Author Topic: fall practice 17 tidbits, nuggets, and hearsay  (Read 24650 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: fall practice 17 tidbits, nuggets, and hearsay
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2017, 10:13:32 PM »
If Green and Walker didn't qualify/stay, then that leaves us with zero freshman linebackers.

It's not a huge problem; we'll fill in the gaps in their class in a couple of years with JUCO guys if need be, but that's disappointing.

the ish i heard on walker from my guy was "he was asked to leave." not sure if true.

I mean it's not a really big deal.  Some SR walk-on will get a scholarship for his last year now.

The 2018 class is really, really small due to the small number of seniors, so a little attrition isn't a negative considering our recruiting hasn't sucked the last couple of years.

Consistently under recruiting and failing to fill a position of need has worked out well for us in the past. So yeah no big deal if you want a LB group manned by a bunch of Will Davis type players.

Dude, you didn't get the memo that we purposely under recruit. 

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2017, 10:21:39 PM »
If Green and Walker didn't qualify/stay, then that leaves us with zero freshman linebackers.

It's not a huge problem; we'll fill in the gaps in their class in a couple of years with JUCO guys if need be, but that's disappointing.

the ish i heard on walker from my guy was "he was asked to leave." not sure if true.

I mean it's not a really big deal.  Some SR walk-on will get a scholarship for his last year now.

The 2018 class is really, really small due to the small number of seniors, so a little attrition isn't a negative considering our recruiting hasn't sucked the last couple of years.

Consistently under recruiting and failing to fill a position of need has worked out well for us in the past. So yeah no big deal if you want a LB group manned by a bunch of Will Davis type players.

Wtf are you going on about? You do realize our two most recent starting LB's not only had big 12 honors but both are on NFL rosters,  right? But yeah, you're right, our staff is really dropping the ball getting big 12 talent lbs on our roster. That's a red hot burning take you got there

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2017, 10:58:25 AM »

Wtf are you going on about? You do realize our two most recent starting LB's not only had big 12 honors but both are on NFL rosters,  right? But yeah, you're right, our staff is really dropping the ball getting big 12 talent lbs on our roster. That's a red hot burning take you got there

And who is stepping in to fill their shoes? Our LB group has zero experience and sketchy depth. This is like having Hubenor be our starting qb or stonehands Burton our #1 WR. It doesn't work out well for us. They missed those positions and it killed us. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »
Anyone remember the 4* linebacker we snagged from Auburn(?) on signing day a couple years ago? Is he ever going to see the field?

Elijah Sullivan? Still on team as far as i know. I bet he sees some time early on while LB situation settles out. But no idea where he is in  pecking order among Kirby, Sizelove,Hughes,Patton.

There are people that currently believe he should be a starter... now will they continue to believe that and will he actually be a starter? We shall see.

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2017, 11:54:36 AM »

And who is stepping in to fill their shoes? Our LB group has zero experience and sketchy depth. This is like having Hubenor be our starting qb or stonehands Burton our #1 WR. It doesn't work out well for us. They missed those positions and it killed us.

Yes inexperienced and unknown, because they were playing behind future pros. I'd be far more concerned if our recently departed LB's were run of the mill.very average players that none of our other lb's on the roster could beat out, but thats not the case, is it?

So yes, there is an unknown from an experience on gameday standpoint. But nothing has been proven otherwise either way, saying the coaching staff has failed to adequately manage that roster depth at this point is pretty dumb because you literally dont know how good or not good the current lbs will be. Just as dumb as another fan harping about the Huebener year, i mean, How DARE the coaches not adequately recruit complete STUDS  who could start for any big 12 school to be our 4th string QB! Such failure!

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
seems like now a very peculiar time to be bitching about our recruiting. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2017, 01:08:52 PM »
Bazooka joe was #2 not #4
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2017, 01:15:04 PM »
Wow, I didn't expect anyone to meltdown on 8/10. Mark down troubledscribe to be the first one to lose his crap over K-State Football this year. Well done and without even seeing a snap.  :clap:

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »
Wow, I didn't expect anyone to meltdown on 8/10. Mark down troubledscribe to be the first one to lose his crap over K-State Football this year. Well done and without even seeing a snap.  :clap:

Not losing it, simply stating what should be very obvious. Unless Patton is an absolute beast and can shore up some monster holes, then our linebacking group is going to be extremely subpar. This falls back on the coaches for sucking at recruiting for this position. Look back through the 2014 class and onwards, and tell me who we signed that stands out at LB besides Lee who left early.

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
 Well both sizelove/sullivan were graded pretty darn high at their position class ( top 30's) , but again this is really boiling down to a subjective argument, you really have no evidence as of right now to support your statememts that our LB unit will be sub-par. Ill give it a few games before im gonna start judging the unit. Ya know, using tangible facts. Not crappy knee jerk whiny opinions

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2017, 02:14:31 PM »
WGAF if our LBs suck complete crap. We're going to score 80 a game.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2017, 02:23:18 PM »

can you imagine if we played "party in the U.S.A." after each of our 10 touchdowns a game?   :love:

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2017, 02:37:21 PM »

True true. Thus endeth the debate

The Big Train

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2017, 05:30:56 PM »
Starting center Reid Najvar forgoing senior season to be a graduate assistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2017, 05:37:37 PM »
Seriously? Weird.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »
What

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
Concussion concerns

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »
Plug and play. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
This sucks!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
fall practice 17 tidbits, nuggets, and hearsay
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
Id like to assume we'll be fine and Dickey will keep the O-Line afloat.

The timing of it seems a little worrisome, but I'm sure they've know about it for a little while. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2017, 06:45:54 PM »
Concussion concerns

that's horrible  :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2017, 06:47:27 PM »
On one of Twitter college football stat accounts, they had him the highest rated Big 12 Center. :frown:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2017, 07:22:17 PM »
Let's just do what Mangino (one of the greatest football minds of our generation) did and turn some QB's into  line backers.  Bill copied it once already and it worked fine.  Let's copy it again.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
crap, or some wide outs.  We have a bunch.  Teach them how to tackle.  eff, this isn't hard.