Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 291271 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »
All these "Oregon will catch up eventually" tards will look good in clown suits when they lose to usc

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »
All these "Oregon will catch up eventually" tards will look good in clown suits when they lose to usc

That game starts an hour before ours against Oklahoma State.  Imagine how rowdy the Bill will get when they announce USC's victory over Oregon :drool:

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #352 on: October 29, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »

That game starts an hour before ours against Oklahoma State.  Imagine how rowdy the Bill will get when they announce USC's victory over Oregon :drool:

jfc :ohno:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 29, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »

that's a gotdamn curse!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:44 AM »

50 percent chance our game gets over first.   :dubious:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 29, 2012, 12:29:52 AM »

that's a gotdamn curse!

:powerespect:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »
They won't announce the score, it'll just be in the lower left corner of the screen

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2012, 01:15:03 AM »
Don't let the bastards grind you down, qatzmanchu.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »

that's a gotdamn curse!

i was 12. 12 years old.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 29, 2012, 06:51:16 AM »
 :pray:
Don't let the bastards grind you down, qatzmanchu.

Dont you worry. I got that chip squarely on my shoulder. I will not be hoodwinked by a nice rating when all this media hate abounds.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 29, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »

Thank you. Someone finally gets it. Oregon needs to get beat for all of us tards to get clownsuited.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2012, 07:51:08 AM »
not interested in your guess dork.  like, using the massey ratings with the 4 teams combined what is the statistical probibility.  that's what I'm looking for

Massey simulation results for probability of going undefeated
Bama - 88.15%
ND - 57.41%
KSU - 54.43%
Oregon - 48.84%

All 4 teams - 13.45%
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »

that's a gotdamn curse!

I was there.  Was awful.  Reliving that would be  :barf:.  That's not :powerespect:, that's human nature.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:45 AM »

that's a gotdamn curse!

I was there.  Was awful.  Reliving that would be  :barf:.  That's not :powerespect:, that's human nature.

I was there too, since we were both there we both know that we led when the UCLA game went final.  We also both know we extended our lead after the UCLA game ended. 

I don't believe in Santa, the easter bunny, unicorns, curses, and scoreboard jinxes.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »
You don't have to believe in jinxes, to note similarities to past events.  That sucked.

But you're right.  People who spend lots of time thinking and caring and writing message board posts about a bunch of college kids running around on some plastic grass chasing a ball (like both of us!  :cheers:) are entirely rational!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
not interested in your guess dork.  like, using the massey ratings with the 4 teams combined what is the statistical probibility.  that's what I'm looking for

Bama - 88.15%
ND - 57.41%
KSU - 54.43%
Oregon - 48.84%

All 4 teams - 13.45%

#notWorried

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »

Oh man.  I cant do 1998 again. 

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »
It seems weird that Alabama has the highest percentage to win out when they have easily the toughest schedule left.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

Oh man.  I cant do 1998 again.

:sdeek:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

Bama - 88.15%
ND - 57.41%
KSU - 54.43%
Oregon - 48.84%

All 4 teams - 13.45%

It blows my mind that alabama's chances are that high. They play a top 5 team on the road this weekend.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »

Bama - 88.15%
ND - 57.41%
KSU - 54.43%
Oregon - 48.84%

All 4 teams - 13.45%

Seems like a 1 in 14 chance.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »

Bama - 88.15%
ND - 57.41%
KSU - 54.43%
Oregon - 48.84%

All 4 teams - 13.45%

It blows my mind that alabama's chances are that high. They play a top 5 team on the road this weekend.

I've never seen the media blow a team as hard as Alabama this season. They really haven't done anything this year so it's all based on their win over a good but not great LSU team last season. Based on that one game the media and Vegas are treating them like they are the 85 Bears its disgusting.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
We should of beat pigaggie and this wouldnt even be an issue. Damn mouthbreathers.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 29, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »

Bama - 88.15%
ND - 57.41%
KSU - 54.43%
Oregon - 48.84%

All 4 teams - 13.45%

I've never seen the media blow a team as hard as Alabama this season. They really haven't done anything this year so it's all based on their win over a good but not great LSU team last season. Based on that one game the media and Vegas are treating them like they are the 85 Bears its disgusting.

Some of what you say is valid, but none of it has any bearing on the Massey %.  This is all computer. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 29, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
How will we all survive without the fantastic ability to plagarize from Kellis?  Definately won't pay for this sorry excuse for a newspaper.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/blog/morning_call/2012/10/kansas-city-star-erects-paywall-for.html?ana=e_kan_rdup&s=newsletter&ed=2012-10-29
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.