Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631156 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10075 on: October 24, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
What are you eeking over?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10076 on: October 24, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »
What are you eeking over?
The top two teams being more than double what is apparently league average. Had no idea MLS had that big of attendance anywhere. Assumed Children's Mercy was the cream of the crop.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: October 24, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »
Real question, do you watch MLS at all?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: October 24, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »
I go to Sporting games on occasion. I don't ever watch on tv. MLS fandom will come when the MNT isn't a joke deluxe. That's how I came to care about and love the NWSL.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: October 24, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »
Seattle is one of if not the most popular teams in MLS and plays in an NFL stadium. They are also very successful. Atlanta is a hot new expansion team that is maybe one of if not the best expansion franchise in league history. They started playing in GT’s stadium and now the Falcons. Atlanta is also a massive metro. Sporting Kansas City built their stadium the perfect sized stadium to foster demand of the product and a top atmosphere. I hope that gives insight to why those two franchises are seeing massive attendance numbers and why Sporting is where they are and still the cream of the crop

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10080 on: October 24, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »
Awesome. Thank you for the insight. :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: October 24, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »
I go to Sporting games on occasion. I don't ever watch on tv. MLS fandom will come when the MNT isn't a joke deluxe. That's how I came to care about and love the NWSL.

MLS is actually a league with world stars though, unlike the NWSL. It isn't right to pin the USMNT not qualifying for the World Cup on the supposed lack of quality in MLS. In actuality the growth of MLS is the biggest reason why we didn't qualify, CONCACAF is doing very well.

Tying the USWNT success to the NWSL would be equally ridiculous. As the NWSL and the women's EPL grow, the women's game around the world has grown to the detriment of total US dominance.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: October 24, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »

MLS is actually a league with world stars though, unlike the NWSL. It isn't right to pin the USMNT not qualifying for the World Cup on the supposed lack of quality in MLS. In actuality the growth of MLS is the biggest reason why we didn't qualify, CONCACAF is doing very well.

Tying the USWNT success to the NWSL would be equally ridiculous. As the NWSL and the women's EPL grow, the women's game around the world has grown to the detriment of total US dominance.
I was saying that following the women all the way to their WC win is what really got me excited about the players. Being able to follow damn near the whole team in the NWSL translated into my giving a crap.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: October 25, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
I like the scottwildcat optimism, but think we'll lose tomorrow like usual.   :frown:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: October 25, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/grantwahl/status/920119976488570881

Someone get 42 in here

I feel bad for Columbus as we had a similar thing happen to us with Orlando. Especially with how they're rough ridin' over their fans over not refunding the 2018 season tickets. The owner seems like a shithead and that's not exactly a great footing to start out on.

That said if he gets us our first pro team ever and keeps it there, all will be forgotten in time. I'm guessing they'll put the stadium over by where the Austin American-Statesman building is. That's the only real piece of downtown real estate left. I'm also curious how this is going to impact the timeline of the supposed return of the USL franchise to FC Barcelona's stadium at their training facility by the Circuit of the Americas track (waaaaaaaaaaay southeast of downtown, think FCD and Frisco in terms of distance).

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: October 25, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »
Apparently the preferred site for the new stadium is Butler Park area, just west of Lamar.

Hopefully the idea for a USL stadium out at COTA dies a horrible death because everything about COTA sucks, and the location of the current pitch sucks, and the idea of trying to put a stadium around it sucks.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: October 26, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
Do or die. Let’s go team.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: October 26, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »
What channel is this jazz on? I can't find it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: October 26, 2017, 07:40:12 PM »
Fskc like normal

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: October 26, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
FSKC, 8:30

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: October 26, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »
Fskc like normal
FSKC, 8:30
Thanks, gents. CBS sports app was saying some UNIM channel.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: October 26, 2017, 09:41:12 PM »
Houston keeper is v houston keeper-y

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: October 26, 2017, 09:51:03 PM »
I’m frustrated by our corner kicks this evening.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: October 26, 2017, 10:31:26 PM »
How do you guys do this? :zzz:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: October 26, 2017, 11:16:03 PM »
Welp. Successful season. I’ll take lifting of the LHUSOC and a playoff birth every year. Disappointing that we leaked oil the final 2 months of the season and failed to get out of the knock out again though. For the sake of the USMNT I hope this was PV’s last game managing Sporting. Otherwise I have faith in him getting this team ready to roll next season.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10095 on: October 26, 2017, 11:21:51 PM »
Team has no swag

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: October 26, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »
Remember Collin and Jimmy and Kei and Dom? Swaggy

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: October 26, 2017, 11:24:54 PM »
Do you guys seriously follow this crap 10 months out of the year?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: October 26, 2017, 11:34:45 PM »
Team has no swag
Meh Gerso Blessing and Benny all have swag

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: October 26, 2017, 11:37:04 PM »
sons of a bitch