Author Topic: This sounds totally normal.  (Read 3470 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: This sounds totally normal.
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 09:13:07 AM »
BFFs: whataboutism and false equivalency

You don't get to either say nothing or fully support the very same thing that you're having a meltdown over because you're a hyperpartisan.  I mean you can, but don't start tossing out strawmen like whataboutism and false equivalency when you're called out on it.

An executive order to put intelligence in the hands of people who have no business being engaged in order to embolden domestic political spying stands on its own.

If you see the exact same thing when you compare Trump and Obama regardless, you are extremely confused and we have nothing to discuss.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 09:17:45 AM »

You don't get to either say nothing or fully support the very same thing that you're having a meltdown over because you're a hyperpartisan.  I mean you can, but don't start tossing out strawmen like whataboutism and false equivalency when you're called out on it.

An executive order to put intelligence in the hands of people who have no business being engaged in order to embolden domestic political spying stands on its own.

If you see the exact same thing when you compare Trump and Obama regardless, you are extremely confused and we have nothing to discuss.

I said it was not the exact same thing.   One just openly signed up our intelligence agencies to do domestic political spying and ensured that information got into the hands of politicos to be used for political purposes.   3 Dem Pres heroes have used intelligence agencies to spy domestically, and of course the NSA was created by a Dem.   Now, if you want to believe those agencies didn't outsource some of that work, knock yourself out.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 09:43:49 AM »
I can’t wait until Trump is out of the WH and drones like Dax, FSD, and KSUW can go back to counter-pointing whether we should expand Obamacare or still have troops in the Middle East instead of whether the US President should have a Gestapo.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »

I said it was not the exact same thing.   One just openly signed up our intelligence agencies to do domestic political spying and ensured that information got into the hands of politicos to be used for political purposes.   3 Dem Pres heroes have used intelligence agencies to spy domestically, and of course the NSA was created by a Dem.   Now, if you want to believe those agencies didn't outsource some of that work, knock yourself out.

Some people express concern that Trump has the power to launch a nuclear attack. Are they outrageous hypocrites because they did not do the same when Obama was president?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 12:00:07 PM »
So some people think this is the same as hiring Blackwater to guard civilian contractors in a war zone?  Is that right?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
dax, spies hired to spy on american citizens that don't like your politics are not comparable even in crazyland to private army men. that whatabout'ism is looked down upon by even the most extreme whatabout'ist enthusiasts.

Fusion GPS says hai

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »
I prefer "my president" to spy on its citizens using consultants and abusing the FISA court system.

#teamlibtard

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »
I just perused the initial article, and nowhere does it say the WH has even heard of this let alone is considering it. But it makes for adequate libtard fan fiction so here we are.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »
I just perused the initial article, and nowhere does it say the WH has even heard of this let alone is considering it. But it makes for adequate libtard fan fiction so here we are.

Agreed, it's too insanely F'd up to think real.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
I dig that pointing out that obama actually did what some article said trump could possibly think about doimg even though be says he isn't is "whataboutism"

:lol:

Is calling something whataboutism akin to starting a joke  with, " I'm not racist, but . . ."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »

It is real. Obama did it, hillary did it, just none of the libtards cared when they did it bc #teamlibtard #nevertrump.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »
I'm still pissed that they hired private domestic spies to support their agenda and counter the CIA

The Big Train

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 12:36:21 PM »

It is real. Obama did it, hillary did it, just none of the libtards cared when they did it bc #teamlibtard #nevertrump.

Hillary was never president bud, I know it’s hard for you to believe, but she was never president.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:30 PM »

So are you for or against it?  Would like to see your thoughts before and after the WH weighs in publicly.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »
A denial from Trump's White House is most certainly always a rock solid defense.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 01:09:14 PM »

So are you for or against it?  Would like to see your thoughts before and after the WH weighs in publicly.

needs to wait and see what DJT decides

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »
I like how dax "conveniently" leaves out the fact that domestic surveillance capabilities were most significantly expanded under the Patriot Act (GW Bush).

Also, dax shows his utter naivety by not realizing that private military contractors have no reason to leave their people embedded. Once the job is done, hired guns get extracted because their value lies in the ability to turn over missions. If a private company has embedded intelligence officers in our government, there's never reason to pull them. Ever. They lose all value once they've been extracted. That's a very dangerous situation. We already have foreign agents galore trying to infiltrate our government, why would we invite a private company to do the same?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »
Whataboutsim military private spies are not the same as cia spies.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »

Is "it" double or triple conjecture? It's hard to keep up with what thing that could happen that we're supposed to bleed out of our assholes out about.

The Big Train

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »

This is true.  CIA spies don’t have the legal jurisdiction to target American citizens.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 09:33:34 PM »

This is true.  CIA spies don’t have the legal jurisdiction to target American citizens.

Interesting if true

The Big Train

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »

Interesting if true

Time will tell.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »
the intercept  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 10:43:31 PM »
I just perused the initial article, and nowhere does it say the WH has even heard of this let alone is considering it . But it makes for adequate libtard fan fiction so here we are.

Is "it" double or triple conjecture? It's hard to keep up with what thing that could happen that we're supposed to bleed out of our assholes out about.

The bolded part of your statement. TIA.