Author Topic: Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals  (Read 34504 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »
This thread becomes more entertaining every time I open it.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2018, 08:52:44 PM »
This thread becomes more entertaining every time I open it.

The gift that keeps on giving.

(Big fan of MCMW Gene Taylor FTR)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2018, 08:58:53 PM »
The next step is the Mustang getting dudes cleared after this kind of thing.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2018, 10:31:23 PM »
Holy eff.

The statement Wainwright gave to KSUPD took place after OPPD asked KSUPD on 1/26 to question him and before the story came out about the investigation and Wainwright's involvement and KSU saying that Wainwright had cooperated with authorities.  That cooperation is KSUPD's interview of Wainwright.

The statement is not a statement he gave after being arrested.  The statement was used in the affidavit that supported the filing of the case on 3/27, for which he was arrested on 3/28. 

Perhaps you're unaware that it's common for arrests to happen after a case is filed, under the prosecutor's direction.  Arresting prior to there being a case is usually when someone is caught in the act and/or could flee.  Alternatively, when there's an investigation to be done, the cops will do that and present their findings to the prosecutor, who'll direct on what else can or should be done in order for the prosecutor to file the case at the ideal time.

It doesn't do any good for cops to arrest people during investigations without knowing if the prosecutor will actually file the case.  The prosecutor's case is what defines what a defendant is charged with, not a cop's opinion.

The January cops did not and could not have told KSU charges wouldn't be pursued.  KSU took advantage of Wainwright not having been charged yet in January while there were still minutes to be played and while the roster spot couldn't have been filled.  In April, with no minutes to be played for months and players available to fill a roster spot, the procedural step of the criminal complaint being filed was when KSU chose to announce its intolerance for the alleged behavior and send Amaad on his way.

I hear you, and it's a plausible scenario.  I just wanted to point out that there are other explanations for the same facts here.  And honestly, no.  I was not aware it was common for police to rely on the investigative efforts of campus PD who I guess also reports to Gene Taylor and/or oscar Weber?

Along the same lines, don't you think Wainright's flight risk would have gone up pretty substantially in the middle of the investigation had he been kicked off the team?

Also, I actually am interested to see the affidavit if you know where to find it, cause that article was crap.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:39:02 PM by catastrophe »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2018, 10:45:04 PM »
FWIW, the unethical thing done here was kicking Wainright off the team.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2018, 11:08:10 PM »
If the OPPD took 3 months to file felony charges on a guy hiding in plain site on national television while in possession of a confession, that's on them. The OPPD is like the most overstaffed and overfunded PD in the world.

You don't get to claim the crime is heinous and the AD allowing him to play as outrageous, while explaining away the absence of any urgency exhibited by the prosecuting law enforcement body as "routine". That's asinine. goE dumbfuckery at its finest.

EDIT: It's difficult to tell, but a beautiful mind may be asserting the confession wasn't given until a day before charges were filed in late March, which makes the whole KSUAD knew in Jan because the KSUPD knew in Jan completely baseless (except for maybe colored yarn and thumbtacks)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 11:31:19 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2018, 11:10:37 PM »

Nonsensical.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2018, 11:18:43 PM »
@Trim The question is how much circumstantial evidence is enough to suspend a player in anticipation of criminal charges being brought.

I totally get that people have differing views on this. IMO, a school has no obligation to sit a player during an investigation so long as the school and player are fully cooperative. Obviously other people feel differently: that even a chance of being charged with something is enough to sit them. But to act like either side has some kind of moral high ground is ridiculous. No one here was calling for oscar to turn Foster into the feds for smoking marijuana.

I could understand waiting on the investigation if he were claiming that he was innocent. He told the campus police that he was driving the vehicle, his friend fired shots into another vehicle, and then he got into a high speed chase after a cop tried to talk to him about it. Are you saying K-State should have waited to see if the investigation found he actually didn't do all of what he said he did, or that what he said he did isn't enough that he should be kicked off the team?

I'd say a sworn confession would be sufficient to file charges (assuming the ksupd affidavit is real), but you know procedure and strategery most likely bogged down getting a dangerous felon off the streets of south joco.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2018, 11:26:24 PM »
Indefinitely suspended = kicked off the team

In this hokie ksuad coverup to get a 2ppg guy on the floor for a completely unforeseeable E8 run.

It all makes sense if you connect the paraphrased news article together with yarn on a bulletin board in your mom's basement.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2018, 11:53:32 PM »
What percentage of posters in this thread do you believe are irl nuts FSD?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2018, 09:46:58 AM »

And now I’m really confused. It makes perfect sense to me that you would suspend a charged player pending the results of a criminal trial. It also makes sense that you would distinguish between players who have been formally accused and those who are only part of an ongoing investigation.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
 :dubious: Do you know who you're talking to?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2018, 10:39:33 AM »

And now I’m really confused. It makes perfect sense to me that you would suspend a charged player pending the results of a criminal trial. It also makes sense that you would distinguish between players who have been formally accused and those who are only part of an ongoing investigation.

KSU knew what he did because he admitted to it, at least in part.  KSU was cool with what he did*.  This has now moved along in the process to where the case is filed w/the corresponding charges.  Only now, despite nothing having changed in KSU's understanding of what he did, has KSU decided to dismiss him*.

*coincidentally, when KSU still needed/wanted him on the team for basketball reasons

**coincidentally, when KSU wanted him off the team for basketball reasons

And despite being "formally accused," he's still innocent until proven guilty.  If KSU is going to try to relate its basketball moves to criminal proceedings, maybe a conviction should be the trigger (ha!)?

What you should be taking away is that it's silly to base college sports roster spots on criminal proceedings, especially when the behavior that could potentially earn or has earned a criminal proceeding is known.  If a coach or AD is going to be granting the privilege to be on a team based in part on character qualities, the behavior is what matters, not what one can get away with.

Pressure is on Lowery to get someone good now to fill the Wainright spot they created.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 24, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »
I get what you’re saying, I just disagree there is anything problematic about it. There are 4 phases to stuff like this:

1. The story
2. Investigation
3. Charges / trial
4. Conviction / Acquittal

From an AD perspective, you could choose to draw a line at any of these phases in deciding how to treat players, regardless of what you think as far as the truth or falsity if the claims.

It seems pretty clear to me that the Mustang has drawn a red line at step 3 for all cases. You might disagree and think an AD should draw that line at steps 1, 2, or only 4, but I don’t have a problem with it personally.

In this case, the KSU AD sat Wainright once the story broke expecting that he might get charged. That didn’t happen, so he was not suspended. Once more information came out and charges were filed, Wainright was suspended pending a final judicial decision as whether or not he did anything wrong (which sure seems likely in this case). Again, I don’t see a problem with this process and I certainly don’t think it was unfairly applied to Wainright.

Your issue seems to come from the fact that you think the KSU AD should have done its own investigation independent of the police and made a preliminary determination as to Wainright’s culpability. I get that, and if that is what we did here I wouldn’t be complaining either. But as far as I can tell the Mustang is going with a process that defers completely to the discretion of law enforcement as far as likelihood of guilt, and that seems totally appropriate to me.

Obviously this all changes if there is ANY indication KSU had information that the OP PD did not and chose not to share that information. I just haven’t seen even a whiff of that in this case.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2018, 11:11:01 AM »
But as far as I can tell the Mustang is going with a process that defers completely to the discretion of law enforcement as far as likelihood of guilt, and that seems totally appropriate to me.

As far as I can tell, the Mustang has authorized the coaches to defer completely to what suits their roster situation best.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2018, 12:22:59 PM »
the mustang was hired to defer the entire athletic department to the team’s respective coaches and/or their sons/daughters

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2018, 12:26:42 PM »
oscar Weber's daughters really need to get in on this nepotism action.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 24, 2018, 12:47:36 PM »
Would be nice if we had an AD and coaching staff that cared about public safety and innocent people's lives being affected by gunfire just minding their own business. Oh well I guess.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2018, 01:56:03 PM »

I'd say ~15-25% are irl delusional and/or on the spectrum.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2018, 02:03:35 PM »
oscar Weber's daughters really need to get in on this nepotism action.
i updated my post

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2018, 02:22:01 PM »

I'd say ~15-25% are irl delusional and/or on the spectrum.

yeah, that's about what I got.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2018, 05:00:17 PM »
@ someone

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »
75-85% are huge oscar Weber aka Dave Bliss fans. Sad

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2018, 06:14:42 PM »
Would be nice if we had an AD and coaching staff that cared about public safety and innocent people's lives being affected by gunfire just minding their own business.  well I guess.
They got his butt off of streets and made him play basketball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
#freeamaad