Author Topic: it's hot and it's going to stay hot for four months  (Read 36243 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: it's hot and it's going to stay hot for four months
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »
Summer nights are fantastic. 

Winter nights?  Yea eff that.
Yep, even with extreme heat you get pleasant conditions for any outdoor activity at dawn and dusk, the same cannot be said for extreme cold or even just regular winter weather.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2013, 03:37:51 PM »
So did I read that correctly, climbing the mist diffucult mountain in the world is just being able to walk in the cold

K2 is a much more difficult climb than Everest.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
obvs the fall is the best, spring a distant 2nd.  summer sucks.  winter meh.

:excited:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
would love to see rusty try and do 2,000 jumping jacks (non stop) when it's +100 degrees and humid outside.

answer:  he wouldn't be able to.

I couldn't do that at any temp. So yeah, I should have said "you can do anything you could do at a more reasonable temperature." Good catch! thanks for your support.

can't do 2,000 jumping jacks?  really?  i can't believe that your extreme yoga regime has left you in such poor physical condition.  oh well, maybe the tofu burrita will help.

How many degrees cooler is the removal of a neck beard worth is something that I'm pondering here.  Something to chew on. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
even with extreme heat you get pleasant conditions for any outdoor activity at dawn and dusk.

you've never lived anywhere that gets hot.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »
even with extreme heat you get pleasant conditions for any outdoor activity at dawn and dusk.

you've never lived anywhere that gets hot.
true I have no 3rd world experience, but even midsummer South Florida at dawn and dusk is tolerable.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »
love sweating. do it all the time. sometimes just for fun.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »
Today was the best type of weather day

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
Ok, let's go ahead and leave out fall and spring because obviously 50-70 is the most comfortable temperatures.

The battle here is between winter and summer.  Let's call winter in MHK the three months of December, January, February and let's call summer in MHK June, July and August.  The average winter temperature in MHK is ~32 degrees.  The average summer temperature in MHK is ~77. 

32 vs. 78.  Wow.  How is this even an argument?  The thing that sucks about winter is that you can't even go outside and enjoy anything.  Nobody grills outside during winter.  Nobody drives with their windows down during winter.  Nobody drinks on patios during winter.  There's no winter equivalent to swimming pools (unless you're a bum who stands around a trashcan fire). 

You know why? Because being cold is miserable.  People grill outside in the summer because, although it's hot, you can stand it.  Winter brings snow and ice which makes driving awful and makes everything a mess.  Summer brings...some rain sometimes?  Some hot temperatures?  Big whoop. 

Source: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/USKS0358
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:18:39 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »
I love the cold.  So crisp and clean.  I'm also for more puds staying home indoors and out of public view.  Dlew has convinced me.   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2013, 07:38:24 PM »
78 isn't hot, dlew.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2013, 08:01:05 PM »
midsummer South Florida at dawn and dusk is tolerable.

never been to s florida, but dawn and dusk are not comparable.  i've lived where it's too hot for people to live and even there it's comfortable at dawn.  dusk is a few degrees off the daily high, which is intolerable.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »
78 isn't hot, dlew.
well that's the mean temperature so "where's the beef"

(wendy's)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
Ok, let's go ahead and leave out fall and spring because obviously 50-70 is the most comfortable temperatures.

The battle here is between winter and summer.  Let's call winter in MHK the three months of December, January, February and let's call summer in MHK June, July and August.  The average winter temperature in MHK is ~32 degrees.  The average summer temperature in MHK is ~77. 

32 vs. 78.  Wow.  How is this even an argument?  The thing that sucks about winter is that you can't even go outside and enjoy anything.  Nobody grills outside during winter.  Nobody drives with their windows down during winter.  Nobody drinks on patios during winter.  There's no winter equivalent to swimming pools (unless you're a bum who stands around a trashcan fire). 

You know why? Because being cold is miserable.  People grill outside in the summer because, although it's hot, you can stand it.  Winter brings snow and ice which makes driving awful and makes everything a mess.  Summer brings...some rain sometimes?  Some hot temperatures?  Big whoop. 

You're looking at it all wrong. The high is what's important, because its usually between 2-6 PM, right in prime outdoor fun time.

Average high in Manhattan in July/August is above 90. Awful. Just the worst ever.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2013, 08:34:48 PM »

You're looking at it all wrong. The high is what's important, because its usually between 2-6 PM, right in prime outdoor fun time.

Average high in Manhattan in July/August is above 90. Awful. Just the worst ever.
Yep.  Nothing like some nice afternoon fun time in January at 6 pm when it's already dark out. 

"Who wants to play some afternoon flashlight tag in some 30 degree weather guys?!"

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »
Winter is rough ridin' garbage.   If you could eliminate rain snow and ice winter would be fine.   

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »

Yep.  Nothing like some nice afternoon fun time in January at 6 pm when it's already dark out. 

"Who wants to play some afternoon flashlight tag in some 30 degree weather guys?!"

Sounds pretty fun!

Also, Winter has Christmas. My mom never bought me a new remote control car for the 4th of July. Advantage: Winter

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »
and extremes?  give me 0 over 110 any day of the week.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
well that's the mean temperature so "where's the beef"

i hate this time of year.  at least in this part of the world.

cfor3 is right though, the mean is meaningless.  the high and low determine your comfort.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
"Hey its cold out, you wanna snuggle under a blanket for warmth?"

"Hey its hot out, stay away because you're sweaty and gross."

Advantage: Winter

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »
I just don't get Summer haters/winter lovers.  I never will.  But to each his own.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »
A trim pointer can lay down 30 miles in 3 hours in 32 deg F.  Same dog won't make it an hour in 78 deg F weather.  I'll take winter thankyouverymuch.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »
A trim pointer can lay down 30 miles in 3 hours in 32 deg F.  Same dog won't make it an hour in 78 deg F weather.  I'll take winter thankyouverymuch.
I don't know what the eff any of this means.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2013, 08:54:13 PM »
The average temp in MHK for June, July and August is actually 94 degrees

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: it's hot and it's going to stay hot for four months
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2013, 08:55:01 PM »
I don't know what the eff any of this means.

Hunting stuffs brah.