Author Topic: Noah smith, liar or dumbass?  (Read 371 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Noah smith, liar or dumbass?
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2024, 07:02:45 PM »
Republicans HATE this one simple trick ...

Steve Dave deleted his post, rendering mine inscrutable.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2024, 07:04:33 PM »

IT WAS 5 YEAR OLD DATA AND I'M LOOKING FOR MORE RECENT!  :frown:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2024, 07:05:55 PM »

IT WAS 5 YEAR OLD DATA AND I'M LOOKING FOR MORE RECENT!  :frown:

I am watching and will quote it next time. Also, like, share, subscribe, screenshot, etc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2024, 07:06:46 PM »
I put it back

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2024, 07:08:21 PM »
 :D

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2024, 09:17:44 PM »
Don't millennials/genZers pretty much have to have more education? Not sure if it's just hyperbole but I keep hearing more and more stories of positions requiring a 4 yr degree when the job description quite frankly doesn't even require a full high school education.
One primary source anecdote: Mrs BAC (works for Satan in O&G) mentioned that they have job openings for admins. She also noted that all of the current admins... Most of which have been working there between 15-20 years, are not qualified for the new hire admin positions they are looking to fill

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2024, 09:56:10 PM »
saying housing "costs" are not much higher than a generation ago is ignoring the fact that housing is also an asset that is much more valuable than a generation ago.

wut?  genuinely no idea what you are saying here.

not sure why you twisted into children either.  i didn't read it, but afaik, the economist article was not an attempt at understanding declining birth rates.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2024, 09:56:50 PM »
Don't millennials/genZers pretty much have to have more education? Not sure if it's just hyperbole but I keep hearing more and more stories of positions requiring a 4 yr degree when the job description quite frankly doesn't even require a full high school education.
One primary source anecdote: Mrs BAC (works for Satan in O&G) mentioned that they have job openings for admins. She also noted that all of the current admins... Most of which have been working there between 15-20 years, are not qualified for the new hire admin positions they are looking to fill

Probably some hyperbole, but younger millennials gen z and their parents have probably been hoodwinked a bit in this regard. There are a lot of god jobs out there that don’t require university or advanced degrees, but most of the managerial/hr/etc. type jobs do. Couple that with the high price of college nowadays and in recent times and the number of people getting worthless degrees or degrees for low-paying sectors and there you have it.

There are tons of good jobs in tech, manufacturing and the trades that don’t require advanced degrees.

Imo the trades are only going to become more valuable and less and less people will be able to do even the most menial of tasks in the future.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.