Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145511 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19700 on: November 06, 2018, 08:16:28 PM »
Should be soon. I think they're still paying though.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: November 07, 2018, 09:30:37 AM »
I want a "We left to find the best and we came back with Les Miles" announcement.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: November 07, 2018, 10:09:06 AM »
Got into a discussion today on Facebook with a KU fan that was touting that Les Miles would love to come to KU with their top 25 facilities.....

when questioned on that last statement, came up with this:
https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/ContentGallery/Ranking-the-Top-25-facilities-in-college-football-for-2018-112072412/?fbclid=IwAR1uYMNR86Vm0Hq9G5nFXngHp683JVwtSf-0ng1kdohQQa0ipMP-2h1GPXg#112072412_1

I couldn't find any other top 25 facilities lists to retort with...

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: November 07, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »
Will be very fun when Les Miles comes in and talks about his ring and we can compare quotes to Weis.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: November 07, 2018, 11:00:05 AM »
The only downside to Miles is they may actually fundraise enough off his name to do something with the stadium.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: November 07, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
Got into a discussion today on Facebook with a KU fan that was touting that Les Miles would love to come to KU with their top 25 facilities.....

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/ContentGallery/Ranking-the-Top-25-facilities-in-college-football-for-2018-112072412/?fbclid=IwAR1uYMNR86Vm0Hq9G5nFXngHp683JVwtSf-0ng1kdohQQa0ipMP-2h1GPXg#112072412_1

I'd be pretty surprised if their facilities are legitimately between the top 1/3 and top 1/2 of power conference teams.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: November 07, 2018, 11:03:51 AM »
If I were a KU fan, I'd still be pretty ticked off that LSU got into the championship game with 2 losses over my 1 loss Hawks. That would be an interesting dynamic.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: November 07, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »

I have no idea what that writer was paid by KU to throw them on that list, but that is blatantly a case of "one of these things is not like the other." While some in the bottom half of that list may or may not be above the first group that didn't make the cut, the off kilter cinder block schoolhouse that is the Anderson Football Complex doesn't belong anywhere in that conversation. Their indoor facility isn't even complete yet, and they're the only school left in the conference without one right now.

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: November 07, 2018, 01:50:35 PM »
can ku afford les miles? i think they owe beatty and zenger about $6M
their best bet is already on their sideline and has a low price tag.  clint bowen. #bringbackbowen
Pretty sure they've already paid off both Weis and then Zenger.  They still owe $3 Million to Beaty to be paid in 6 installments.
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: November 07, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »
If I were a KU fan, I'd still be pretty ticked off that LSU got into the championship game with 2 losses over my 1 loss Hawks. That would be an interesting dynamic.
Wasn't that also season where a day or 2 later West Virginia crapped their pants AT HOME vs Pitt?  Thus, LSU got to take their spot in MNC game vs tOSU.
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19710 on: November 07, 2018, 02:07:15 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen any job vacancy where the skill gap between the first and second option is as great as it has to be between Les Miles and whoever KU's second option is. Just look at who they found the last time they had an opening.

I think that was part of a plan.  They wanted a cheap coach while they paid off past failures.  If they caught lightning in a bottle, great, but I don't think they actually expected an A&M WR coach to be the answer.

You're saying they either wanted, or didn't care, if they went 6-39 (currently) over the next four years??? If that's true, then they absolutely deserve to be Weised again by Miles...whom I still don't think would take the job but... money talks.

Of course they would prefer to win and hoped to be more than 6-39, but they were more focused on limiting their losses with Beatty.  To pay a halfway legit coach to go there would've cost a small fortune and they were already deep in the hole with the last two.  Beatty left the program better than when he found it.  If not a better product on the field, he at least let them clean up their books some.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: November 07, 2018, 02:38:55 PM »
Rumblings about some guy named Dan Enos?  I guess he's Alabama's QB coach.

Would make for an excellent hire, imo.  Go for it Jeff!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: November 08, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
They're 100% convinced it's Miles, he's going to keep the good Louisiana recruiter dude and they're going to recruit better than LSU. With the new excitement, donations and blank checks will be in shortly after the announcement and they will be able to start stadium renovations asap.

God, coaching searches are so much fun and lead to amazingly dreamy thoughts.

I'm jelly.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19713 on: November 08, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »
They'll be the only AD in the country with national championship coaching staffs in both basketball and football.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: November 08, 2018, 02:04:23 PM »
But their AD is currently in Dallas and there's this:

We have a backup deal in place with LittreLL, and Miles is on the clock to take our offer. If he doesn't sign in the next hour, then we sign the LittreLL contract and bring him to Lawrence. If Miles agrees, we head to BR, pick him up and bring him to LFK.

THIS IS ALL SO EXCITING FOR THEM

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: November 08, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »
lol @ ku having a backup option

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: November 08, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
But their AD is currently in Dallas and there's this:

We have a backup deal in place with LittreLL, and Miles is on the clock to take our offer. If he doesn't sign in the next hour, then we sign the LittreLL contract and bring him to Lawrence. If Miles agrees, we head to BR, pick him up and bring him to LFK.

THIS IS ALL SO EXCITING FOR THEM

Maybe everyone is floating the LittreLL rumors so that KU will "steal" him from us, and then we bring in Venables.   sneaky.

I knew it!  Hello Venables....

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: November 08, 2018, 02:31:27 PM »
lol @ ku having a backup option

Did you not read that? KU will sign whoever they choose, it's not the other way around.

My guess is they wait until the day after UM/tOSU. If Michigan loses and doesn't make the champ game, they'll sign Harbaugh. If UM wins, they'll move on to signing whoever their #2 is.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: November 08, 2018, 03:19:38 PM »
Has it been an hour yet?  :ohno:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: November 08, 2018, 03:46:06 PM »
Has it been an hour yet?  :ohno:

Sounds like it's going to be Less.

We'll get the Mad hatter in Manhattan in two years.. hell, maybe in two days!

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: November 08, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
lol @ ku having a backup option any good options.

fyp

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: November 10, 2018, 06:20:29 PM »
If I was the KU AD, I'd throw everything I could at Leach. If he truly wants out of WSU, he'd listen. Offer him a million dollar raise and complete control of everything, alter the stadium renos to have a pirate ship in the open area thing like Tampa has, uniform options.. everything

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: November 10, 2018, 06:26:51 PM »
If I was the KU AD, I'd throw everything I could at Leach. If he truly wants out of WSU, he'd listen. Offer him a million dollar raise and complete control of everything, alter the stadium renos to have a pirate ship in the open area thing like Tampa has, uniform options.. everything

They literally could not afford to pay him 4.5 million a year.  It would break them.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best