Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 622418 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #6050 on: November 14, 2018, 01:36:05 PM »
Just started chapter 4
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: November 14, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »
Just started chapter 4

same. I haven't even ventured into the upper right of the map yet. Might do that now

While the mountain landscape is freaking sweet...i love me some open country. Tired of the swampy south too
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: November 14, 2018, 03:27:14 PM »
Just started chapter 4

same. I haven't even ventured into the upper right of the map yet. Might do that now

While the mountain landscape is freaking sweet...i love me some open country. Tired of the swampy south too

Great train robbing up north... long runs without going through town
:adios:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: November 14, 2018, 03:51:11 PM »
I'm only on chapter 2.

Also, my almost 4 year old son loves watching me play.  He always wants me to hunt or go fishing.  He fully understands what a pelt is now.

Sad story:  I came across a robbery and a shooting happened that somehow killed my horse.  One-shot kill.   :cry:  I was in shock and it made my 4 year old pretty bummed.   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: November 14, 2018, 04:02:30 PM »
Sad story:  I came across a robbery and a shooting happened that somehow killed my horse.  One-shot kill.   :cry:  I was in shock and it made my 4 year old pretty bummed.   
Yeah - my horse is really the only thing I care about in the game.

I got mixed up in some rough business in St. Denis yesterday where I accidentally grabbed a guy - I hoenstly didn't mean to - and got a small bounty for assault.  During my escape, the cops went APE and started shooting at me (it was like a $10 bounty!).  Anyway, they brought down my warhorse, Doug, who I've been with since pretty early Ch. 2. 

So there I am, Doug is DOWN.  MY health is low.  Cops are on my ass.  I'm thinking that if I get killed before I revive Doug, Doug's a goner.  So I had to act quickly and perform a little revive on the steed, and told him to go on get, as I took off on foot (and eventually escaped by hiding amongst some corn fields outside of town).

I would have been devastated if I lost that big dumb horse.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: November 14, 2018, 04:11:06 PM »
Doug is a good horse name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: November 14, 2018, 04:17:23 PM »
I lost my longtime chapter 2/3 horse when I got gang ambushed driving a carriage to the fence. They shot both of the carriage horses, stopping it on the train tracks. Eventually a train came through during the firefight and plowed through the carriage and my horse, Sookiebear, died sometime during all that. No revival. I was crushed.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: November 14, 2018, 04:22:52 PM »
I know an irl cowboy who road a mule instead of a horse. a god damned mule. damndest thing you've ever seen. claimed that mule was as good or better than any horse. and you know what? I can't say it wasn't. also he was a tiny little guy (like 5'6") so maybe that made the mule a better fit for him.

this has been a real life cow farm story from steve dave who still doesn't own any video games.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: November 14, 2018, 06:15:39 PM »
How have you guys been playing?  I think I'm only 23% complete with the story, but I've explored the entire map and spent quite a bit of time in most places.  I think I've gone into every side cabin off of rural roads.  The one with a bear in it was a fun surprise, the meteor one was just strange.

I am the same way. Hardly any story and loads of rough ridin' around.  I do the challenges.  I stumbled upon a witches cabin thing, and drank the mysterious brew and ended up passing out and waking up later about 100 yards away.  No other cool witch effects tho.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: November 14, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »
Not a gamer, but I feel a lot of FOMO about this vidja game. What console should I buy to experience it?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: November 14, 2018, 11:07:03 PM »
Too late. Xbone X ordered.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Video games master thread
« Reply #6061 on: November 14, 2018, 11:08:07 PM »
(With bonus Sonos soundbar à la @stevedave )

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: November 14, 2018, 11:11:37 PM »
The x's will be $100 off pretty much everywhere next week, if that's important to you.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: November 14, 2018, 11:16:29 PM »
The x's will be $100 off pretty much everywhere next week, if that's important to you.

I paid extra for 1-day shipping, if that answers your question.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: November 15, 2018, 08:06:04 AM »

I paid extra for 1-day shipping, if that answers your question.
Jfc stay in school kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: November 15, 2018, 08:10:17 AM »
(With bonus Sonos soundbar à la @stevedave )

nice

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: November 15, 2018, 08:26:03 AM »
I accidentally *aimed* at the Mexican guy who had the sharpshooter challenges, mid challenge. He of course started shooting so i had to end him - surely the challenges aren't gone forever right?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: November 15, 2018, 08:40:55 AM »
I accidentally *aimed* at the Mexican guy who had the sharpshooter challenges, mid challenge. He of course started shooting so i had to end him - surely the challenges aren't gone forever right?
I think if you "kill" most important NPCs, they'll come back later with a huge wound.  Like, I know that's how the trapper works for people that accidentally (?) kill him.  You spend the rest of the game seeing a giant hole in his chest whenever you need him to craft something.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: November 15, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
I think if you "kill" most important NPCs, they'll come back later with a huge wound.  Like, I know that's how the trapper works for people that accidentally (?) kill him.  You spend the rest of the game seeing a giant hole in his chest whenever you need him to craft something.
Last night it wouldn’t let me shoot that dirty slaver Compson after the mission, so I blew his ass up with some Dyne-O-Mite
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: November 15, 2018, 08:51:07 AM »
Last night it wouldn’t let me shoot that dirty slaver Compson after the mission, so I blew his ass up with some Dyne-O-Mite
I hogtied him and left him on some train tracks near his camp.  Bye bye!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: November 15, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »

I accidentally killed him as well.  Some other random dude wanted to have a shooting competition off a dock in the swamp later in the game.  I haven't seen the Mexican dude again, though. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: November 15, 2018, 05:17:21 PM »
I keep dying and getting robbed $20-$60. Should I be carrying so much cash? Should you really invest in the camp?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: November 15, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
I hogtied him and left him on some train tracks near his camp.  Bye bye!

I killed a house cat in front of Shamus and he ran to the authorities so I had to kill him. Saw him the next day at the fence and he didn't have a huge wound.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: November 18, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »
I have killed 4 cougar with my bow...only need 1 more for the sharpshooter challenge.  TIP:  Make sure you get to the cougar challenge before you do the debt collection mission north of Strawberry.  You will go on a hunt for a cougar in that mission, and it counts as a bow kill if you use your bow. 

This has been the hardest challenge for me thus far.  I am also struggling with he challenge to disarm 3 guys without reloading. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: November 18, 2018, 04:07:02 PM »
GOT MY FIFTH COUGAR WITH A BOW!   What a day!