Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 110240 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #800 on: October 21, 2021, 09:56:19 AM »
When is Myers retiring?  I was thinking there would be more smoke around the hiring of a new UP by now.   

From what I heard, they've just about got the search committee together.  That process isn't going anywhere soon

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 21, 2021, 09:59:51 AM »
:confused:

Start at the 25 second mark.  I guess it's still relevant today, "we've got a long ways to go", but that was stated 2 1/2 years ago.  What's changed??  He took them to a bowl game in year one........
Well for one thing, we lost our all-conference DE who left early, Khalid Duke got hurt, and none of our other DEs besides Felix are good enough right now.  Meanwhile, our only upperclassmen Linebackers are Fletcher and Green, neither of which are good enough. 

I think we're paying the piper for the total whiffs in recruiting during the twilight of Snyder, along with some pretty brutal injuries at key positions (Thompson/Duke).  Our margins were always going to be pretty thin, given the lack of depth, and when you have injuries at certain spots (which are probably going to happen) it can really hurt.  Especially when you're playing 3 of the conference's 4 or 5 best teams in a row.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2021, 10:02:01 AM »
was anyone complaining about the extension at the time it was announced? I think people were wondering why it was done during the pandemic budget crunch but was anyone really upset? seriously don't remember.
I think what was upsetting to me is that we didn’t appear to try and match Hazelton’s salary (yet Klieman gets a raise). I think this year probably looks different if he’s the coordinator.  But someone had suggested that we started to talk about the 3-3-5 when hazelton was here and that could have been another reason he wasn’t staying.  All guesses but an interesting thought either way.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2021, 10:03:37 AM »

Start at the 25 second mark.  I guess it's still relevant today, "we've got a long ways to go", but that was stated 2 1/2 years ago.  What's changed??  He took them to a bowl game in year one........
Well for one thing, we lost our all-conference DE who left early, Khalid Duke got hurt, and none of our other DEs besides Felix are good enough right now.  Meanwhile, our only upperclassmen Linebackers are Fletcher and Green, neither of which are good enough. 

I think we're paying the piper for the total whiffs in recruiting during the twilight of Snyder, along with some pretty brutal injuries at key positions (Thompson/Duke).  Our margins were always going to be pretty thin, given the lack of depth, and when you have injuries at certain spots (which are probably going to happen) it can really hurt.  Especially when you're playing 3 of the conference's 4 or 5 best teams in a row.

Would agree that Snyder is still accountable for a portion of the roster (or lack thereof) that has provided us little upperclassmen who can produce. That being said, at what point do we start holding this staff accountable for their inability to recruit? Year 4? Year 5?

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 21, 2021, 10:06:48 AM »

Would agree that Snyder is still accountable for a portion of the roster (or lack thereof) that has provided us little upperclassmen who can produce. That being said, at what point do we start holding this staff accountable for their inability to recruit? Year 4? Year 5?
I guess when he's responsible for most of the roster.  I'm not really going to hold his feet to the fire too much for the '19 class, given that he didn't even start until midish december.

From the early returns, the '20 class looks great.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 21, 2021, 10:08:15 AM »

It should start now and ramp up by next year if things aren't trending.   They've really got to nail it this year and in the transfer portal. 

Don't pay any attention to the usual suspects who rage out at every perceived slight of K-State.    Real world discussion about the factual realities are going on here.

I again will note the total failure of the previous staff and head coach to properly recruit at the Power 5 level, but we're rapidly approaching the period when this staff fully owns that process. 

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 21, 2021, 10:09:34 AM »

It should start now and ramp up by next year if things aren't trending.   They've really got to nail it this year and in the transfer portal. 

Don't pay any attention to the usual suspects who rage out at every perceived slight of K-State.    Real world discussion about the factual realities are going on here.

I again will note the total failure of the previous staff and head coach to properly recruit at the Power 5 level, but we're rapidly approaching the period when this staff fully owns that process.
FWIW, I will say that the losses on the recruiting trail are disappointing and concerning.  But they lost plenty in '20 too, and given the quick progression of guys like Hadley Panser, I kind of trust this staff to be able to scramble if they need to.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #807 on: October 21, 2021, 10:09:39 AM »
It could be worse guys, KU has had the bad luck in playing the top 9 conference teams for several years in a row now.

(trigger warning for wacky: I'm joking)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 21, 2021, 10:22:43 AM »
I'm good. :cheers: :cheers: I'm happy I'm a sensible fan. I got too worked up over this crap in my 20's. Now I go off the eye test. Kli has it. He'll be fine.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 21, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »
was anyone complaining about the extension at the time it was announced? I think people were wondering why it was done during the pandemic budget crunch but was anyone really upset? seriously don't remember.

Yes, it absolutely infuriated everyone on the academic side of the university (WGAF though right?), and a significant amount of people within the AD (everyone making 100k+ was working at a discount last year)

If you're talking about the fanbase, the smart ones weren't happy about it, especially the optics of it all.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 21, 2021, 11:02:38 AM »
In case anyone wants to lookup buyouts for comparision.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/coach

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 21, 2021, 11:16:36 AM »
For what we're getting, better the 25th highest buyout than the 25th highest salary.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 21, 2021, 11:27:01 AM »
Probably purple apathy and stupid fitz

I thought it was weird and unnecessary at the time but didn't really look into enough to see what the buyout was. Had I known or realized that we gave a D2 coach an enormous buyout for no reason at all other than his pal gave it to him, I prob would have complained.  :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 21, 2021, 11:34:37 AM »
Will you stop being a dumbass and calling him a D2 coach? It's very idiotic and annoying, which is probably what you're going for, or you're just ignorant and stupid. Either way, it's dumb.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:57:27 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 21, 2021, 11:35:56 AM »
When is Myers retiring?  I was thinking there would be more smoke around the hiring of a new UP by now.   

From what I heard, they've just about got the search committee together.  That process isn't going anywhere soon

God I hope we don’t eff this up again
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »
Will you stop being a dumbass and calling him a D2 coach? It's very idiotic and annoying, which is probably what you're going for, or you're just arrogant and stupid. Either way, it's dumb.

Yup, it's called FCS.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2021, 11:48:17 AM »
I'm OK with calling him a D2 coach FWIW

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2021, 11:54:21 AM »
Probably purple apathy and stupid fitz

I thought it was weird and unnecessary at the time but didn't really look into enough to see what the buyout was. Had I known or realized that we gave a D2 coach an enormous buyout for no reason at all other than his pal gave it to him, I prob would have complained.  :dunno:

Again, the Fargo Progressive Dinner Club has taken over our athletic department and it's just buds payin buds here.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2021, 11:54:47 AM »
Because you like being a smart ass?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2021, 11:58:19 AM »
Will you stop being a dumbass and calling him a D2 coach? It's very idiotic and annoying, which is probably what you're going for, or you're just ignorant and stupid. Either way, it's dumb.

Yup, it's called FCS.
Yup and before that, it was D1-AA. Stop acting like we just hired a coach from Washburn.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 21, 2021, 12:16:27 PM »
D2

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 21, 2021, 12:16:59 PM »
Because you like being a smart ass?

perhaps

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 21, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Sorry Wacky, I wasn't even being a smart ass, I had no idea which not real CFB division he was in before. I'll stop being mean to you, I'm sure CK will be the only other guy besides Harbaugh and Tressel to survive D1 CFB. I really hope we can add his name to that extremely tiny list that should really only include Tressel because Harbaugh was a known commodity and had that as an advantage. Plus, I can guarantee, CK will do it "the right way" as opposed to Tressel who was a huge dirtbag cheater coach, which will make our future championships even more glorious.

Go Cats

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 21, 2021, 12:28:36 PM »
He's Double A, guys.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire