appeals court ruling, on 24 March, affirmed that prosecutors could not apply the law to a victim who was incapacitated by alcohol.

Reading between the lines, the appellate court made up a reason to uphold a dismissal and preserve the trial court's ruling that getting head from a drunk chick isnt rape.

For what it's worth, your hypothesis of what happened in this particular case is probably pretty close to the truth. Still, there's no reason why oral penetration should only be covered by an antiquated moralistic law rather than being included in their rape law. Under Oklahoma law, it is (technically) currently illegal to get a blowjob under any circumstances.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 08:42:55 PM »
I know I'm right, because I haven't been a law student for a decade and actually understand how things work.

I agree the law, as written, is anachronistic. I doubt it's enforced that way, and I'd imagine there are myriad other criminal charges they could have thrown at the guy if he actually did something criminal.

What I can't stand is the deliberately pathetic level of journalistic integrity and diligence done to push a neo fascist agenda, and stupid pukes who don't understand what they're reading lapping it up.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 08:52:35 PM »
Basically the story should read, fuckhead prosecutor tries to imprison man under ancient law in childish attempt to redefine rape to conform to doltish feminist ideals . Trial court tosses case and tells prosecutor to stop being such a fucktard.

Guardian picks up the story, does zero research, lies about stuff, misrepresents stuff, inserts wack job pov, and morons share it on Facebook

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 09:38:22 PM »
You really can't blame the prosecutor for trying to get someone convicted for crap that is a crime in like, every other state.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 09:42:55 PM »
It's kind of stupid to indict someone for a crime that's not a crime in your jurisdiction. It's a waste of resources, and he ought to know the law. On the other hand, looks like it has led to reforms:

OK Court of Criminal Appeals--Summary Opinion: http://cocaunpub.oids.ok.gov/coca/RZM.pdf

Trial court docket: http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=tulsa&number=YO-2015-24&cmid=2828626

Article on amended bill passed by legislature yesterday in part to address the issue: http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/028d2d9d9a2b4a0094120594878b359a/US--Sodomy-Ruling-Bill

Info on HB 2398: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=hb2398&Session=1600

Wacky's Go-To: youjizz[dot]com

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 10:05:35 PM »
You really can't blame the prosecutor for trying to get someone convicted for crap that is a crime in like, every other state.

Convicted for what? It's a terrifying abuse of power on the part of the prosecutor. He should be suspended.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2017, 06:27:07 AM »
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/12/08/oklahoma-preacher-arrested-racist-prostitute-massage-parlor-bust
This has to offend someone.  This guy should be locked away for impersonation of a preacher.   A whore house for God - come on.  This whore should be sued.  Denying to do business with non-white people.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
Why are they hiding the gender of the undercover officer?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2017, 08:53:17 AM »
Good grief
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2017, 08:55:08 AM »
Based on his reasoning, if heterosexuality is ok then Roy Moore did nothing wrong....I think that guy should move to Alabama.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2017, 09:25:06 AM »
I should make a scrapbook of cases like this and every time someone says something like, “well he’s rich and successful so he must be smart” I can just beat them over the head with it.