Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1051422 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1525 on: January 30, 2017, 10:25:36 PM »
They already instructed DHS to ignore federal judges, too.

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/826272670618640384

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 30, 2017, 10:26:07 PM »
Trump fires obama appointed AG who refused to do her job. :zzz:  wgaf

Checks and balances is obviously overrated if you just want to get crap done.

FSD is correct, it really isn't a big deal this woman got fired, she didn't follow a direct order and she's just a fill in. What's funny is that this baboon keeps finding himself in these shitty unprecedented situations that reflect poorly on his leadership.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1527 on: January 30, 2017, 10:29:41 PM »
Agree with mir
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:37 PM »

Don't post that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) crap in here

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 30, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »

This doesn't work for me. It's the same stupid crap republicans did to delegitimize the ACA. There is nothing in the constitution that the ACA violated. There's nothing in the constitution expressly prohibiting that president to allow people from Africa as the middle east into the country. Nor does the constitution state you are entitled to disagree with your boss without consequence.

He's just a shitty human doing shitty human things. All people of faith should be leaning on their teachings here, but this isn't a constitutional battle.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: January 30, 2017, 10:36:50 PM »
Unfortunately most people's faith has been co-opted by the extremist right and people are actively using their faith to be just as, if not more shitty than Bannon's puppet. Faith isn't going to stop this

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 30, 2017, 10:47:59 PM »

Holy crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 30, 2017, 10:56:36 PM »
Such a petulant little cheeto

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 30, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »

This doesn't work for me. It's the same stupid crap republicans did to delegitimize the ACA. There is nothing in the constitution that the ACA violated. There's nothing in the constitution expressly prohibiting that president to allow people from Africa as the middle east into the country. Nor does the constitution state you are entitled to disagree with your boss without consequence.

He's just a shitty human doing shitty human things. All people of faith should be leaning on their teachings here, but this isn't a constitutional battle.

Yates said she wasn't sure the order was legal. Whether or not she meant Constitutional, the takeaway is still the same. It's absolutely not her job to do whatever the President says.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 30, 2017, 11:09:13 PM »

:lol: This level of dumbassery needs to be preserved.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 30, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »

:lol: This level of dumbassery needs to be preserved.

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/826255502946467848

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 31, 2017, 02:29:49 AM »

Yates said she wasn't sure the order was legal. Whether or not she meant Constitutional, the takeaway is still the same. It's absolutely not her job to do whatever the President says.

I have zero issues with what she did or her rationale, my issue is with the Ellison tweet.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 31, 2017, 04:09:01 AM »

You are in error about the laws and how they apply. There is a reason why the stay was granted.  Further the bigger crisis is that after a legal, unchallenged stay was granted CBP continued to unconstitutionally prohibit the right to counsel and due process. 

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/01/here_are_all_the_parts_of_the_constitution_trump_s_muslim_ban_violates.html?client=ms-android-sprint-us
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 31, 2017, 06:47:02 AM »

I have zero issues with what she did or her rationale, my issue is with the Ellison tweet.

My issue is with what Trump did. I'm not at all surprised by it. And maybe there would have been zero transition and she would have been out the second Trump's guy was approved, anyway. But the general principle acted on here, and the message that was sent, is that Trump will fire anyone he can who doesn't do whatever he wants regardless. That's very bad.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 31, 2017, 07:08:51 AM »

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 31, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
Smdh

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 31, 2017, 07:54:16 AM »
Republican hypocrisy is at an all time high. Please KSU-W and dax, defend your boy Sessions and that video. Sally Yates did exactly what she should have

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 31, 2017, 07:55:44 AM »
I think a lot of people are waking up to the fact that the old way of things that included very serious deliberation and norms and Institutions was just a gaudy mask for the true nature of power. Trump doesn't care about any of these things and has ripped off the mask to reveal the ugly gears of power grinding away.  It is just people in power doing what they can with the power they have.

People tend to get reacquainted with the incredible power the President has each time the president isn't from their party. The post-9/11 presidential powers that W/Obama have amassed (NSA/FBI/FISA, CIA deep state, vast covert action powers/drones) combined with the post WW2 permanent war powers given to the President regarding nuclear weapons leave the opposition rightly being able to charge that we have an imperial presidency.

Hopefully, people begin to question how we can unwind some of this. I'm not overly optimistic about it given the bipartisan consensus on the imperial presidency, but if Trump is going to careen from one crisis to another and people are motivated to resist him, then perhaps some powers can be rolled back, if not now, then based on the memories of Trump's failings.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 31, 2017, 07:57:31 AM »
So the Supreme Court pick is "live at 8pm" what crazy crap does he do before then?  :excited:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: January 31, 2017, 09:27:47 AM »

It absolute is, and she has an ethical duty to advocate or withdraw. This reflects poorly on her as an attorney and on the administration that assured everyone they'd cooperate in the transition.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: January 31, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »
It absolutely is not.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 31, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »
I think a lot of people are waking up to the fact that the old way of things that included very serious deliberation and norms and Institutions was just a gaudy mask for the true nature of power. Drumpf doesn't care about any of these things and has ripped off the mask to reveal the ugly gears of power grinding away.  It is just people in power doing what they can with the power they have.

People tend to get reacquainted with the incredible power the President has each time the president isn't from their party. The post-9/11 presidential powers that W/Obama have amassed (NSA/FBI/FISA, CIA deep state, vast covert action powers/drones) combined with the post WW2 permanent war powers given to the President regarding nuclear weapons leave the opposition rightly being able to charge that we have an imperial presidency.

Hopefully, people begin to question how we can unwind some of this. I'm not overly optimistic about it given the bipartisan consensus on the imperial presidency, but if Drumpf is going to careen from one crisis to another and people are motivated to resist him, then perhaps some powers can be rolled back, if not now, then based on the memories of Drumpf's failings.

Pretty much the heart of it. The presidency as an office has grown leaps of power since LBJ and Nixon were in office. The :lol: part I'm enjoying is at anyone defending though the orange one. I mean, he's doing what he said he do, but the insanity he brings to the whole thing is going to collapse on itself eventually.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 31, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »
If I was one who supported what Trump said he would do I'd be most pissed that he is fumbling each of these things from a PR perspective and boiling the water too fast