Author Topic: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)  (Read 164636 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
"zombie" used a bunch in the early epi's iirc.

I don't remember that.  Seems like they are intentionally avoiding it to be self aware.  I still don't get "walker"  Seems like "zombie" is easier to say and more distinct to yell.

Each group has called them something different. Every time a new group of people meet they always get a chuckle out of what the other group calls the walkers/zombies/etc,etc

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 28, 2013, 08:04:38 AM »
wow, great episode last night.  almost scary how quickly carol said "yes" to rick's question at the end like it wasn't a big deal.   :eek:

does rick tell anyone?  i don't think so.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 28, 2013, 08:32:24 AM »
Yeah, Carol is turning into a bad ass lately.  Killing and burning people, teaching kids how to use knives during storytime, etc.  Great call by bones129, looks like he was the only one who had her in goEMAW's Who Burned Those Bodies pool.  Congrats!

Also, that radio broadcast    :surprised:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »
i like it when they run into a huge mob of zombies. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 28, 2013, 09:07:37 AM »
This show sucks. Season 1 was almost movie-quality good, but things have gotten progressively worse with each season. The zombies are boring. The big post-apocalyptic set pieces have been dropped (budget?) and we're down to a prison and occasional trips to the supermarket. All that's left are the characters, most of whom were never that good in the first place. We're 3 or 4 episodes into the 4th season and it's just more of the same.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 28, 2013, 09:07:56 AM »
Hammer time last night was crazy.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 28, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »
This show sucks. Season 1 was almost movie-quality good, but things have gotten progressively worse with each season. The zombies are boring. The big post-apocalyptic set pieces have been dropped (budget?) and we're down to a prison and occasional trips to the supermarket. All that's left are the characters, most of whom were never that good in the first place. We're 3 or 4 episodes into the 4th season and it's just more of the same.

then stop watching, idiot.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 28, 2013, 09:09:02 AM »

i enjoy him, sometimes.  i would like him more if he was just "the enforcer" type guy and didn't have a sappy story.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 28, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »

then stop watching, idiot.

Good idea. Thanks.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 28, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »
I want to see them move out of the prison and find new territory.  The city scenes in season 1 were great. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 28, 2013, 09:25:37 AM »
I want to see them move out of the prison and find new territory.  The city scenes in season 1 were great.

Agreed on the city scenes.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 28, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »
it seems obvious that at some point this season, they will leave the prison for good.  with all of the death there, plus the fence becoming more unstable, they are out of there.  midseason finale? 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 28, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

Agreed on the city scenes.

Apparently, AMC significantly cut the budget after Season 1. Hence the move from a decaying Atlanta, CDC, etc. to a farm. Fired Darabont, too.  :flush:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 28, 2013, 09:48:32 AM »
it seems obvious that at some point this season, they will leave the prison for good.  with all of the death there, plus the fence becoming more unstable, they are out of there.  midseason finale?

I hope it's before the end of the season.  Another season at the Prison is going to suck.

Also, the first episode kept showing a poster/scene type teaser showing rick standing in a huge hole in a broken fence.  It's happening and it will happen right as the flu causes someone important to be on the edge of death or something.  Maybe right before Daryl and crew gets back? 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 28, 2013, 09:50:54 AM »

I hope it's before the end of the season.  Another season at the Prison is going to suck.

Also, the first episode kept showing a poster/scene type teaser showing rick standing in a huge hole in a broken fence.  It's happening and it will happen right as the flu causes someone important to be on the edge of death or something.  Maybe right before Daryl and crew gets back?

yeah, i am guessing the prison will get overrun and daryl and crew will get back in time to help get people out.  does daryl and crew find the governer soon?  maybe!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 28, 2013, 09:53:06 AM »
Daryl and crew will either:
1. race back to prison to get another car and warn about crazy large herd coming that way

or

2. stupidly try to travel the rest of the 50 mile one way and get split off from the prison ppl becasue the large herd over runs them and they have to leave before daryl gets back.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 28, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »

they pushed that event way back on the timeline and it's a lot less cool the way the show did it. if we had a spoiler function, like other bbs's do, i would type it up for you guys.

The Big Train

« Reply #468 on: October 28, 2013, 11:05:28 AM »
I'm excited for the rest of the season because literally every single thing that was in the comic con trailer was from the first 3 episodes.  I think that huge herd of zombies is what is going to overrun the prison.

Also I didn't rewind it to watch but didn't that building behind the huge cluster of zombies look like Oregons new athletic facilities?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 28, 2013, 11:12:04 AM »

they pushed that event way back on the timeline and it's a lot less cool the way the show did it. if we had a spoiler function, like other bbs's do, i would type it up for you guys.

Do it anyway, no one cares.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 28, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
I'm curious as to why the giant herd was walking that direction.  We probably will never know, but something usually sets them off.  Additionally, it was a giant herd....not 50 or so zombies.  Looked like thousands. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 28, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »

Do it anyway, no one cares.

alright, in the books tyreese joins the group when the first get to the prison. he is involved extensively in the cleaning up process. A traumatic event occurred during the early moments at the prison that sent tyreese off the deep end. later, while a four man party was attempting to rid the prison's gym of a horde of walkers that had been locked in there since the outbreak. tyreese got seperated from the other three and was overrun. they had to abandon him and lock him in the gym. in the books rick came back, after some time, expecting to find tyreese's body mutilated by the remaining walkers. instead, tyreese was sitting in the middle of the floor surrounded by a mass of mutilated bodies, sobbing.

it was a much more powerful moment, one that could have been easily duplicated for the show and the staff mumped it up, like they have with so many other pivotal moments.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
I want to see them relocate further west.  Wasn't there rumors that places like Nebraska held up?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
this is a great show. i enjoy it much more than most other things on television, but I am becoming more and more unsatisfied with the way it is written and produced. granted, i probably wouldn't have this problem if i hadn't read the comic books.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2013, 11:58:25 AM »
One of the earlier Talking Dead shows this season said that the show would be introducing several of the most popular comic book characters to the tv show this season.  So, maybe they plan to pull back in line a little?  I had no idea a comic existed until last year.  Haven't read it.

That Tyreese scene should have been the one in the show.  Could have very easily made that work and it would have been pretty awesome, more so than what they showed last night.