Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 497731 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #7850 on: October 26, 2023, 11:51:18 AM »
I definitely think cultural aspects have contributed to some of the underlying causes of the mass shooting phenomenon.  I don't think no-fault divorce and evolution are the main boogeyman, but I do think it's worth considering the underlying root causes of these freaks' rampages -- though curing broad, cultural trends (e.g. divorce/secularization/social media radicalization, whatever) are basically impossible ways to solve this problem, imo.  I'm not sure what Johnson's point is -- even if we take his suggestion as true, what, we should legislate out no-fault divorce as a way to fix the shootings?  Absurd.

The much more obvious problem with a much easier solution (though likely imperfect/incomplete) is the guns, imo.

When you can draw a straight line between “availability of automatic rifles to anyone who wants one” and “incidents of mass shootings” I’m not sure phenomenon is the right word

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: October 26, 2023, 12:26:08 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: October 26, 2023, 12:38:21 PM »
that is a who is who of gI

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: October 26, 2023, 02:27:53 PM »
I definitely think cultural aspects have contributed to some of the underlying causes of the mass shooting phenomenon.  I don't think no-fault divorce and evolution are the main boogeyman, but I do think it's worth considering the underlying root causes of these freaks' rampages -- though curing broad, cultural trends (e.g. divorce/secularization/social media radicalization, whatever) are basically impossible ways to solve this problem, imo.  I'm not sure what Johnson's point is -- even if we take his suggestion as true, what, we should legislate out no-fault divorce as a way to fix the shootings?  Absurd.

The much more obvious problem with a much easier solution (though likely imperfect/incomplete) is the guns, imo.

When you can draw a straight line between “availability of automatic rifles to anyone who wants one” and “incidents of mass shootings” I’m not sure phenomenon is the right word

Correct.  We are never going to resolve humans choosing violence.  Not sure we should try.  However, a wildly simple solution exists.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: October 26, 2023, 03:25:50 PM »
#blueanon/#blueanongE - consistently clamoring for the lowest hanging fruit and the derpiest of derp brained explanations for why people do what they do

#anythingtoadvancemypoliticalagenda

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: October 26, 2023, 03:30:24 PM »
We should go after the low-hanging fruit first and then get a ladder or something and figure out how to deal with the high-hanging fruit, imo.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: October 26, 2023, 03:31:49 PM »
The lowest hanging fruit is using derptitude and manipulating simple brained people to advance a political agenda. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: October 26, 2023, 04:47:27 PM »
We should go after the low-hanging fruit first and then get a ladder or something and figure out how to deal with the high-hanging fruit, imo.
sure, the low hanging fruit may lessen the whole slaughter of innocents on a daily basis but you would know it was the low hanging fruit.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: October 26, 2023, 05:22:16 PM »
catturd2 with another shoutout
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: October 26, 2023, 05:38:04 PM »
sure, the low hanging fruit may lessen the whole slaughter of innocents on a daily basis but you would know it was the low hanging fruit.

You're right, that's not very sporting. Especially when you're hunting The Most Dangerous Game.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7860 on: October 26, 2023, 06:25:55 PM »
dax, in your mind what does "low hanging fruit" mean?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: October 26, 2023, 07:47:02 PM »

The most efficient killing machine available to the average person in the entirety of history can be had for like $600. It's definitely not that though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: October 26, 2023, 08:06:53 PM »

The most efficient killing machine available to the average person in the entirety of history can be had for like $600. It's definitely not that though.

It’s probably those damn workers unions

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: October 26, 2023, 08:32:06 PM »
dax, in your mind what does "low hanging fruit" mean?

The simplest derp ass explanation that advances the #blueanon narrative.

Ooo, let’s check his follows on Twitter . . . #blueanon

Oh, but yeah see, those got damn pubs keep voting against mental health, ya see.

What was in the bill?  . . . Those got damn pubs keep voting against mental health (as we define it), ya see

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: October 26, 2023, 08:32:59 PM »
His Twitter activity is a parade of incel losers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: October 26, 2023, 08:34:50 PM »
Reports: Schizophrenic in multi generational #blueanon state that was known to police

Must have been Twitter follows and lack of access to mental healthcare. . . #blueanongE

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: October 26, 2023, 08:40:37 PM »
His Twitter activity is a parade of incel losers

it's a parade of people dax posts on here
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: October 26, 2023, 08:42:38 PM »
#blueanongE: We tend to completely skip over and ignore certain mass shooting suspects (and we even tried to pin the Paul Pelosi attack on MAGA . , . because we’re giant derps).   

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: October 26, 2023, 08:45:47 PM »
The pivot from gun violence to Paul pelosi in less than 6 moves is known in the incel community as the Queen’s Gambit

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: October 26, 2023, 08:46:32 PM »
#blueanon/#blueanongE:  We pretty much don’t GAF about mass shooting or crime in general . . . Unless it’s an opportunity to advance our agenda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: October 26, 2023, 08:46:59 PM »
The pivot from gun violence to Paul pelosi in less than 6 moves is known in the incel community as the Queen’s Gambit
An amazing derp who never ever gets it

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: October 26, 2023, 08:49:32 PM »
Low hanging fruit..  :lol: :lol:. My lord.  Could someone put together a pyramid of this please?  Start with the low hanging fruit (i.e. maga's that taz themselves)  and go from there.  :excited:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: October 26, 2023, 08:57:06 PM »

:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: October 26, 2023, 08:58:50 PM »
These () confuse people like DuhBigStalker and BAC, and the relevance and relationship factor is utterly lost on these two colossal derps

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: October 26, 2023, 09:00:40 PM »
#blueanon/#blueanongE - consistently clamoring for the lowest hanging fruit and the derpiest of derp brained explanations for why people do what they do

#anythingtoadvancemypoliticalagenda
For posterity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk