Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Fashion Thread  (Read 142564 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL: Fashion Thread
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:26:26 PM »
This is the place for us guys and gals and even mini horses to share tips, ask questions, or even post pics of us looking great.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL: Fashion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »
My first question for the experts is, What is the perfect cut or neckline for a V neck? How low should it go?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
My first question for the experts is, What is the perfect cut or neckline for a V neck? How low should it go?

depends on a lot of factors, not enough info.  post pic of yourself without a shirt and I can tell you exactly where it should hit. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:35:04 PM »
follow up from some other worthless thread on these forums.

shirt.
match pants to shirt.
match belt to pants.
match shoes to belt.
match socks to shoes.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »

shirt.
match pants to shirt.
match belt to pants.
match shoes to belt.
match socks to shoes.
Did you see that this is the official thread?! :D

boy do I miss cf0506

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »

shirt.
match pants to shirt.
match belt to pants.
match shoes to belt.
match socks to shoes.
Did you see that this is the official thread?! :D

boy do I miss cf0506
yup, been saving it for this thread.  thanks for starting it, yla.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline J.EMAW33

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 10:00:57 PM »

Should only go to the collar bone notch. Other wise you'll look hipster and terrible. As for cut? Need defined frontal neck tendons and a defined collarbone. Also, v-necks only work if you have an athletic torso (board shoulders, small waist, defined v-taper). V-necks subtly emphasize this.

Any more questions? The only thing I like more than fancy cologne bottles and having 6 iPods is fashion.

Offline J.EMAW33

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »

shirt.
match pants to shirt.
match belt to pants.
match shoes to belt.
match socks to shoes.

Also, this is terrible. No one do this ever. Except for line 4. Line 5 ONLY with black shoes.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »
Wear Ralph Lauren.

Offline D. Scott

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12:44 AM »

belly button

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 07:48:02 AM »

belly button

:pbj:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »

shirt.
match pants to shirt.
match belt to pants.
match shoes to belt.
match socks to shoes.

Also, this is terrible. No one do this ever. Except for line 4. Line 5 ONLY with black shoes.
sorry, i should have excluded guys who wear doc martens and consider them their dress shoes.  you do as you see fit.

Offline J.EMAW33

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
Here are some random fashion tips (for men):

-FIT ABOVE ALL

Casuals:
-Never wear graphic tee's unless you are going to a sporting event. Graphic tee's should not be part of your regular wardrobe.
-Unless you want to look girly (EDITED FOR MOD/GENDER CLARIFICATION), men should always wear straight leg jeans as opposed to boot-cut jeans (unless of course you are some badass cowboy or something). Bootcut jeans simulate curves and this is the reason why they are a popular cut among more girly minded men.
-In general, your shirt could be lighter to some degree than your pants. This is flexible depending on your color choice, but for jeans, this means a dark wash will look the best across most casual wardrobe combinations.
-If you are wearing a button down, roll your damn sleeves up a bit with a casual outfit, otherwise you'll look like a tryhard douche.
-I swear to god, if I see you wear that suit jacket with your jeans one more time, I will murder you.
-Shoes do not need to be darker than your jeans (like with a suit), but do not wear tennis shoes with jeans, unless you are in middle school and only have one pair of shoes. Sperry's are the most casual type of shoe for jeans, but any type of casual (wingtip, etc) oxford or desert boot will do.
-Chinos are casual. Don't let anyone tell you other wise.
-DO NOT tuck your T-shirt, or anything, into your jeans. Ever. I'm talking to you, GPC.

Suit/Formal wear:

-Most important rule: FIT ABOVE ALL. It does not matter how much you spent on your Ralph Lauren Black Label suit, if it does not fit right, IT WILL NOT MATTER. Find a tailor.
-Avoid pinstripes unless you want to look like a walking cliché.
-With suits, your shirt should ALWAYS be lighter than your pants, and your tie (most of the time) should be darker than your shirt (again, flexible depending on shirt color, because yellow ties work with salmon shirts, etc.).
-FIT ABOVE ALL
-Your belt should always match your shoes. No exceptions.
-Always leave your bottom jacket button unbuttoned. Unless you are wearing a Tux.
-Shirts: Stripes, micro-check patterns, and solids are fantastic. Light colors preferred. Nothing flashy like hot pink or neon lime green. Color neutrality is the essence of suit color coding.
-Pants: Unless you are fatass, try to avoid pleats and cuffs if at all possible. Flat fronts are the sharpest cut.
-Jackets: Dual (side) vent coats are the most elegant, most expensive cut. The most expensive suits manufacturers exclusively use dual-vents on their suits. It fits the shape of the male human torso better. The also keep the back of the suit flat and sleek at all times. Single (middle) vents are fine. It is a cheap, less expensive cut, but will still look great most of the time. No vent suits will look terrible when you sit down.
-Ties: Straight-lined patterned ties (diagonal lines, spatially straight micro-"logos", etc) should be the only ties you own. Swirl patterns are tacky.
-Shoes: Avoid square-toed shoes at all cost. Point-toe shoes elongate the leg and emphasize the sleek look of your flat-front pants. Also avoid patterns, such as alligator patterns. They look horrible.
-A blazer has metal buttons, a sport coat does not.
-If you are fat, lose some weight. Nothing will ever look good on you.
-FIND A DAMN TAILOR.

Women:
-Dress slutty. We don't care how much you spent on your Gucci blouse and Ralph Lauren boat shorts. We only care about DAT ASS and DEM CURVES. Dress accordingly.
-Wear heels all of the time. I don't even give a eff.

More to come if there are any questions.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:59:26 PM by J.EMAW33 »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »

-FIT ABOVE ALL

Casuals:
-Never wear graphic tee's unless you are going to a sporting event. Graphic tee's should not be part of your regular wardrobe.
-Unless you are/want to look homosexual

^ I got this far before I was able to confirm this guy doesn't know crap about fashion

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »

Depends on how much chest hair you have, and how high up it grows.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 01:54:28 PM »

-FIT ABOVE ALL

Casuals:

^ I got this far before I was able to confirm this guy doesn't know crap about fashion
agreed almost all of the homosexuals I know are terrific dressers

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
Sometimes I think JTimbalake and I are the only ones in this world interested in bringing sexy back

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »
Sweatpant shorts, plain white tshirt, New Balance shoes.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »

-FIT ABOVE ALL

Casuals:

agreed almost all of the homosexuals I know are terrific dressers

not saying that they don't exist, but i've never met a homosexual that is a sloppy dresser.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
What look are you going for?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 09:33:30 AM »
Casuals:

Define "graphic tee's."  Please give examples of tee's that aren't graphic (other than solid tee's...obv).  Pics are helpful.  tia.

:users:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline J.EMAW33

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 10:24:05 AM »
Casuals:

Define "graphic tee's."  Please give examples of tee's that aren't graphic (other than solid tee's...obv).  Pics are helpful.  tia.

:users:
Graphic Tee:

High schoolish, riley rattish, epitome of the douchebag.

Non-graphic Tee (or v-neck):

Much more classy, more natural, more mature look. Especially when combined with a nice pair of jeans or even chinos and some nice shoes. Small logos are fine, even preferred if you do indeed want to add a bit of spice to the shirt. A minimal amount of writing can be ok as well, just not huge "HOLLISTER SURF CO. BOARD COMPETITION 1922 CHAMPIONS LOL" type of crap.

Even cheap boring stuff like this plain $5 H&M looks MUCH better than that $900 Affliction piece of crap:

Those are indeed "solid tees", but any T-Shirt with any amount of embroidery or print (besides something like a small logo) is considered "graphic" and will not look very classy. We all know we are richer than most fanbases. Classy is our genetic makeup.

Like I said, graphic tees shouldn't be part of your regular casual wardrobe, meaning that you can have a few for diversity, but by all means you shouldn't wear them every single freaking day.

Also:
Quote from: D. Scott on April 29, 2011, 07:12:44 AM
Quote from: yoga-like_abana on April 28, 2011, 09:29:42 PM

belly button

lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:42:46 AM by J.EMAW33 »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »
This is the best "cool" summer fashion for you, and most people.

V-neck solid tee.  Or normal tee or pocket tee - fitted and NO logo.  Load up on bracelets (non-shiny or goth, beaded/ropey stuff).  Get a cool necklace, not made of seashells or shiny.  Long and hippy-looking.  Shorts, cut a smidgen above knee, definitely no cargos.  No plaid.  Shoes - espadrilles, desert boots, or whatever you get go for the no-socks socks (boat shoes are too lame, esp pale dudes who get dark shoes).  Now you look like a cool [redacted] without appearing too conformist or try-hard.

Basically look like you are getting laid.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 05:30:44 PM »
Also gray jeans are the crap.  Looks so hot with any dark top.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »
This is the best "cool" summer fashion for you, and most people.

V-neck solid tee.  Or normal tee or pocket tee - fitted and NO logo.  Load up on bracelets (non-shiny or goth, beaded/ropey stuff).  Get a cool necklace, not made of seashells or shiny.  Long and hippy-looking.  Shorts, cut a smidgen above knee, definitely no cargos.  No plaid.  Shoes - espadrilles, desert boots, or whatever you get go for the no-socks socks (boat shoes are too lame, esp pale dudes who get dark shoes).  Now you look like a cool mothereffer without appearing too conformist or try-hard.

Basically look like you are getting laid.

fashion is kind of age dependent though imo. a twenty year old can pull off stuff that the same person at thirty five can't. thoughts? agree/disagree? also consider that the 35 yr old is getting judged by other 35 yr olds and not 20 yr olds. i mean, i don't disagree w/ anything posted above, but a married 35 yr old w/ two kids would get secretly laughed at for wearing lots of bracelets and a cool necklace. thoughts? we might need separate threads based on birthdays. thoughts?