Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
https://www.ksn.com/news/crime/kansas-accountant-accused-of-embezzling-money-to-build-house/

You can't make this stuff up.  He called the fictitious company Middle Finger Ranch.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Kansas State Football / Re: Ireland Pak 2025
« Last post by Stupid Fitz on Today at 10:36:43 AM »
This thing is in summer.

Summer in America
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: CHIEFS
« Last post by wetwillie on Today at 10:33:56 AM »
@kim carnes which WR are we drafting tonight?
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: Official KC Current Thread
« Last post by MakeItRain on Today at 10:30:26 AM »
Why is it so hard for these guys and players to eff people outside of the building?
The Kansas City Current has fired the head of its medical department, Carlos Jimenez, for violating the NWSL’s non-fraternization policy, the club confirmed to The Athletic on Wednesday. Multiple sources briefed on the situation said the policy violation concerned a relationship with a Current player.

Jimenez joined the Current last December. He worked as a physical therapist for the Washington Spirit last season and for the U.S. women’s national team from 2019 to 2021.

“When we learned of (Jimenez’s) actions in violation of club and league policies, he was immediately terminated,” the Current said in a statement. “We remain committed to making sure our policies and practices ensure a safe space for our players and our staff.”

Jimenez did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

The NWSL instituted a non-fraternization policy, in addition to a policy on workplace discrimination, harassment, and bullying, as part of the league’s reforms following the allegations of sexual coercion against Paul Riley and subsequent joint investigation.

The non-fraternization policy applies to all NWSL personnel, including players, coaches, owners, managers, trainers, and any other employees of the league or its clubs. The policy states that “NWSL supervisors may not engage in, develop, continue, or pursue any romantic and/or sexual relationships or encounters, even when consensual, with any employee (including NWSL players or trialists) over whom they currently have direct or indirect supervisory authority or management influence.”

A team’s head of medical would fall under the policy’s definition of a “supervisor,” which includes any staff member who could “responsibly direct (employees), including as to performance and medical decisions, address concerns or exert influence over such actions in the interest of the NWSL or a team.”

Jimenez is the second NWSL team staff member to be publicly dismissed for violations of the policy in 2024. Last month, the NWSL announced that Houston Dash goalkeeping coach Matt Lampson had been fired by the club following an investigation concerning NWSL policy violations. The league found that Lampson violated the non-fraternization policy and the code of conduct in place for NWSL coaches, and additionally suspended him through the remainder of the 2024 season.
« Last post by ChiComCat on Today at 10:29:26 AM »
It'll be a great showcase for the Avery Johnson Heisman campaign
« Last post by Trim on Today at 10:24:15 AM »
This thing is in summer.
What if the Irish can't differentiate between classy KSU fans and the absolute TRASH ISU fans that will be meandering around the Emerald Isle?

Like I couldn't pick out one EPL fan out of a group of EPL fans because to my American eye they would all just kind of be the same.

Watch ISU wear black for the game to make things worse!
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Last post by michigancat on Today at 09:48:13 AM »
I heard nothing but incredible things about U2 at the Sphere. Seems like Phish wouldn't be as...scripted/coordinated as U2 but I saw a few videos and it still looked pretty great.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Last post by ChiComCat on Today at 09:43:38 AM »
Just got back from Phish in The Sphere. 10/10. Would recommend.

Drew Carey talks about the show on After Midnight the other day.  It's pretty great.
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Last post by Dugout DickStone on Today at 09:35:27 AM »
Yeah, he's been dead for some time now. I think the news here is that his wife has travelled to Russia and expects Putin to help her out.

talk about a bad plan.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10