Author Topic: sick days  (Read 16324 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: sick days
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 10:00:48 AM »
So daris and LSOC are saying they've never taken a bullshit sick day in their life?  :eek: :sdeek:

true story alert*

i can tell you the last day that i've actually take a "sick day" and it was ten years ago. not the last time i've used sick leave but the last time i called in sick.....thursday night before the ou/ksu big12 championship game in kansas city. my good friend vince comes over to my house and we stay up until 5am or something just getting incredibly pak'd. called in sick friday. went to the game saturday. work (previous job) found out i went to the game and kind eye rolled me. oh well. go cats. 35-7.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 10:02:51 AM »
Never been sick enough to take one off.  Assistant type lady by me has already taken 2 this year. She never hasn't taken every single vacation and sick day available to her each year. Even stretches beyond that some. People talk about it all the time. Leaves us hanging.

everyone's different, but I mean, she HAS the time...

I've got about a 50hrs rolled over from last year, but with the baby coming in May, I'm minimizing time off as much as possible.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »
I love that we're all making fun of people who skip out on work but we're doing it on a message board, presumably while at work. :gocho:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:02:04 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 10:03:20 AM »
So daris and LSOC are saying they've never taken a bullshit sick day in their life?  :eek: :sdeek:

true story alert*

i can tell you the last day that i've actually take a "sick day" and it was ten years ago. not the last time i've used sick leave but the last time i called in sick.....thursday night before the ou/ksu big12 championship game in kansas city. my good friend vince comes over to my house and we stay up until 5am or something just getting incredibly pak'd. called in sick friday. went to the game saturday. work (previous job) found out i went to the game and kind eye rolled me. oh well. go cats. 35-7.
Good for you! :cheers:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 10:04:11 AM »
I love that we're all making fun of people who skip out on work but we're doing it on a message board, presumable while at work. :gocho:
Great point.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:41 AM »
Never been sick enough to take one off.  Assistant type lady by me has already taken 2 this year. She never hasn't taken every single vacation and sick day available to her each year. Even stretches beyond that some. People talk about it all the time. Leaves us hanging.

She takes all the time off alloted to her and it hurts the company?  That is pretty dumb.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 10:07:40 AM »
I took my first sick day ever two Fridays ago. Boss mode fever and endless coughing/runny nose.

I mean I could have gone to work and soldiered through it, but I didn't want to get my whole department sick.

The fever contagious rule of thumb is a good one.

Thanks unruly   :thumbs:

What kind of Louisiana swamp fever did you catch?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »
I will fight you over this subject officer Rick. If you are sick stay the f*ck away from me.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:07 AM »
i had pneumonia the week before Christmas.  103 fever, body hurt.  couldn't even sleep.  missed the entire week of work.  didn't care.   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »
I've taken one sick day in about 10 years. Before I've only had PTO (no special sick days), so the sick day accumulation is kind of nice.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
the level of concern that some of you guys have about getting sick from a co-worker with a runny nose and low grade fever makes me think that your job is to make out w/ your co-workers for eight hours every day and then go home.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »
They give you sick days.. Why not use them or you could think of it as a mental health day. Who cares how you use it? Especially if they expire at the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 10:24:52 AM »
We aren't given sick days but we aren't penalized if we call in sick.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »
Does your work pay off your sick days when you leave (like vacation)? I know some places do. I'm not sure if mine does.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »
They give you sick days.. Why not use them or you could think of it as a mental health day. Who cares how you use it? Especially if they expire at the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only ppl who care about this, are "higher ups" who forgot that they use to do this when they weren't, "higher ups".

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »
i think if you're using sick days because of perceived slights in overall compensation it's probably more fair to everyone involved to just get a new job.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »
I guess the world needs worker bees. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »
Also faking sick was so great in elementary/middle school. Share your playing hookie stories here, folks.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 10:38:59 AM »
The only fake sick days i've ever taken, was after a Sunday Funday, and that was totally irresponsible. I've used sick days to help my grandma tho.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
Also faking sick was so great in elementary/middle school. Share your playing hookie stories here, folks.

1.  Go fishing
2.  See above.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »
The only fake sick days i've ever taken, was after a Sunday Funday, and that was totally irresponsible. I've used sick days to help my grandma tho.
You're telling me no one here has ever called in on a Monday after attending a Chiefs game?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 10:42:12 AM »
i had pneumonia the week before Christmas.  103 fever, body hurt.  couldn't even sleep.  missed the entire week of work.  didn't care.
Had this last fall, finally caught up on GoT and got a couple of seasons in to Breaking Bad but otherwise completely horrible was sickest I have ever been.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »

true story alert*

I am curious how that happened, especially in the days before social media

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 10:49:03 AM »
Had this last fall, finally caught up on GoT and got a couple of seasons in to Breaking Bad but otherwise completely horrible was sickest I have ever been.

pneumonia is very uncommon. bet you guys are both good to go for the next ten years or so now though. also, good thing you saved up enough sick days to where you could stay home for the duration.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »
If companies would compensate you on not taking sick days, I'd be all about it. Why do ppl with kids get to take off a billion days without judgement. Give me a reason to not want to take advantage of my benefits.  :dunno: I think that's fair.