Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3981967 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16350 on: October 12, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
Got to bump this up.   There could be someone out there that might want to start reading through all 654 pages.   Ha Ha Ha

Seriously, someone should just start the Cliffs Notes version of this thread.

Cliff notes:

Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M are all bitches who are afraid of Texas.  Mizzou is maybe that way also.  TCU likes money.  K-State owns the conference.  Olive Garden is good, Prince of Persia is decent. 

And despite the hilarious yet misguided best efforts of one goEMAW amateur architect/graphic artist, lowering Boise's field would actually not lead to worse sight lines.

You are wrong, my friend. It is a physical impossibility to lower the field and not have worse site lines. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! :shakesfist:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16351 on: October 12, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »
captain crap currently browsing :popcorn:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16352 on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »
Got to bump this up.   There could be someone out there that might want to start reading through all 654 pages.   Ha Ha Ha

Seriously, someone should just start the Cliffs Notes version of this thread.

Cliff notes:

Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M are all bitches who are afraid of Texas.  Mizzou is maybe that way also.  TCU likes money.  K-State owns the conference.  Olive Garden is good, Prince of Persia is decent.  

And despite the hilarious yet misguided best efforts of one goEMAW amateur architect/graphic artist, lowering Boise's field would actually not lead to worse sight lines.

You are wrong, my friend. It is a physical impossibility to lower the field and not have worse site lines. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! :shakesfist:

That graphic completely misrepresented the distance between the front row and Boise's field, thus making it invalid.   :sdeek:   :surprised:

was pretty fracking hilarious tho
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16353 on: October 12, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
More cliffs notes: captain crap graduated from to

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16354 on: October 12, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
True, he did.   :thumbs: And while I love the now Crap-signal, I must admit the old one flying across the screen made me LOL 4 realz.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16355 on: October 12, 2011, 12:13:50 PM »
Hey Stew. At what point does Missouri become the crazy-stalker girl who is sure you made eye contact with her and have always desired her? Is it time for the conferences to take out restraining orders? (But don't worry Mizzou, your old loser boyfriend will still take you back).
-- Johnny, Austin

This may come as a shock, but I didn't run into a great deal of crazy-stalker admirers during my bachelor days -- but yes, that's pretty much the perfect analogy.

Missouri is a fine school, one that's produced some very good journalists -- and Jon Hamm. Gary Pinkel has done a remarkable job with the football program, winning at least 10 games in three of the past four seasons. But Missouri fits the SEC about as well as Stephen Garcia would a dry county. The SEC is about 90,000 seat stadiums and rabid fan bases. A ranked Mizzou team had 13,000 empty seats at its opener. The SEC is about fourth-generation Alabama and Ole Miss alums in khakis and sun dresses. Mizzou is in the Midwest, where the folks like their hoodies. The SEC is about parking your RV at the other team's stadium five days before the game. Columbia is a 16-hour drive from Gainesville. And no disrespect to Pinkel, but those 10-win seasons came in part thanks to being a member of the now-defunct Big 12 North. In the SEC Missouri would likely join the West, with Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and LSU. Hello, Shreveport.

And yet, there are apparently a bunch of powerful people in the state of Missouri who think this is a wonderful idea. Or, as one anonymous school official told the AP: "That's what's left," now that it's abundantly clear the Big Ten isn't interested. That was a regrettable thing to say without being guaranteed the votes from the SEC. And while many at the school are surely loving the attention Missouri is getting right now from making the Big 12 wait indefinitely on a decision, the Big 12 won't prosper or suffer either way. Its future was ensured the day Texas and Oklahoma agreed to sign over their grants of rights.

I don't think we've reached restraining-order territory yet, but I wonder how many times Missouri has had to ask, "So you'll call me, right?"

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16356 on: October 12, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
i think someone without a social life/job (pike?) should go through and kind of index this bitch so we can look back and read the sections we enjoyed the most.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16357 on: October 12, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »
i think someone without a social life/job (pike?) should go through and kind of index this bitch so we can look back and read the sections we enjoyed the most.

Too much work. Even for someone as unemployed as myself.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16358 on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:33 PM »
i know i'm forgetting a crap ton of stuff...but the best pages of this thread(this year anyway) had to have been when it came out that everyone was not giving up rights to sue A&M. I was refreshing twitter and this thread every 5 sec. That hour was amazing.

oh man, when KU said they weren't giving up rights and their journos all tweeted that they thought that was a mistake because KU had very good options and it must mean KSU...wow.  I mean

yes. any clue as to what pages? i'd like to take a stroll down memory lane.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3457.10250
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16359 on: October 12, 2011, 01:43:36 PM »
True, he did.   :thumbs: And while I love the now Crap-signal, I must admit the old one flying across the screen made me LOL 4 realz.

kono

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16360 on: October 12, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »

kono

Winner!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16361 on: October 12, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
omfg. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16362 on: October 12, 2011, 05:39:28 PM »
 :lol:

What an amazing 5th post.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16363 on: October 12, 2011, 05:42:43 PM »

he had thousands of mediocre posts on ksufans leading up to this one fwiw

kono

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16364 on: October 12, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »

kono

Well in that case  :dubious:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16365 on: October 12, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »

kono
Fantabuless!  :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16366 on: October 12, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
My favorite post in this thread was when we thought we might go to the PAC and somebody posted:

"It's PACerson"

Nearly cost me a monitor.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16367 on: October 12, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »

kono

while i don't disagree, there is something to be said for the loan poster soldier that flies in conventional wisdom and continues to post chicago cubs post after chicago cubs post. i mean he might've been the andy kaufman of 'fans for all we know.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16368 on: October 12, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »

kono

while i don't disagree, there is something to be said for the loan poster soldier that flies in conventional wisdom and continues to post chicago cubs post after chicago cubs post. i mean he might've been the andy kaufman of 'fans for all we know.

Man, kind of OT, but what if Poetwarrior (andy) and FSD (tony clifton) were the same person?

:surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16369 on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »

kono

Man, kind of OT, but what if Poetwarrior (andy) and FSD (tony clifton) were the same person?

:surprised:

i think anything is possible at this point in time dlew12.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16370 on: October 12, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »
But if Missouri leaves -- and as of this morning the prevailing theory was that the Tigers were still focused on joining Texas A&M as the 13th and 14th members of the SEC -- the Big 12 would make a move to go from 9 to 12 teams with Big East members Louisville and West Virginia as the prime schools on their wish list. Such a move might also happen even if Missouri remains.

The SEC might have one back up plan if Missouri decides to stay. Word is spreading throug the SEC that Clemson may come into play as team No. 14.
The Tigers are more of an SEC fit than ACC fit in many ways. If that happens, the ACC will be forced to go for a 14th team. The first choice would be Notre Dame, but if the Irish still want to remain as an independent than UConn comes into the picture.

But the prevailing wisdom right now is that Missouri will likely be headed to the Big 12, which would set Louisville and West Virginia into motion.[/quote

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2011/10/big_easts_fate.html

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16371 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »
But if Missouri leaves -- and as of this morning the prevailing theory was that the Tigers were still focused on joining Texas A&M as the 13th and 14th members of the SEC -- the Big 12 would make a move to go from 9 to 12 teams with Big East members Louisville and West Virginia as the prime schools on their wish list. Such a move might also happen even if Missouri remains.

The SEC might have one back up plan if Missouri decides to stay. Word is spreading throug the SEC that Clemson may come into play as team No. 14.
The Tigers are more of an SEC fit than ACC fit in many ways. If that happens, the ACC will be forced to go for a 14th team. The first choice would be Notre Dame, but if the Irish still want to remain as an independent than UConn comes into the picture.

But the prevailing wisdom right now is that Missouri will likely be headed to the Big 12, which would set Louisville and West Virginia into motion.[/quote

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2011/10/big_easts_fate.html
:dubious:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:38:28 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

catzacker

« Reply #16372 on: October 12, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »

typo?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16373 on: October 12, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »

typo?

I don't know.  But I think if Missouri had an offer, they would have formally withdrawn by now. 

They don't have an offer, though, and that's why I think our presidents and Neinas are all really confident that they'll stay.  They know that every day that goes by the less likely it is the SEC will make a move on them.

Clemson has been getting some run lately though.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16374 on: October 12, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »
My favorite post in this thread was when we thought we might go to the PAC and somebody posted:

"It's PACerson"

Nearly cost me a monitor.

"It's PACerson" was definitely my favorite LOL.  Another good one was last year when when our school was about to fall into the abyss with no conference home, and our president was out enjoying an evening at Olive Garden and a movie, and SkinnyBenny referred to it as "The Ron Prince of Persia".