Author Topic: Hilton Magic  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Hilton Magic
« on: February 05, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
 :flush:

Talk about an overused, unwarranted label for a "home-court advantage."

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Hilton Magic
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
You know who can go f^ck themseles?  Hilton Honors.  I have almost 200k of these sons of bitches and they just devalued the f^ck out of them.  I used to be able to stay at the Manhattan Hampton for 20k but now it's 25k.  At elite locations like Honolulu it went from 40k to 50k.  I didn't bust my ass travelling for work and staying at your hotels to get disrespected like this.  I'm angry as a mother f^cker.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »
You know who can go f^ck themseles?  Hilton Honors.  I have almost 200k of these sons of bitches and they just devalued the f^ck out of them.  I used to be able to stay at the Manhattan Hampton for 20k but now it's 25k.  At elite locations like Honolulu it went from 40k to 50k.  I didn't bust my ass travelling for work and staying at your hotels to get disrespected like this.  I'm angry as a mother f^cker.

Holiday Inn is running some promo to pretty much point out that Hilton Honors are assholes.  Kinda a stupid fracking promo though seeing as how nobody wins anything.  They just want to make sure everyone knows Hilton are assholes.  Really a stupid time to do this too seeing as how crappy economy = people valuaing the crap out of their points.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 10:19:13 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 10:23:42 PM »

Holiday Inn is running some promo to pretty much point out that Hilton Honors are assholes.  Kinda a stupid fracking promo though seeing as how nobody wins anything.  They just want to make sure everyone knows Hilton are assholes.  Really a stupid time to do this too seeing as how crappy economy = people valuaing the crap out of their points.

Yeah, I entered and 'print-screened' my Hilton Honors points to see if I win something yesterday.  I'm a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for Hotel/Airline miles. 

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 10:27:26 PM »
Totally loving the Holiday Inn life now. Somehow I got signed up for some deal where like every fourth or fifth stay is free. :dunno: Plus (in small towns) they usually give you a better room than you're supposed to have, anyways. The incredible savings almost make me want to order Spectravision.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 10:35:55 PM »
Totally loving the Holiday Inn life now. Somehow I got signed up for some deal where like every fourth or fifth stay is free. :dunno: Plus (in small towns) they usually give you a better room than you're supposed to have, anyways. The incredible savings almost make me want to order Spectravision.

Nowhere I go other than Manhattan has a serviceable Holiday Inn.  Am I supposed to roll into NYC and find a HDI so crash at?  F^ck that.  I am all Westin, St. Regis, Sheraton, W, Le Meridian now. 

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »

Nowhere I go other than Manhattan has a serviceable Holiday Inn.  Am I supposed to roll into NYC and find a HDI so crash at?  F^ck that.  I am all Westin, St. Regis, Sheraton, W, Le Meridian now. 

You can use PC points at a Hotel Indigo (boutique style in bigger cities) and Intercontinentals.  Those two don't usually suck.  But I'm with you on the rest of it.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 10:41:58 PM »

lol. Of course old style Holiday Inns suck. Ever hear of an HIE? :facepalm:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 10:47:47 PM »

lol. Of course old style Holiday Inns suck. Ever hear of an HIE? :facepalm:

pffffttttt

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
The Holiday Inn in Manhattan is the best place to stay in town, by far.  Unfortunately, outside of Manhattan it kinda sucks. 

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 11:39:06 PM »
The Holiday Inn in Manhattan is the best place to stay in town, by far.  Unfortunately, outside of Manhattan it kinda sucks. 

Disagree. Are you kidding? HIE in Rapid City can go up against any $350+ per night hotel room. Plus Express continental breakfast (specifically little biscuits and sausage gravy) rulez.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 11:41:53 PM »

Disagree. Are you kidding? HIE in Rapid City can go up against any $350+ per night hotel room. Plus Express continental breakfast (specifically little biscuits and sausage gravy) rulez.

JFC, who goes to Rapid City?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 11:43:08 PM »
I always try to stay at a Drury Inn.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »

ppl with jobs, tourists, bikers, dads, moms, brothers, sisters, passersby...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 11:54:24 PM »

Just googled Rapid City to see which state it was in and determined for sure that I will never be there.  Please leave this tread for discussion of Hilton Magic or hotels in cities that mean something. 

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 11:59:23 PM »

Just googled Rapid City to see which state it was in and determined for sure that I will never be there.  Please leave this tread for discussion of Hilton Magic or hotels in cities that mean something. 

Fine. Let's talk OMAHA what you got? :flush:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »
The Holiday Inn in Manhattan is the best place to stay in town, by far.  Unfortunately, outside of Manhattan it kinda sucks.  

Just googled Rapid City to see which state it was in and determined for sure that I will never be there.  Please leave this tread for discussion of Hilton Magic or hotels in cities that mean something.  

Well, 10 different Hilton properties and nobody who thinks Waynes World is funny.  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:06:40 AM by steve dave »

The42Yardstick

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »
The Holiday Inn in Manhattan is the best place to stay in town, by far.  Unfortunately, outside of Manhattan it kinda sucks.  

Just googled Rapid City to see which state it was in and determined for sure that I will never be there.  Please leave this tread for discussion of Hilton Magic or hotels in cities that mean something.  

Well, 10 different Hilton properties and nobody who thinks Waynes World is funny.  

JFC :lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 06:27:43 AM »
Part of the recent success in Ames is due to the fact our guys are used to playing in octagonal buildings.  Plus the Octagon of Magic is nothing compared to the Octagon of Doom.

catzacker

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 09:00:25 AM »
you people are just asking for it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 11:06:36 AM »
you people are just asking for it.

yeah.  it's crazy.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:36 AM »
I've stayed in Rapid City before.   It's by Mt. Rushmore.  Also, remember growing up how a "holidome" was like a huge deal when you traveled?  Yeah.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
Once I stayed in the Budget Motel in Gallup, NM.  Floors were sloped so when you slept on the bed you slid off the end.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 11:20:04 AM »
LOL at paying top-shelf prices for a hotel in NY. Like paying 20$ for a "premium" corn cob in Iowa.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."