DrJamesANaismith
All Star
Rating: 3.6/5 this site
22074 posts this site
Re: The ultimate Claws thread
11/02/2015
(8 votes)

midhawk wrote:

Claws is going to be a very nice player.  He's a good athlete with high BBIQ and much better offensive skills than most 6'9" freshmen.  Is he as good as a couple of delusional KSU homers think?  No he isn't, but he'll have KU fans wondering why KU didn't recruit him within a couple of years.

Remember Willie Cauley?  Well, Wade is a completely different type of player, but the situation visa v KU fans is going to be similar. 

Just saying, this topic might not be the best one to make a deal about.

You're precious Mid. There's scads of players that are going to be "very nice players" when they're older. The hype for this kid by the taters and his helicopter dad is off the rails. For every Willie Cauley you want to roll out, there's a Will "how did Self let this kid get away" Spradling.
:love:

except he's already really good

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Claws
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
Yeah, the guy looks crazy smooth and able for a frosh who has only 4 games in to his college career.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2015, 09:53:58 AM »
I wonder if "helicopter dad" = my son will be a squawk over my dead body

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »
I'm nervous for Claws to play in Allen Fieldhouse. Psychopaths like Dr. J are out to get this guy, since he mushed away KU in their fat faces. They might do some crazy unheard of things to him there.  :frown:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
puffdad wrote: Running the motion offense doesn't do anything for showcasing ball handling skills or even creating your own shot. That will happen I believe as more sets are run, but if they are running a screening read and react offense like motion Dean is going to run the offense just as the coach wants it run. That could be one of his shortcomings from a fans point of view. He is going to do what he's told and play for the team. But the average Joe blow fan thinks why didn't he show off what he can do by himself? It's not going to happen. He's playing to win and not to pad his stats.

puffdad wrote: 6'10 guys that have ups, can shoot the rock, have a good handle, are ball smart, and can run like a deer will be there unless something unforeseen like a bad injury messes things up.

Dean's dad is a joy to read read on scout.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
puffdad wrote: Running the motion offense doesn't do anything for showcasing ball handling skills or even creating your own shot. That will happen I believe as more sets are run, but if they are running a screening read and react offense like motion Dean is going to run the offense just as the coach wants it run. That could be one of his shortcomings from a fans point of view. He is going to do what he's told and play for the team. But the average Joe blow fan thinks why didn't he show off what he can do by himself? It's not going to happen. He's playing to win and not to pad his stats.

puffdad wrote: 6'10 guys that have ups, can shoot the rock, have a good handle, are ball smart, and can run like a deer will be there unless something unforeseen like a bad injury messes things up.

I don't think it is his dad, but one hell of a sock.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2015, 12:54:41 PM »

I don't think it is his dad, but one hell of a sock.
Do you think pulitzerdave created this sock? or learnin? I'm embarrassed to admit that I never considered this possibility.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
I'm nervous for Claws to play in Allen Fieldhouse. Psychopaths like Dr. J are out to get this guy, since he mushed away KU in their fat faces. They might do some crazy unheard of things to him there.  :frown:

Like what ? Chicken wing him ? I'm sure the blueblood fans would say its unintentional. Kind of like a Starship BJ.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »
Rip gut.ripping Claws.  Man what will he be like when he gets his best.  People you best go.see this kid.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
I called this HR!

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2015, 09:59:39 PM »
Nice call, wacky!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »
The nicknames are cool, but this thread needs to be changed to "What if Claws is a badass?"

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2015, 12:30:04 AM »
Seriously tho...and all due respect to reno, but Dean needs a better nickname.

Sent from my NS-14T004 using Tapatalk

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2015, 12:33:11 AM »
Seriously tho...and all due respect to reno, but Dean needs a better nickname.

Sent from my NS-14T004 using Tapatalk

:thumbs:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »
Named B12 newcomer of the week.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »
Named B12 newcomer of the week.
Surely not for the week of double-cheeseburger Carl Jr's debut.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2016, 09:33:17 PM »
Welcome back Claws.  Bullnuts has your back, and about 4 others can carry the scoring load.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2016, 05:38:03 AM »
Is Oscar and company ruining Claws?  Will he transfer?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2016, 04:22:20 PM »
Is Oscar and company ruining Claws?  Will he transfer?

My question for all the experts on this board is how do you score when you never touch the ball? There's not enough balls on the floor for this team and that is on the coaches.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
Dean's ONLY job where it is designed for him to touch the ball is to reverse the ball to the other side of the floor. He never gets a screen for him. He sets screens and picks and rolls or picks and pops. You can watch the game film and if you count touches where it's not designed to only reverse the ball and you can count the touches on one hand for a game. I'm used to coaching teams that like to share the ball and if they don't they come over and sit by me. Pretty simple.

The only way to score on this team is to create your own shot. It's the biggest ego who is going to shoot it. Might as well steal it from your own teammate and take it to the hole.

There were numerous times where Dean would post up and the guard would look at him and pass away or he would screen and pop out only to be ignored. I would even comment about it to the wife and then she would watch and pick up on it. It's like his team mates are ignoring him?

The 5 big egos on KU's team are pretty well defined and if you stray from the plan you can grab a seat on the bench. If you don't pass the ball on that team you might as well start trudging to the bench.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »
We had a fun little name for this last year and I can't remember exactly what it was.  Something about black to white to black I think.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best