Author Topic: Tex Winter Court  (Read 22662 times)

Offline NoDakCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tex Winter Court
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
I've been creepin on the boards for a while, decided to finally chime in.. But no, I'm definitely not Tex Winter's kid... Grew up loving the Bulls (as every 90s kid did) and appreciate everything Tex did...  

:emawkid:

Denis has done much more for the KSU Cats than Tex
:dubious:worst trolling ever :facepalm:

I'm dead serious.  The only reason I've ever heard of Tex Winter is because old Kansas people won't shut up about him and when he stroked out everyone got excited because he was going to be put in a home in Manhattan, KS.

Tex changed the game of basketball, and since you don't know who he is that's why he needs to be on the court so people have to look him up and know what he did.

John Wooden changed the game of basketball but I don't want his old ass on the court either

That he did.. and UCLA honored him.

In 2003, UCLA dedicated the basketball court in Pauley Pavilion in honor of John and Nell Wooden.[67] Named the "Nell & John Wooden Court," Wooden asked for the change from the original proposal of the "John & Nell Wooden Court," insisting that his wife's name should come first.[68] In 2008, Indiana State also bestowed this honor on Wooden by naming their home court in the Hulman Center the "Nellie and John Wooden Court."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
I've been creepin on the boards for a while, decided to finally chime in.. But no, I'm definitely not Tex Winter's kid... Grew up loving the Bulls (as every 90s kid did) and appreciate everything Tex did...  

:emawkid:

Denis has done much more for the KSU Cats than Tex
:dubious:worst trolling ever :facepalm:

I'm dead serious.  The only reason I've ever heard of Tex Winter is because old Kansas people won't shut up about him and when he stroked out everyone got excited because he was going to be put in a home in Manhattan, KS.

Tex changed the game of basketball, and since you don't know who he is that's why he needs to be on the court so people have to look him up and know what he did.

John Wooden changed the game of basketball but I don't want his old ass on the court either

That he did.. and UCLA honored him.

In 2003, UCLA dedicated the basketball court in Pauley Pavilion in honor of John and Nell Wooden.[67] Named the "Nell & John Wooden Court," Wooden asked for the change from the original proposal of the "John & Nell Wooden Court," insisting that his wife's name should come first.[68] In 2008, Indiana State also bestowed this honor on Wooden by naming their home court in the Hulman Center the "Nellie and John Wooden Court."

he changed the game of basketball at UCLA. Tex did whatever it was that he did (nobody knows) somewhere else.  Tex never did a damn thing for K-State.  Denis did much, much more.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 11:27:24 AM »
"Clemente Court at the OOD" really rolls off the tongue.  I think this is already a done deal.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »
Apparently this joker ?Tex?
A.) Isn't from Texas(liar)
B.) Couldn't hack it as a head coach anywhere and
C.) Went to USC, the Wildcats bitter out of conference rival

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
It's going to be Denis Clemente Court.

I would like Denis Clemente Court with small flags of all the various mexican countries our kids come from along the baselines. 

Most annoying behavior I've ever seen out of a Cats player = the hand gestures and the flag and the screaming "Puerto Rrrrrrriiiicoooo" into the camera.

I would ban you if I knew how you bad person

Lucky for both of us then?

how is that lucky for me?  unlucky if anything. 

It was annoying though, right?  I thought it was.  At least I can't think of anything else more annoying.  Most everything else I really like or love.  Like when during the tunnel tance JHR is always turned to the wall pounding away?  That's great.  I love that.

No, it was amazing.  I loved every second of it. 

Well I'll just keep my mouth shut about that just in case you ever get ambitious enough to learn how to ban me.  Mmmkay?

oh man. stevedave is baiting you big time here. the banning button on the mod board is named after him and has a picture of him as the icon that you have to click if you want someone banned. if anybody knows how to ban, it's him. he's basically a big snake of some sort who hasn't eaten in a week month and you are some little mouse and you just got dropped in his cage. can't wait to see how this all plays out...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:55 AM »
Bill Walker pissed on the court, therefore it's his.

Would be fine with this as well.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
Bill Walker pissed on the court, therefore it's his.

Would be fine with this as well.

Agreed.   :bwpopcorn:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline NoDakCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
Apparently this joker ?Tex?
A.) Isn't from Texas(liar)
B.) Couldn't hack it as a head coach anywhere and
C.) Went to USC, the Wildcats bitter out of conference rival

A. True (of all nicknames why would you pick Tex)
B. Winter served as Kansas State's head coach for the following 15 years, posting a 261-118 (.689) record. He still owns the record for most league titles (eight) in school history and twice led the Wildcats to the Final Four (1958 and 1964). Winter guided K-State to postseason play seven times overall, including six trips to the NCAA Tournament, and boasts one of the highest winning percentages in K-State's history.

C. True

I'll stop arguing, guess the CCOOD does have a good ring to it.  All though TWOOD is easier to say.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
not into or guys playing in T Wood.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
why the hell would we name the court after Winters? He hangs out with Iowans.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
Which one of these new :opcat: posters is Tannahill?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
Grew up loving the Bulls (as every 90s kid did)

I rough ridin' hated the Bulls. Hated.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:09:32 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »
We need renderings of all these suggestions. From Denis Court to the Wooly First Aid Station.
Seriously, we're almost 3 pages in and no renderings? I'm a little disappointed.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2011, 12:12:34 PM »
At the very least, we can put a pic of Denis on all the thermostats or something.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2011, 12:13:56 PM »
We need renderings of all these suggestions. From Denis Court to the Wooly First Aid Station.
Seriously, we're almost 3 pages in and no renderings? I'm a little disappointed.

Must also include Colon's Condiments as the Concessions area. tia.

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:59 PM »
Tex can go have the V-Ball court at Ahearn named after him. 

What about the Tyler Hughes Court (Sponsored by the Boy Scouts of America)?

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:29 PM »
A) Tex is from Texas.  He went to high school in California. http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/20/2456317/love-for-basketball-is-tex-winters.html
B) He most certainly cut it as a head coach at KSU
C) Frank didn't go to KSU.  Bill Self didn't go to KU.  LHC Bill Snyder didn't go to KSU.  Name a coach that actually attended the school where they became famous.  I can't think of one.

Courts and fields and stadiums get named after guys who spend most of their careers in one spot and were committed to that community. Tex Winter did not do that.

Bob Huggins came in here and turned the thing around in one year.  Are we going to name a court after him?  Hell no.  Does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?  Yes.

The court or the next coliseum may some day be named after Frank Martin.  We'll see.  He's off to a great start.  But if he leaves, we won't name anything after him.

The best way we can honor Tex Winter is to take his offense that we switched to in January and win the whole rough ridin' thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »
Tex can go have the V-Ball court at Ahearn named after him. 

What about the Tyler Hughes Court (Sponsored by the Boy Scouts of America)?

You can rename Ahearn after Tex for all I care.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »

If I was in charge of these types of things (I should be) I would name the weight room after Colon and have a ginormous 7ft+ chalk outline of a knocked the eff out Bennett right in the middle of it.  

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:37 PM »

If I was in charge of these types of things (I should be) I would name the weight room after Colon and have a ginormous 7ft+ chalk outline of a knocked the eff out Bennett right in the middle of it. 

The Jason Benneck stretching area.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2011, 12:57:16 PM »

Would you need a passport to get on the court?  :dunno:

Come on!  Low PRIQ going on here, Puerto Rico is a part of the USA, no need for a passport.  Other Latin American (that's Mexican for you guys) countries, yep, you'd need a passport, 'cept for certain parts of Mexico, for some reason you can get in an out of certain places w/o pasaportes.  :dunno:

But does Denis have the cool million to rename the court yet?  Do we accept IOUs?
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2011, 01:05:25 PM »
alright, retards, it's simple.

Did "Tex Winters" (if there is such a guy) ever get the KSU Kats to the Elite Eight?
No.  Denis did.

boom, checkmate.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »

Would you need a passport to get on the court?  :dunno:

Come on!  Low PRIQ going on here, Puerto Rico is a part of the USA, no need for a passport.  Other Latin American (that's Mexican for you guys) countries, yep, you'd need a passport, 'cept for certain parts of Mexico, for some reason you can get in an out of certain places w/o pasaportes.  :dunno:

But does Denis have the cool million to rename the court yet?  Do we accept IOUs?

according to a certain underachieving **** downriver, a green card should be required

Offline NoDakCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
alright, retards, it's simple.

Did "Tex Winters" (if there is such a guy) ever get the KSU Kats to the Elite Eight?
No.  Denis did.

boom, checkmate.

Right, he got them to the final four... twice.