Author Topic: Chris M and Lou?  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Dcwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Chris M and Lou?
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:01:43 PM »
While I like having Lou's fouls sometimes, I see very little situations where these two need to be on the court. Irving is a strong defender and a better offensive player than Chris. McGruds and Irving need to take up all the minutes that Chris is getting! Now while Lou gives great energy and is a good help defender, he is a bad on the ball defender and his hustle can't counteract the bad situations he puts the team in. If we are in foul trouble then I understand playing him
but we need to develop Wally for the future and I would much rather see him out there. When Wally does something wrong then he is yanked and gets killed but when Lou does something stupid then he still stays in. Doesn't make sense to me!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Chris M and Lou?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:07:35 PM »
Couple things:

Irving and Mersy don't play the same position
Don't understand the Lou hate, he plays physical and sets a tone for our team.  Plus, he's only getting 13 minutes a game.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »
Mersy should only get minutes if Sutton is in foul trouble and Mcorebs isnt getting it done for whatever reason or needs a break. 

And I don't know how you can blame anybody but Wally for his lack of minutes most games.  The kids been a walking foul.

Offline Dcwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
Almost everytime Lou fouls it ends up as an and 1! If Wally gets his minutes than it can help him dvelop! It's not just Wallys fouls that get him benched, go back and watch and see that if he does something dumb then he gets pulled right then but it's not the same with Lou!We almost didn't see Mcgruds at all in the second half yesterday because of Chris! McGruds has played very good D in the past few games so there is NO reason for Chris to play over him in the second half. It's like playing 4 versus 5 on offense!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »
Almost everytime Lou fouls it ends up as an and 1! If Wally gets his minutes than it can help him dvelop! It's not just Wallys fouls that get him benched, go back and watch and see that if he does something dumb then he gets pulled right then but it's not the same with Lou!We almost didn't see Mcgruds at all in the second half yesterday because of Chris! McGruds has played very good D in the past few games so there is NO reason for Chris to play over him in the second half. It's like playing 4 versus 5 on offense!

You should put an exclamation point at the end of that one sentence that didn't get one.  Sounded weird when I stopped yelling for one short portion of that post only to yell some more at the end.  

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
Hey, I'm with you on Mcorebs. Curious as to why he didnt play but gotta assume Frank had a reason if Rodney didnt sniff the court.

The difference between Judge and Colon is ridiculously big.  Lou puts a better body on a post player and doesnt get shoved around.  If his fouls end up as and 1s its because he is in the post mostly doing his job.  Judge's fouls are stupid away from the ball crap.  And yes, hes been pulled for other reasons but thats part of the discipline Frank puts on the Frosh especially.  

Lou does his job better than Wally does at his, although just because they are both post players doesnt mean their jobs are the same.  All for Wally's development but not at the expense of the team and there are times when its better to have Lou out there than Wally

Offline Dcwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »
Ha! It was actual an accident that it didn't get one! Also, not yelling about it but actually the ! is on the same page and easy to use on my iPhone! So everybody thinks I'm yelling in my texts as well! I'm only yelling when I put multiple !! Like I hate Lou!!!! Oh Lou!

Offline Broadway

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »
The Lu hate is always puzzling. Name another guy on the team who guards the post as physical as him. We just need him to defend, rebound and score every once in a while without committing too many errors. I think he does that.  :dunno:

And ChiCat is absolutely right about Judge. The guy gets every opportunity to play, but his productive nights are few and far between.

Offline BigPapi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
Hey, I'm with you on Mcorebs. Curious as to why he didnt play but gotta assume Frank had a reason if Rodney didnt sniff the court.

The difference between Judge and Colon is ridiculously big.  Lou puts a better body on a post player and doesnt get shoved around.  If his fouls end up as and 1s its because he is in the post mostly doing his job.  Judge's fouls are stupid away from the ball crap.  And yes, hes been pulled for other reasons but thats part of the discipline Frank puts on the Frosh especially.  

Lou does his job better than Wally does at his, although just because they are both post players doesnt mean their jobs are the same.  All for Wally's development but not at the expense of the team and there are times when its better to have Lou out there than Wally

I don't know if Frank agrees. He used Judge exclusively on the toothless white guy that uk has. He seems to really appreciate the job Judge did afterward.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »
Lou is rarely a liability on the court.  SAme with merrs.  They don't turn it over, they rebound and defend.  If sutton and samuels weren't such Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) foul machines we don't have this convo.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
Lou is rarely a liability on the court.  SAme with merrs.  They don't turn it over, they rebound and defend.  If sutton and samuels weren't such Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) foul machines we don't have this convo.

Mersy is a liability on offense.  Anytime a 2 or 3 can sag off their man that far it makes it very difficult to get the ball into the paint. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »
Frank doesn't care about that.

Offline Dcwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 02:41:33 PM »
To say Lou isn't a liability on the court IMO is crazy! In the Texas game, he turned it over on one end and gave up an and 1 lay-up on the other! He then was pulled from the game and didn't see the court again.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »
every player on the court turns the ball over dumbass.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 02:42:50 PM »
To say Lou isn't a liability on the court IMO is crazy! In the Texas game, he turned it over on one end and gave up an and 1 lay-up on the other! He then was pulled from the game and didn't see the court again.

Everyone on the team has had eff ups like that at some point this season.  Stupid talking point.  

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »
Colon was better than Judge yesterday on the offensive end.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »
Lou is rarely a liability on the court.  SAme with merrs.  They don't turn it over, they rebound and defend.  If sutton and samuels weren't such Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) foul machines we don't have this convo.

Merrs is actually a liability quite often. Zero offensive threat and his D isn't great, especially on-ball. He's a good rebounder for his size, and loves to take a charge, but that's about all he brings to the table.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
I didn't say he was great, or that I don't agree with you.  But frank Martin does.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »

When you go back and watch the Texas game, Lou played great minus a couple screw ups like you mentioned.  I thought he was garbage after that game, but after rewatching it I realize how off I was on his play.  Lou brings more to the table then your crediting, and like someone said, his minutes aren't that high.

Offline Dcwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

Everyone on the team has had shazbot! ups like that at some point this season.  Stupid talking point.  

My only point was that Lou is a liability! For people to say that he isn't is crazy! Does Wally do dumb things, of course. I just think that Frank trust Lou sometimes too much b/c he is a senior but I think Lou's downfalls hurt us. Frank wins and Frank gets paid to coach so I trust him!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »

Everyone on the team has had shazbot! ups like that at some point this season.  Stupid talking point.  

My only point was that Lou is a liability! For people to say that he isn't is crazy! Does Wally do dumb things, of course. I just think that Frank trust Lou sometimes too much b/c he is a senior but I think Lou's downfalls hurt us. Frank wins and Frank gets paid to coach so I trust him!

He only plays 13 minutes and is less of a liability than Wally.  What more do you want?  Play Wally 40 minutes?  He'll foul out 3 times.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »

Everyone on the team has had shazbot! ups like that at some point this season.  Stupid talking point. 

He only plays 13 minutes and is less of a liability than Wally.  What more do you want?  Play Wally 40 minutes?  He'll foul out 3 times.
sorry but no.  you can only foul out one time per game.  might want to learn the rules before posting here newbie.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
I think he just wants us to win every game and never make a mistake.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »

My only point was that Lou is a liability! For people to say that he isn't is crazy! Does Wally do dumb things, of course. I just think that Frank trust Lou sometimes too much b/c* he is a senior but I think Lou's downfalls hurt us. Frank wins and Frank gets paid to coach so I trust him!

:flush:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »

The difference between Judge and Colon is ridiculously big.  Lou puts a better body on a post player and doesnt get shoved around.  If his fouls end up as and 1s its because he is in the post mostly doing his job.  Judge's fouls are stupid away from the ball crap.  And yes, hes been pulled for other reasons but thats part of the discipline Frank puts on the Frosh especially. 

Lou does his job better than Wally does at his, although just because they are both post players doesnt mean their jobs are the same.  All for Wally's development but not at the expense of the team and there are times when its better to have Lou out there than Wally

I don't know if Frank agrees. He used Judge exclusively on the toothless white guy that uk has. He seems to really appreciate the job Judge did afterward.

I think Wally played his best game against uk and was appreciative as well, but if you if think holding the toothless white guy to 18 pts, 16 rebs is a success, then you're absurd.  Wally played good offensively, rebounded well, and for about the first time this season showed he can play at least 24 minutes before fouling out.  He did not play great defensively.