Over 6
5 (19.2%)
Under 6
13 (50%)
Break
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: February 04, 2017, 12:16:21 PM

Author Topic: Over/Under 6 wins for the rest of the regular season  (Read 3985 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Over/Under 6 wins for the rest of the regular season
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 09:43:14 AM »
I would like to think we can beat the Texas teams.  I would not be suprised to lose.the reat.
yeah Im hoping we beat all the texas teams and oSu then a tossup win between either @ou or ISU

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 09:57:36 AM »
I think @TCU will be difficult for us. OSU might give us trouble as well. They are playing a lot better than they were when we beat them.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »
The schedule makers may have done us some favors this season. After this weekend, we are finished playing the top three teams in the conference. We have a great chance to finish the season with some momentum (though I'm not optimistic we will).

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »
The biggest disappointment is having 3 home Big 12 losses at this point, that's just not something you can afford to do. With 3 Top 10 teams currently in our league, I can understand 1 or 2, but 3 is inexcusable. A reasonable minimum expectation every season is 7-2 at home and 3-6 on the road in this league. oscar's hope to save this season are now 6-3 and 3-6; 3-0 at home and 1-3 on the road from here on out.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 12:41:17 PM »
would 2-1 and 2-2 be a horrible failure then?  home court is important, but it's like a 3 point effect (probably legitimately a little more at bramlage).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »
The biggest disappointment is having 3 home Big 12 losses at this point, that's just not something you can afford to do. With 3 Top 10 teams currently in our league, I can understand 1 or 2, but 3 is inexcusable. A reasonable minimum expectation every season is 7-2 at home and 3-6 on the road in this league. oscar's hope to save this season are now 6-3 and 3-6; 3-0 at home and 1-3 on the road from here on out.

I agree with your first sentence. Ku BU and WV have 4 combined home losses. Isu has 2.  We still have 1/3 of the games to play too.  So home losses do happen even to the great teams and teams with great home crowds.

We have 3 losses and no guarantee we don't end 5-4. 7-2 is totally acceptable whether it was 2 losses to the Top 3 schools or going 2-1 vs those 3 and dropping 1 to a middle pack team like TCU/Isu.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
would 2-1 and 2-2 be a horrible failure then?  home court is important, but it's like a 3 point effect (probably legitimately a little more at bramlage).

Disappointing in a way, but not terrible. Any combo that gets to a 4-3 finish isn't a failure.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »

The way I read this is to say: "we really mumped up by losing to TCU at home." 

The "oh no, we ALREADY have 3 home losses" freak out is otherwise silly.  We lost to two of the best teams in the country at home, and avenged one of those losses (came very close to avenging both) on the road.  I don't see our losing those games as an indicator that we are going to lose other home games against the bottom half of the conference.  Like many people, I am not confident about our ability to close out this season strong, but most people have us in the Tournament right now because they see that being the more likely outcome as opposed to a collapse during the easier part of our schedule.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
The biggest disappointment is having 3 home Big 12 losses at this point, that's just not something you can afford to do. With 3 Top 10 teams currently in our league, I can understand 1 or 2, but 3 is inexcusable.

A reasonable minimum expectation every season is 7-2 at home and 3-6 on the road in this league. oscar's hope to save this season are now 6-3 and 3-6; 3-0 at home and 1-3 on the road from here on out.

The way I read this is to say: "we really mumped up by losing to TCU at home." 

The "oh no, we ALREADY have 3 home losses" freak out is otherwise silly.  We lost to two of the best teams in the country at home, and avenged one of those losses (came very close to avenging both) on the road.  I don't see our losing those games as an indicator that we are going to lose other home games against the bottom half of the conference.  Like many people, I am not confident about our ability to close out this season strong, but most people have us in the Tournament right now because they see that being the more likely outcome then a collapse during the easier part of our schedule.

I don't think we disagree. You did read the part in bold, right?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »
We don't disagree.  My point was wording it the way you did took away from the only apparent problem (crap performance vs. TCU when we needed it).

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
 :Yuck:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 04:05:52 PM »
Winless at home in February and people still think this guy should be in charge. Geeeez.....

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »
how many peeps will be at the last home game if we lose the next 2??

Answer:  not very many
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2017, 01:33:46 PM »
I'm on team lose - out. The bottom of the league just got off to slow starts and sucked it up instead of packed it up. C'mon Lon Kruger..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
I'm on team lose - out. The bottom of the league just got off to slow starts and sucked it up instead of packed it up. C'mon Lon Kruger..

2 losses to go before the Spirit disaster . Hey look Jamie Dixon passes us already!!