Author Topic: Lee School basketball court  (Read 11901 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Lee School basketball court
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2010, 07:31:17 AM »
WW may as well have been called Theodore Roosevelt East Campus.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
Seven Dolors alum here. The basketball courts were shitty, but the playground had a cool tri-level wooden contraption with a slide and a netted rope to climb on. It's since been taken down, probably for safety reasons.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »
Eugene Fields, 10 ft rims teaches you how to be a man.

Eugene Field? Is that even a school anymore?  :lol:

(proud Lee school alum here)

PhiCat, did you ever have the chance to meet Old Bob, the dude who does the crossing guard duty for Lee on Anderson? He was a photographer around the world for 50 yrs. Life magazine, even.

Speaking of Lee School, I once puked directly into 7-8 a.m. traffic on Anderson. While little kids were across the street peering through the haverhill fence wondering wtf was going on. This immediately followed the conversation with Old Bob.

Does or did? They first started having a crossing guard on Anderson at some point in my seven years there (ending spring 99).  I remember a few but never really chatted it up with any of them.  If he's currently the crossing guard then I for sure don't know who he is.

Love the puke story.  I'm sure all of those kids still know of you as the throw up kid.

Used to, he may still be alive.

And they'd probably know of me as the throw up kid--if I was a kid--but I was like 22. :drink:
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »
Edith Scheuerman Tigers are number ONE!
We do our work and get it DONE!
Fail we WON'T!
Wail we WON'T!
Play together, YES WE WILL!

not 100% sure of the last line

+1

Offline DOOM_Catz

• Combo-Fan
  • EMAW said we ain't losin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »
Lee school was the crap. There was no better playground to thrown down and settle a beef than at that school. I dont know if I have fonder memories than the first time I kissed a girl on that hazardous "Big Toy" that everyone always got splinters on or when I fracked some kid up in 4th grade during a game of kickball on the Blacktop when he talked trash on Mrs. Irelands class. Nuff said. :lynchmob:
“I'm grossly overpaid for what I do." - LHC Bill Snyder, April 17th, 2013

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
Lee school was the crap. There was no better playground to thrown down and settle a beef than at that school. I dont know if I have fonder memories than the first time I kissed a girl on that hazardous "Big Toy" that everyone always got splinters on or when I fracked some kid up in 4th grade during a game of kickball on the Blacktop when he talked trash on Mrs. Irelands class. Nuff said. :lynchmob:

I had Mrs. Ireland for two years. Not because I failed but because she moved up a grade with our class.  I would gladly beat the crap out of someone who talked trash on her.  Also, I loved the big toy and would beat the crap out of anyone who said any lame ass piece of playground equipment at their school was better than that was.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2010, 04:15:34 PM »

sidenotes: Lee school was where the "brothers" came to play. TJ Marshall was even spotted shooting J's there once. This is where you went to grow chest hair and earn your street cred.

Do you mean JT?

I took him in a game of one on one.  First one to ten.  Mano a mano.

Of course, there was a lot of drinking involved and no fouls called.   :drink:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2010, 06:36:09 PM »
Seven Dolors alum here. The basketball courts were shitty, but the playground had a cool tri-level wooden contraption with a slide and a netted rope to climb on. It's since been taken down, probably for safety reasons.

OT, but isn't it like the cutest thing ever when seven dolors kids try to talk grade schools with manhattan kids. just adoreable really.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2010, 08:10:49 PM »

OT, but isn't it like the cutest thing ever when seven dolors kids try to talk grade schools with manhattan kids. just adoreable really.

Yeah, the transition from Luckey Jr. High to MHS was overwhelming.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
LOL at luckey jr. high school pride.

heard you guys had fracking AWESOME school food though.   :dunno:

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
Pride? Not really, I mean it was Jr. High, however the basketball teams were ridiculously good. You are correct that the school lunches were good. They prepped/cooked the food there.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »
Pride? Not really, I mean it was Jr. High, however the basketball teams were ridiculously relatively good.

fyp

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »
Pride? Not really, I mean it was Jr. High, however the basketball teams were ridiculously good. You are correct that the school lunches were good. They prepped/cooked the food there.

why do private school kids get so defensive when public school kids make fun of them? rough ridin' babies  :lol: