Author Topic: Craigslist scammers  (Read 578 times)

The Big Train

Craigslist scammers
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
So I was recently trying to sell some things that I don't need anymore on craigslist. I had a certain item on there for a while and I just wasn't going to let it go for less than I wanted. Well on Tuesday I finally got someone interested and they said they would buy it. They asked for my paypal email and pick up address for their "pick up agent" which I didn't provide because I figured it was a scam. So this morning I get emails saying the payment was made to PayPal and I got some emails from them, also from a shipping company that doesn't exist, their email wasn't updated since 1999. So I was disappointed that it was a scam and I not very nicely told them to go eff themselves. Why do people have to try these things for a lousy $400?

Have you guys ever been scammed or figured it out before you got scammed?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Craigslist scammers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 10:13:48 AM »
I had a dream about craigslist last night  :sdeek:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:16:43 AM »
I would enjoy rough ridin' with these people.

The Big Train

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
Yeah like they said they sent the extra $400 for shipping through paypal, yet I had to send $400 via western union to the shipping company first, then PayPal would give me my money. Wut

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:32:32 AM »
Last time I bought a phone off of CL it was from a girl who really wasn't very bright.  She told me that before I emailed her she had almost mailed her phone to Nigeria but that the post office stopped her and talked her out of it.

Offline Stat_Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 10:34:43 AM »
I work in retail, my stores get calls all the time from scammers telling them the credit card machines are not reporting properly and we need to load some pre paid cards for them.  The scammers know what they're doing, they'll know my name, my bosses name, our CFO's name, people that work in the stores names...  I enjoy being in the stores when this happens so I can take out all my frustration on them, they always hang up but it's nice to vent...

We also have customers come in to buy thousands of dollars worth of pre paid visa cards and then mail them to these people, its usually elderly people, that have been contacted telling them they have won millions of dollars a new car and vacation, but have to pay the handling fee and this is the best way to do it.  We had one lady do this to the tune of $5,000 before we refused to sell her anymore for her own good...

The things these scammers come up with makes me sick!