Author Topic: We played a game last night, correct?  (Read 9807 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: We played a game last night, correct?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 06:40:24 PM »
ertz is quite a bit more accurate than hubener(which says nothing), and he will get better. by the end of the year the offense will be pretty good. next year it will be much better and we probably will win 10 games.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 06:47:41 PM »
ertz is quite a bit more accurate than hubener(which says nothing), and he will get better. by the end of the year the offense will be pretty good. next year it will be much better and we probably will win 10 games.

NAME   CMP   ATT   YDS   CMP%   YDS/A   TD   INT   RAT
Joe Hubener   131   275   1837   47.6   6.68   9   10   107.3

NAME   CMP   ATT   YDS   CMP%   YDS/A   TD   INT   RAT
Jesse Ertz   51   105   688   48.6   6.55   5   2   115.5

I mean, I'm sure Ertz will be better in the long run, but the stats thus far don't suggest a huge improvement over 'zooka, and I don't think it's that outlandish to think 'zooka himself would be statistically improved this year in a starter's role after last year's experience.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 06:49:13 PM »
look at TDs and INTs, fisherman.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »

the biggest diff is in our running game, bubs. 5 ypc this year, which is v. good.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 07:01:18 PM »

the biggest diff is in our running game, bubs. 5 ypc this year, which is v. good.
ertz being a better runner than hubener explains of lot of that.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »

bubs, are you even reading my posts. that's exactly what i already said. it's the biggest difference between the two, but as have others have noted it's been something the offense hasn't fully exploited, likely due to concerns about ertz's health/spaghetti knees.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2016, 07:10:06 PM »

bubs, are you even reading my posts. that's exactly what i already said. it's the biggest difference between the two, but as have others have noted it's been something the offense hasn't fully exploited, likely due to concerns about ertz's health/spaghetti knees.
i've been drinking.

i'm sure you agree we shouldn't be so concerned about spaghetti knees bc we have delton. and even hubener is likely to be better than last year, like you said.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
The way Mahomes played, and the way their offense clicked in the first half made me very nervous, so to have the defense tighten up and "figure it out" at HT was really nice.

Very impressive 2nd half. Played poorly in the first half - or coached poorly - but the second half was something else.

I think the defensive coaches made great adjustments as the game went on. We didn't just sit back and take it. We tried some blitzes that Tech handled well, but I think eventually we found some coverages that slowed Mahomes' reads which finally gave us a shot to get pressure. He does a great job of getting the ball out quick but we made him think pause more in the 2nd half which gave our pass rush a chance.

D line was getting through even early in the game but he's great at getting it out like you said and he's quite slippery. Their oline is very bad. I noticed we started rolling our corners up towards the LOS in the 3rd and even pressed a little. Made a huge difference

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2016, 07:55:46 PM »
I like Reed, but the reason he is getting so much action is because teams are staying clear away from Duke.

We have two good corners. One is more of a ball hawk, and one is more fundamentally sound.

But the best part is that they're both sophomores.
:thumbs:

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2016, 09:00:19 PM »
I got to add that although I agree with others that the D adjusted well in the second half, I believe TT's problems were more than just that in the half.  I will have to watch the game again, but I think Mahoomes may have been a bit dinged after getting hit and it may have taken something off of his throws (of course, facing more of a rush and throwing off balance might account for the issue, so until I watch it again, who knows).

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »
I think KU helped us with Mahomes not having enough stamina for 4 quarters.

Offline Karlen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2016, 09:46:31 PM »
Didn't know Snyder was still feisty. He really snapped at a reporter who asked about blowing the timeouts in the second half.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 10:41:55 PM »
Great post MIR. Made me feel good about the cats. I like that.  :emawkid:

i don't think you can take much away from this game.

What? Why not?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »

I dont think he's necessarily more accurate, just less inclined to pass to the wrong team. I think he'll end up hitting a higher % over his career
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »
tech's defense is garbage, but i really did like how jones ran last night.  really the first time i can remember where i thought "huh, jones is running north to south hard." 

we just haven't really had much of an offensive identity this season.  ertz still needs to get better at that read option. if he does, i think we could have a pretty formidable run attack with jones as our "power" back and warmack as on the edge ("thunder and lightning"???), especially as our young o-line progresses. 

we just CAN'T ask ertz to do much of a vertical passing game.  those are wasted plays, and they drive me bananas.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2016, 11:24:35 PM »
We threw one screenish type pass to one of the fast receivers and I liked it. The ertz rainbow pass on the play made me lol too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2016, 12:06:10 AM »
remember when there was some penalty and the ref did the "repeat 3rd (or whatever) down" hand motion and he almost bonked one of our guys in the face? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
Is Heath our Richie Incognito?  (I thought Pringle was just gassed (only) and not being abused.) 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »

we just CAN'T ask ertz to do much of a vertical passing game.  those are wasted plays, and they drive me bananas.

This.  in a scenario like this, who's to blame?  Ertz for not being able to make the plays, or Dimel for repeatedly putting him in a position to make plays he can't make?   

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »

This.  in a scenario like this, who's to blame?  Ertz for not being able to make the plays, or Dimel for repeatedly putting him in a position to make plays he can't make?   

Two can fit on a single stake.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
I think the Tech game showed that we can still run the ball using our K-State, QB run game, option read/pop pass offense (against a very poor defense).

But this is why I was so frustrated at Dimel at the start of the second half.  After picking up two first down running the ball deep out of our own end zone, we then threw three straight passed and had to punt the ball.  I get balance, but don't go away from something until they prove they can stop it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »
You kind of have to go away from the QB run game from time to time unless you think your QB having 30 carries is a good idea.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2016, 04:32:42 PM »
I think the Tech game showed that we can still run the ball using our K-State, QB run game, option read/pop pass offense (against a very poor defense).

But this is why I was so frustrated at Dimel at the start of the second half.  After picking up two first down running the ball deep out of our own end zone, we then threw three straight passed and had to punt the ball.  I get balance, but don't go away from something until they prove they can stop it.

you realize Del Miller is the passing game coordinator right dumbass?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 04:48:43 PM »
You kind of have to go away from the QB run game from time to time unless you think your QB having 30 carries is a good idea.
last year, i'd agree with your sentiment.  but this year, we're legitimately pretty deep at qb.  our third string has started 11 games for us.  that being the case, if cisco dies, he dies.  given that he can't do much with his arm, then he needs to be running, or else we get no real value from using him.  without utilizing his good running skills, he's provides no more value than hubener. 

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2016, 05:44:00 PM »

you realize Del Miller is the passing game coordinator right dumbass?

Um, hey dumbass, technically Andre Coleman is the passing game coordinator.  Del is the QB coach and co offensive coordinator.  Dimel is RBs & TE's coach and co offensive coordinator.  Dickey is the run game coordinator. 

Damn!  He trippin' so hard fans are gonna think he done fell off!