Author Topic: Vandy. It is time for big revenge. I'll take our chances!  (Read 12979 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Vandy. It is time for big revenge. I'll take our chances!
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2017, 11:50:13 AM »
I was actually gonna hit everyone up for a hoopspak soon, but with the ulterior motive of getting everyone together to try and lock down a plan to go to Portland and see Beasley when the Knicks are there.

:peek:

The knicks game is on a tuesday night, 3/6.  Trying to figure out if it'd be worth making a long trip out of it and getting down there to root against okc on Saturday 3/3.

Gotcha...looking for opportunities to use up some of these Alaska points I've stockpiled.

If you came up that weekend, I'd punt on the okc game as it'd be lame to be stuck in portland for 3-4 extra days on your trip here, but we'd def get down there for Beas.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »
The dboarding issues are absolutely a matter of effort. The bigs were simply moved off their spot and out hustled. That can and should be cured. It's the only thing keeping us from being very good.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »
Renocat is exactly what Bruceketball deserves. I can't wait until the day that we all band together and run that sock out of here once and for all, not just because it's annoying af (it definitely is), but because our basketball team is bomb again and we deserve better. That will be a great day.

I jumped on board long ago but this team is really good. I love how the guards play together. Xavier's offensive improvement is pretty impressive. We have scored 90 and 84 against power six teams. Yeah, the bigs are problematic but the team is fun, it's an extremely watchable brand of basketball, probably our best offense since Denis left.

Hot take: this team is not better than last year, because oscar's teams always have a fatal flaw, and this year it's that we can't rebound or defend because our bigs are hot garbage. If I'm wrong and you're right, I'll come own it like a man.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2017, 12:32:56 PM »
Both Mawien and Sallah have pretty terrible hands and I am very encouraged that oscar elected to go with Stockard down the stretch in close game - he at least seems to be able to control the rebounds he gets too and seems so much more confident on offense. 

For this team to be better we need Sneed to become start cleaning up the defensive glass like Wes did, maybe sit either Brown or Stokes so Wainwright can defend the the opponents top wing and let Sneed free rebound.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »

Hot take: this team is not better than last year, because oscar's teams always have a fatal flaw, and this year it's that we can't rebound or defend because our bigs are hot garbage. If I'm wrong and you're right, I'll come own it like a man.

Our guards look good.  They handle, pass, and shoot well and they get the ball up the floor.  Of course, it's rare for a team to be successful over an entire season when so heavily reliant upon jump shooting.   

The fatal problems with this team are non-existent front court, lack of a true PG, and oscar.  It was great to see them win a close game at the end of regulation instead of shitting their pants.  could almost consider it progress.  but then recall they blew a 15 point advantage in the 2nd half.  oscar's teams are all mentally weak and prone to excruciating stretches of non-productivity.  I predict these issues will continue to plague this team as they begin playing real competition.     

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2017, 01:01:38 PM »
Don't like a thread stay out of it.   Ain't no body else willing to say anything about our team other than that they don't.  Go cry on your mamma's boobs.

I want to clarify that i am not complaining about your posts...you can post whatever you want.  The issue i had was that the "board" would auto-change the actual players name to some nickname....that's what drove me away from the bball boards because i couldn't follow any of the posts.  Certainly not your posts....i appreciate your zeal just can't really understand much of what you are saying.

It seems like that "feature" is gone now as i can see the actual players names now.  I'm back reading at least.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2017, 01:08:14 PM »
Don't like a thread stay out of it.   Ain't no body else willing to say anything about our team other than that they don't.  Go cry on your mamma's boobs.

I want to clarify that i am not complaining about your posts...you can post whatever you want.  The issue i had was that the "board" would auto-change the actual players name to some nickname....that's what drove me away from the bball boards because i couldn't follow any of the posts.  Certainly not your posts....i appreciate your zeal just can't really understand much of what you are saying.

It seems like that "feature" is gone now as i can see the actual players names now.  I'm back reading at least.

It only auto-changes words if you have the filter turned on in your settings, fwiw.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »
Tapatalk always gets hit with the filter.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »
Why do you think that, 'Clams?
i’ve watched every one of our games this season and know basketball
we’ve beat no one with a pulse and lost the game to the one good team we did play
yesterday’s game could have gone either way and that is more indicative of the quality of this team than the fact that they edged out a win

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2017, 04:31:13 PM »
as long as jumpshots are 3's it'll be fine. midrange shots are always going to be a waste though. works for the warriors and rockets. i like that oscar is sort of changing with the times, but if a few more of those midrange shots are taken out, it'll make a big difference.

say 10 midrange shots are changed to 3 pointers. midrange shots are made at 40%, while 3 pointers are made at 35%. 10 midrange shots would expect to be 8 points, 10 3 pointers would expect to be 10.5 points. we'd have 2.5 extra points per game just from that.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2017, 11:48:29 PM »

Our guards look good.  They handle, pass, and shoot well and they get the ball up the floor.  Of course, it's rare for a team to be successful over an entire season when so heavily reliant upon jump shooting.   

The fatal problems with this team are non-existent front court, lack of a true PG, and oscar.  It was great to see them win a close game at the end of regulation instead of shitting their pants.  could almost consider it progress.  but then recall they blew a 15 point advantage in the 2nd half.  oscar's teams are all mentally weak and prone to excruciating stretches of non-productivity.  I predict these issues will continue to plague this team as they begin playing real competition.   

A lot of these though they are in general improved from years past. I get the bigs not being great but they are athletic and I think over time they will continue to improve. I'm not as worried about not having a super pure point guard given how the offense actually flows a lot better than I can remember in a while and oscar's offense doesn't require as much on like one guy to run it.

I am generally impressed with how the guards play, and they attack the rim a lot of times with gusto, I just wish our bigs could be as strong. And yes, defensive rebounding much improve.

One thing though I feel that was lost in this Vandy game was the balance all around, lots of guys scored, this bodes well down the road and hopefully means we won't be as prone to big offense stall outs we've seen in years past.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2017, 01:23:20 AM »
We had to shoot our balls off to nip Vandy who sucks.  4-6 win big12 team imo
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2017, 03:04:00 AM »
The shitty thing about rebounding is it's just "want to". Hustle and box out, just get the rough ridin' rebound

This isn't true at all, I hate when people say it. There is technique to rebounding, like everything else effort certainly helps but you have to know how to rebound, our bigs don't.
In our case, guys don't box out a lot of the time. It isn't hard. Just go box out at least. Against ASU our guys just stood there and let the other team get boards it seemed like.

Boxing out isn't important; being in proper position, eating space on a horizontal plane, anticipating where the ball is going, and having good hands are essential to being a good rebounder.  You can also use your guards to pinch in, not crash to help the bigs but I don't think we do that. The guards are actually the players who box out but not in the traditional sense like putting their butts on someone's front, but you can use guards to crowd the space of the bigs by trying to move them under, out of position.

The dboarding issues are absolutely a matter of effort. The bigs were simply moved off their spot and out hustled. That can and should be cured. It's the only thing keeping us from being very good.

Effort and technique aren't mutually exclusive, you can't be a good rebounder by just trying hard, you can certainly be a bad one if you don't want to fight for space. Most of these young dudes didn't need to rely on technique and effort to rebound in high school, size and athleticism were enough. I was undersized as a big, given the level I played. I had to learn how to properly rebound and defend our I would have never played

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:30 PM »
The shitty thing about rebounding is it's just "want to". Hustle and box out, just get the rough ridin' rebound

This isn't true at all, I hate when people say it. There is technique to rebounding, like everything else effort certainly helps but you have to know how to rebound, our bigs don't.
In our case, guys don't box out a lot of the time. It isn't hard. Just go box out at least. Against ASU our guys just stood there and let the other team get boards it seemed like.

Boxing out isn't important; being in proper position, eating space on a horizontal plane, anticipating where the ball is going, and having good hands are essential to being a good rebounder.  You can also use your guards to pinch in, not crash to help the bigs but I don't think we do that. The guards are actually the players who box out but not in the traditional sense like putting their butts on someone's front, but you can use guards to crowd the space of the bigs by trying to move them under, out of position.

Effort and technique aren't mutually exclusive, you can't be a good rebounder by just trying hard, you can certainly be a bad one if you don't want to fight for space. Most of these young dudes didn't need to rely on technique and effort to rebound in high school, size and athleticism were enough. I was undersized as a big, given the level I played. I had to learn how to properly rebound and defend our I would have never played
I literally can't take you serious if you think boxing out isn't important at all.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »
How is boxing out exclusive from "technique"

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
Why do you think that, 'Clams?
i’ve watched every one of our games this season and know basketball
we’ve beat no one with a pulse and lost the game to the one good team we did play
yesterday’s game could have gone either way and that is more indicative of the quality of life his team than the fact that they edged out a win

any more questions?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
Tapatalk always gets hit with the filter.
Fyi, this can be changed
:adios:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2018, 10:43:37 PM »
Renocat is exactly what Bruceketball deserves. I can't wait until the day that we all band together and run that sock out of here once and for all, not just because it's annoying af (it definitely is), but because our basketball team is bomb again and we deserve better. That will be a great day.

I jumped on board long ago but this team is really good. I love how the guards play together. Xavier's offensive improvement is pretty impressive. We have scored 90 and 84 against power six teams. Yeah, the bigs are problematic but the team is fun, it's an extremely watchable brand of basketball, probably our best offense since Denis left.

I was wrong and you were right. We're still super shitty at defense and rebounding, but this team is good in spite of that. Good call on this squad, MiR.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »
Yeah, good call MIR.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2018, 11:07:44 PM »
i don't know about the shitty at defense part, especially 1 through 4...freaking wade is out there swatting people now...

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2018, 11:30:10 PM »

I was wrong and you were right. We're still super shitty at defense and rebounding, but this team is good in spite of that. Good call on this squad, MiR.
Dear Mouse Droppings, are you going to castrate yourself.  Oscar is winning.  Maybe he will get an offer at a Big 10 school after the season.  Wishing for losing ain't in my blood.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
No, you still suck.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2018, 03:17:30 PM »
i don't know about the shitty at defense part, especially 1 through 4...freaking wade is out there swatting people now...
99th in AdjD per Kenpom is pretty bad
:adios:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »
99th in AdjD per Kenpom is pretty bad

Yeah, we can't defend. Being good enough at offense that it doesn't matter so much is really fun though.