Author Topic: Mike McGuirl goodbye thread  (Read 1474 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Mike McGuirl goodbye thread
« on: March 09, 2022, 06:49:37 PM »
This is a thread to remember our best memories of this.....um...5 or 6 year guy.  His clutch shots or his massive momentum killing moments. GO!

He has been crap tonight!  duh.

Go!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Mike McGuirl goodbye thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 07:14:50 PM »
Anyone remember when he kicked ass against Kentucky?  Damn
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 02:30:21 PM »
Anyone remember when he kicked ass against Kentucky?  Damn

tbh, his performances in the E8 run are about all that I remember of Mike M's play at KSU, and even those are hazy. I will always remember him as an early adopter or the short-shorts look, and how his try-hard demeanor on the court was a turnoff for me from early on. Rec-specs would have been a really fitting look for Mike. Like when Jim Carrey hooped in The Cable Guy.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 03:49:13 PM »
He pretty much single-handedly brought the win home against OU for us last season

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 04:22:36 PM »
He pretty much single-handedly brought the win home against OU for us last season

Exactly, I missed that, along with most of his career, which is more an indictment on oscar — and me as a fan — than Mike. He gave his heart and souls to KSU for all those years. That’s pretty admirable.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 09:41:54 AM »
i don't get the mike hate.  he wasn't great, but he was a solid enough role piece, and could breakout every now and again.  not even close to a top ten worst regular player we've had over the last 15 years or so.  hell, i can name several worse regular players on the '21-'22 squad.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 09:45:22 AM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 09:47:39 AM »
i don't get the mike hate.  he wasn't great, but he was a solid enough role piece, and could breakout every now and again.  not even close to a top ten worst regular player we've had over the last 15 years or so.  hell, i can name several worse regular players on the '21-'22 squad.
I get why people don't like him (lots of minutes as a pretty bad player)but don't think this thread is necessary

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2022, 09:51:19 AM »
I get why people don't like him (lots of minutes as a pretty bad player)but don't think this thread is necessary
Well look at the person who started the thread

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 10:09:26 AM »
Well look at the person who started the thread
truuuu

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 10:13:06 AM »
His Creighton game! :love:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 10:21:36 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 10:28:55 AM »
really though they were very different players. Clent was a facilitator and a + defender. Mike wasn't even supposed to be a point guard. We didn't talk about it here but the last couple of games without Nowell, oscar actually moved Mike off the ball and had Selton playing the point, and Mike looked much better catching the ball on the wing and corner, instead of shooting 3 feet behind the line at the top of the kwy.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 10:38:29 AM »
I'm sorry, the numbers say he was better than Clent. Tough day for Clent defenders.  And by the way, McGuirl was a better defender.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 10:47:41 AM »
Better hair too, but Clent was more adorable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 10:53:31 AM »
First of all, it's not defenders, it's defender. Secondly, nah. I would hope a volume shooting guard would average more points than a pass first point guard. Clent having a higher 3PT% is a real bad look.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 10:59:47 AM »
First of all, it's not defenders, it's defender. Secondly, nah. I would hope a volume shooting guard would average more points than a pass first point guard. Clent having a higher 3PT% is a real bad look.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 01:06:26 PM »
but can mike rap like stewy baby?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »
Can Mike romance Mrs KK like Clent?