Author Topic: Who is your Nemesis and who is your Archenemy?  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who is your Nemesis and who is your Archenemy?
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »
    * Recognizing Your Nemesis:

At some point in the past, this person was (arguably) your best friend.

You and this person once competed for the same woman, and you both failed.

You have punched this person in the face.

If invited, you would go to this person's wedding and give them a spice rack, but you would secretly hope that their marriage ends in a bitter, public divorce.

People who barely know the two of you assume you are close friends; people who know both of you intimately suspect you profoundly hate each other.

If your archenemy tried to kill you, this person would attempt to stop him.

* Recognizing Your Archenemy:

Every time you talk to this person, you lie.

If you meet someone who has the same first name as this person, you immediately like them less.

This person has done at least two (2) things that would be classified as "unforgivable."

The satisfaction you feel from your own success pales in comparison to the despair you feel from this person's personal triumphs, even if those triumphs are completely unrelated to your life.

If this person slept with your girlfriend, she would never be attractive to you again.

Even if this person's girlfriend was a hateful bitch, you would sleep with her out of spite.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Who is your Nemesis and who is your Archenemy?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »
Also, need back story.

Nemesis:  "Horrace."  This guy fulfills 5/6.  Partnered with him for tennis for one season, would always blame each other for things but were very good together and much closer in terms of talent than I would ever claim.  Next year I surpassed him in ability and then won an unexpected prize in the only competition that truly mattered to him.  He is obscenely nice/polite and successful.  I wish him ill, but not mortal ill.  Would definitely get in a fight for him if someone was messing with him, but would then punch/kick him in the groin.

Archenemy:  A 6/6.  Ian.  I effing hate this guy.  A complete turd.  He got caught cheating at History Day and I won.  I could not have enjoyed taking the high-road as his parents came over to chit-chat.  They later paid his way to a prep-school so he could go on and wash the blood off his hands.  He reminds me in every way of American Psycho, except without the Situation.  He likes to yacht and build ginger bread cakes in his spare time and when my mom confused his name with a published author that had sold hundreds of thousands of books I was not happy until it had been disproved.  He took over my sloppy seconds twice and turned my ex's against me, he is a profoundly empty soul and I hope that he is humiliated by some terrible scandal that leaves him living with his parents.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:14:52 PM »
don't think i have a nemesis. arch enemy is some girl that married a friend of mine. hated her before they got maried. hated her while they were married. hated her after she cheated on him w/ her boss. they've been divorced for years now. haven't seen her since i found out. would honestly possibly punch her in the face if i ever run into her, which i will....i will.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:49:56 PM »
Is it bad to have 3 or 4 Nemesis(Nemesi?) and about a dozen archenemies?
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »
Nemesis: Ok_Cat. He's a wedding photog. What else need be said?

Archenemy: Sys. No more need be said.

:blank:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 11:56:08 PM »
i've never shot a wedding in my life, rough ridin' cop.

glad that you think i care enough about you to be a "nemesis," though, dorkstore.

:lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 03:40:59 AM »
don't have any of either myself.

but one of my best friends has probably 20-30 nemeses.  it's pretty funny 'cause everyone thinks he likes them, but he secretly hates them.  kinda scary though, 'cause one of my best friends probably secretly hates me.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PurpleScarf

• Fan
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
No archenemies but I do have a nemesis and a nemesis-in-training:

Nemesis: Ex-friend who turned into a certified crazy person when no one was looking. When I broke up with my (alcoholic, kind of a douchbag) ex, she freaked out and accused me of making her boyfriend dump her (which he unfortunately had done a week before me and my ex broke up), turned several of our mutual friends against me, and started a slanderous passive-aggressive campaign against me on the internet, possibly because she may or may not have had feelings for the guy I dated immediately after (and still date). We eventually were able to maintain a civil relationship because of one close friend of ours, but nothing beyond that. She would probably save me from my arch out of spite, just to be able to say she took the high road. Grrr.

Nemesis-in-training: N-i-t only gets 4/6, but I am pretty sure this person has been put on the earth to torment me. I've known this person for many years (she's married to a dear friend which is the only reason that the punching criteria doesn't count...yet), and the better I know her, the more I realize how completely fake/delusional she is. :curse: She gets nemesis cred because I do actually kind of like her in spite of being someone I want to punch in the face. Constantly.
My sister Stheno says I "verily personify the terrors of the sea" and would be a "real catch" for any man with half a brain.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 06:50:28 PM »
I think it is incredibly telling that goEMAW.com has attracted more female posters in a matter of weeks with its lineup of great smelling, 21st century gentlemen, meanwhile Terry and MJ presided over a cess-pool of fat Hooters patrons and stinky wife-beaters with nary a lady in sight.

A-Hoy there PurpleScarf!  And let me say this, ID'ing your nemesis and arch-enemy is an essential step in the life long quest for self-actualization.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »
I have people that I think those things about but they really haven't done anything to me other than be dbags.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »
I'm just shitting you two. Luv ya like bro's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 09:35:10 PM »
I think it is incredibly telling that goEMAW.com has attracted more female posters in a matter of weeks with its lineup of great smelling, 21st century gentlemen, meanwhile Terry and MJ presided over a cess-pool of fat Hooters patrons and stinky wife-beaters with nary a lady in sight.

A-Hoy there PurpleScarf!  And let me say this, ID'ing your nemesis and arch-enemy is an essential step in the life long quest for self-actualization.

Time to seriously consider a goEMAW cotillion or box social.

Offline PurpleScarf

• Fan
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »
goEMAW Ladies' Auxiliary??
 :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Omg we could totally all wear purple hats to all games and stuff!!! And talk about makeups and girl stuff!! :facepalm:

My sister Stheno says I "verily personify the terrors of the sea" and would be a "real catch" for any man with half a brain.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 04:12:39 PM »
Officer's WAGs Club?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
I told Mrs. dave how female friendly the KU Pak was and she was actually upset she missed it

Offline PurpleScarf

• Fan
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 06:48:06 PM »
Please get her to come to the next one! Maybe she will enjoy it better...?

Offline ksu_FANw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 11:53:46 AM »
I think there are more ladies on this board than meets the eye, all you have to do is get them to register.
In fact, I told _FAN he's missing out on a fabulous niche market: message board lingere.  If I had his top ten posts printed with some Doom accents on something feminine... :blush: