Author Topic: Breaking up the United States  (Read 40304 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking up the United States
« Reply #550 on: February 27, 2023, 07:44:53 AM »
I mean clearly both countries would keep the dollar and have robust trade and open border agreements. I don't think life would honestly be that different for most people economically unless they work in the federal government.

The social laws in the confederacy would be bad, but they are also pretty awful now already!
How could they both keep the dollar?  They couldn’t issue new money without impacting the other. I see no way they could keep the same currency.  I give them zero chance of being amicable on monetary policy, spending and taxation.

There are 11 other countries on 4 continents that use the USD. If we could make it work with Somalia, I'm sure we can work something out with the slave states.

But the question is who controls monetary policy? Who mints currency? Belize, Somalia, etc. are totally reliant on our stewardship of the dollar. You think the New Confederacy would be cool with that?

They're are currently no mint locations in slave states.

There is a Bureau of Engraving and Printing location in Ft. Worth, TX.
Very fitting that the South is home to the HQ of participation trophies

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 27, 2023, 08:30:57 AM »
I haven’t followed this thread that closely but I am confident in the USA’s ability to successfully crush another rebellion if it becomes necessary.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 27, 2023, 08:44:01 AM »
I haven’t followed this thread that closely but I am confident in the USA’s ability to successfully crush another rebellion if it becomes necessary.
Maybe we need a separate rebellion thread, but I agree with you. Tho, we were too soft of them last time. All politicians and officers from the rebellion should have been hanged.  I hope we learn from that.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 27, 2023, 09:28:46 AM »
Maybe we need a separate rebellion thread, but I agree with you. Tho, we were too soft of them last time. All politicians and officers from the rebellion should have been hanged.  I hope we learn from that.
Pete you were the one who started this thread advocating for the idea!  Now it's treason worthy of a noose!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 27, 2023, 10:42:14 AM »
Pete you were the one who started this thread advocating for the idea!  Now it's treason worthy of a noose!

Whoa, divorce vs bloody rebellion, bro.  Like MTG I just wanted my space, but after I thought about the implications, I now favor marriage counseling

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2023, 10:43:55 AM »
Fort Sumpter was not a therapists office.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2023, 10:54:02 AM »
if MAGAs really want to do this, i think they can achieve it pretty easily:
Step 0: As we all know, tazing-your-own-crank level ineptitude is foundational to MAGA
Step 1: identify where they want the border to be
Step 2: start building a wall along that border
Step 3: when/if confronted why they are building a wall, just take a copy of the border wall plans they have for texas and hold them upside down and be like "aw dag nabbit did we do this wrong?"

Step 4: Steps 1-3 are really kind of irrelevant b/c in order to do this they would have to raise money and inevitably some MAGA grifter will take up the task of fundraising to building the confederate border wall and then just pocket all the money while laughing their asses off from some tropical island

Step 5: anyone wanna go in w/ me on starting a non-profit fundraiser to build the confederate wall? Might need something a little more catchy. The State's Rights Wall? the Stem the Tide of Northern Aggression Wall? the SToNA Wall?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 27, 2023, 11:09:39 AM »

Whoa, divorce vs bloody rebellion, bro.  Like MTG I just wanted my space, but after I thought about the implications, I now favor marriage counseling
Fair enough, I misread.  I don't think anyone wants a bloody rebellion.  You and MTG just wanted to go your own ways.  Irreconcilable differences.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 31, 2023, 08:23:14 PM »

Is this how Civil War 2 is born?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 31, 2023, 08:33:15 PM »
Honestly MAGA desantis, et al are really low energy right now so I doubt it he’s busy getting the living crap kicked out of himself by Disney lawyers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 01, 2023, 02:45:44 AM »

Is this how Civil War 2 is born?

Trump is turning himself in because he can't avoid going to New York and turning himself in is a hell of a lot better than being dragged out of trump towers in cuffs.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 28, 2023, 05:09:00 PM »
Good a place as any.

3/4 of the Cracker Belt Quadrangle affirms their ongoing net population egress status.   #blueanon strongholds taking hits, with one, possibly two losing higher income taxpayers at rates that are arguably not sustainable given their relative debt burden.   Would probably need to cross check against age numbers.

https://wirepoints.org/new-irs-migration-data-new-york-california-illinois-are-the-nations-big-losers-of-people-and-their-wealth-florida-texas-the-big-winners-a-wirepoints-50-state-survey/

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 04, 2023, 11:10:41 PM »

(sorry, new russia & 1/4 cool kids)

It's 2026 and the MAGTIFA collaboration has overturned the Status Quo that has existed since 2015. Former Legendary BBS poster SD has made it safely to the promised land of BEARS after a dangerous and body slamming trip through Nebraska and has lived there peacefully for 10 years.... but now that the Brownbackistan rebels have joined forces with ANTIFA he must leave the mountains of Colorado and undertake another dangerous journey back across Brownbackistan to his only hope....A Lakes Antonio territory once known as Minnesota and an old friend named pete who claims to have a pontoon boat fast enough to ferry them all up to Canada before MAGTIFA knows whats going on.

Will he make it safely across the plains or will he get captured and have to surrender all of his CC points to the MAGTIFA rebels?!?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 04, 2023, 11:18:14 PM »
Dork gonna dork

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 05, 2023, 07:25:39 AM »

It's 2026 and the MAGTIFA collaboration has overturned the Status Quo that has existed since 2015. Former Legendary BBS poster SD has made it safely to the promised land of BEARS after a dangerous and body slamming trip through Nebraska and has lived there peacefully for 10 years.... but now that the Brownbackistan rebels have joined forces with ANTIFA he must leave the mountains of Colorado and undertake another dangerous journey back across Brownbackistan to his only hope....A Lakes Antonio territory once known as Minnesota and an old friend named pete who claims to have a pontoon boat fast enough to ferry them all up to Canada before MAGTIFA knows whats going on.

Will he make it safely across the plains or will he get captured and have to surrender all of his CC points to the MAGTIFA rebels?!?

Lol nice

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 06, 2023, 12:54:49 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 06, 2023, 06:47:59 AM »

Lol nice

A LOT of people of have said that I am the Harriet Tubman of gE. A milder John Brown, even. Pete Tan.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 06, 2023, 07:15:46 AM »
Maybe this sucker gets kicked off when Trump is imprisoned in Georgia on state charges (8 electors have accepted immunity so apparently something is brewing)....then gets elected president of the United States and the military has to decide whether to follow his orders (or his VP's orders) and bust him out. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM »
Maybe this sucker gets kicked off when Trump is imprisoned in Georgia on state charges (8 electors have accepted immunity so apparently something is brewing)....then gets elected president of the United States and the military has to decide whether to follow his orders (or his VP's orders) and bust him out.

maga hates the military and men and women in uniform in particular so I wouldn't expect that. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 07, 2023, 01:29:11 PM »

maga hates the military and men and women in uniform in particular so I wouldn't expect that.

This particular topic is interesting. I mean, no doubt that maga political leaders hate the crap out of them, but the maga voters have spent the last generation masturbating to the flag, the thin blue line flag, cammo, and stealth bomber flyovers. it will be the most amazing trick the maga leadership has pulled to date if they get the maga voters to 180 on that.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 30, 2024, 12:20:43 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 30, 2024, 01:08:51 PM »

This particular topic is interesting. I mean, no doubt that maga political leaders hate the crap out of them, but the maga voters have spent the last generation masturbating to the flag, the thin blue line flag, cammo, and stealth bomber flyovers. it will be the most amazing trick the maga leadership has pulled to date if they get the maga voters to 180 on that.

Claim the military is woke.  Boom

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 30, 2024, 01:38:11 PM »
#blueanonneocon/#neocongE hates the every living eff out of the fact that they're not going to be able to roll out another dumbass war and get others to go fight it for them.  :thumbsup: