Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4094918 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #23200 on: November 30, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »
“@TheShoeAtOSU: Several sources say Big Ten has approved #GeorgiaTech to the BIG. They will be number 15 #big 10 #B1Ghaters”

I kinda wanted GT, if for no other reason than easy flights to games...and I'm platinum on Delta. :fatty:

But, any departure from the ACC is a step toward FSU in the Big 12, right?  So, good news.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #23201 on: November 30, 2012, 07:12:47 AM »
“@TheShoeAtOSU: Several sources say Big Ten has approved #GeorgiaTech to the BIG. They will be number 15 #big 10 #B1Ghaters”

ku will be #16

Take it somewhere else.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #23202 on: November 30, 2012, 07:28:30 AM »

I kinda wanted GT, if for no other reason than easy flights to games...and I'm platinum on Delta. :fatty:

This is why if we go to 14 I'm hoping #14 is Pitt. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23203 on: November 30, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »

Ah, a US Air man.   :thumbs:   An NC school would be too much to ask for, but that would work as well.

If GT goes, or anyone for that matter from the ACC, before they have more definitive public info on the status of the ACC buyout penalty, does it make the tales of the big 10 10's upcoming windfall with their new deal more credible, or does it seem that the buyout cost will much lower, or both?

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23204 on: November 30, 2012, 07:45:22 AM »
Big 10. Woof.

Poor GT, if true. And KU is not that stupid. They're not going anywhere.

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23205 on: November 30, 2012, 08:05:53 AM »

If GT is # 15, then a Kentucky, Virginia, or a North Carolina school makes the most sense to round out the big 10!
But when has any of this had to make sense?

Unless of course ND could be made to go as a full member.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23206 on: November 30, 2012, 08:09:43 AM »
The BIG is going to hold out for ND.  Always have been and always will be.  Unless they have some under the table deal where they can just boot someone else at the drop of a hat to bring them in.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23207 on: November 30, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
Tim_Matty247 @Tim_Matty247
Sources are indicating that the #big 10 has approved #GT as its 15th member. Stay tuned... @CFravel247 @Clemson247

The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV
I can't share details right now but the damn is about to break & the B12 will be Great.

The Dude of WV @theDudeofWV
@louciaccia GT is gone. The ACC knows it.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23208 on: November 30, 2012, 08:18:34 AM »
If the big 10 picks off G-Tech I wouldn't be surprised to see Virginia go.  I know they took Rutgers, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see Syracuse come into play if this is really about the New York, Eastern market. 
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23209 on: November 30, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »
Dude is getting luked to the point where luke is embarrassed for him and he is spouting off with vague i can't share deets posts.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23210 on: November 30, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »

Always though WVU need a traditional rival and Pitt makes since. After all we are not going to bring in Marshall, are we?
RIP Fatty

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23211 on: November 30, 2012, 08:24:05 AM »
If the big 10 picks off G-Tech I wouldn't be surprised to see Virginia go.  I know they took Rutgers, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see Syracuse come into play if this is really about the New York, Eastern market.

The magic combination seems to be big market + school that needs cash.  :dunno:  BC?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23212 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »
With big 10 going to 15 and invading the SEC market, the SEC has to feel compelled to expand as well. NC, Duke, and Virginia Tech are the only targets left that will work.
RIP Fatty

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23213 on: November 30, 2012, 08:34:11 AM »
i think it sucks we don't play nebraska anymore and i miss them. 

:dunno:

Yeah, that's you and the rest of us aren't dumbasses for not feeling like you.  I was on the field after those games in 98 and 2000 and I want to win on Saturday just as much as I did then.
my point is is that it's a huge exaggeration to say that fans "don't care" when their rival leaves the conference.  we do care, to some degree, right?  why wouldn't we care?  k-state will go on, of course, but if k-state loses KU, i think k-state loses part of our identity, and vice versa.  when would tons of k-state freshman travel to lawrence and jaw at their high school buddies who decided to go to ku?  what coworkers would we razz around the watercooler on monday?  what billboards would we paint? 

k-state would go on, of course, but if ku left, it would suck for both fanbases.  obviously new rivalries would form, but man, i have never met a single Florida State.

Why does KU have to be in our conference for us to play them every year?

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23214 on: November 30, 2012, 08:39:23 AM »

Supposedly Virginia & Virginia Tech will never be broken up...big political issue in that state & the powers that be will never allow it to happen

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23215 on: November 30, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »

Supposedly Virginia & Virginia Tech will never be broken up...big political issue in that state & the powers that be will never allow it to happen

Well, they used to be apart.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23216 on: November 30, 2012, 08:40:07 AM »

cough Texas cough cough
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23217 on: November 30, 2012, 08:45:29 AM »

Yes, and the powers that be pulled every string they had to get them united in the ACC, and won't allow them to be split again...that was according to one of the thousand or so "experts" that has been on the radios this week, can't remember which one, but I trust him more than the Dude

Offline thebigcatbowski

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23218 on: November 30, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »

Yes, and the powers that be pulled every string they had to get them united in the ACC, and won't allow them to be split again...that was according to one of the thousand or so "experts" that has been on the radios this week, can't remember which one, but I trust him more than the Dude

I'm sure that won't change at all when the politicians realize that being tied together will just drown them both in the Big East 2.0.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23219 on: November 30, 2012, 08:52:47 AM »
That public statement thing from UVA espousing their commitment to the ACC was strange.

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23220 on: November 30, 2012, 09:01:02 AM »
That public statement thing from UVA espousing their commitment to the ACC was strange.
What did UVA say?

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23221 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
Kinda shocking that Pete using phog talking points hooked so many posters

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23222 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »
What did UVA say?

:dance:

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23223 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:12 AM »
I hope conferences realign every year. forever.

It's like a never ending amazing spanish sports soap opera.

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23224 on: November 30, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »
What did UVA say?

:dance:

Can't listen to youtube at work, is this it?:

Craig Littlepage issued the following Statement last night around 6:12pm concerning UVA and the ACC.

"During the past week there have been numerous reports and rumors linking the University of Virginia to interest in membership in other athletic conferences. Due to the recent changes that have taken place with conference realignment around the nation, I think it is important for us to put an end to this speculation as it relates to UVa.

"The University of Virginia is a proud member of the Atlantic Coast Conference. Neither representatives of the athletics department, nor President Teresa Sullivan, has received invitations to nor sought membership in other conferences. The ACC's commitment to its members and their student-athletes is the finest in the country. We look forward to continuing this relationship far into the future. Our goal is to continue supporting the ACC and its initiatives for long-term success.

"I have expressed this stance to ACC Commissioner John Swofford, and I want to take this opportunity to express that same commitment to our alumni, fans, supporters, student-athletes and coaches. We firmly stand behind the Atlantic Coast Conference."