Author Topic: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)  (Read 164647 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2013, 11:40:44 AM »
Oh man, the dork from Everyone Hates Chris is about to make crap real.  Also, seems like the advertising could be a little more subtle than showing Rick in front of a totally busted chain link fence. 

Also, the crazy woman.....she looked like a zombie for ever.  I half expected her to turn out to be some new kind of zombie that can talk now.  I expect we will see her again since Rick left her, but if not, what purpose did she serve? 

The Store scene was crazy awesome.

Rick is such an idiot for not blasting her in the head.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2013, 11:43:14 AM »
Oh man, the dork from Everyone Hates Chris is about to make crap real.  Also, seems like the advertising could be a little more subtle than showing Rick in front of a totally busted chain link fence. 

Also, the crazy woman.....she looked like a zombie for ever.  I half expected her to turn out to be some new kind of zombie that can talk now.  I expect we will see her again since Rick left her, but if not, what purpose did she serve? 

we'll definitely see her again.

the point of those scenes, imo, is that rick WAS that woman not too long ago.  completely bat-crap crazy. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
Why the eff wasn't the old man veterinarian looking after that god damn pig?  Instead, he's giving Rick tips about planting crops.  Holy moly, you are a rough ridin' Vet!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
Why the eff wasn't the old man veterinarian looking after that god damn pig?  Instead, he's giving Rick tips about planting crops.  Holy moly, you are a rough ridin' Vet!

Zombie pig coming up

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 14, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »

we'll definitely see her again.

the point of those scenes, imo, is that rick WAS that woman not too long ago.  completely bat-crap crazy.

I see what you mean. I thought is was more of what were to come. The lady went crazy because of her husband. That'll happen to Rick with Carl, either by him dying or running away from teenage angst or something
@Trogdor_gE

The Big Train

« Reply #305 on: October 14, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »

Zombie pig coming up

I think that's what is going to happen.  What if it becomes an airborne virus and starts killing all the animals that Daryl hunts  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 14, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »

Zombie pig coming up

I think that's what is going to happen.  What if it becomes an airborne virus and starts killing all the animals that Daryl hunts  :horrorsurprise:

Dude I work with claims that they are going to make stuff get really crazy this season, with the zombies getting more aggressive.  I think that's why they kept hinting that all those zombies hanging out along the chain link fence is prolly not a great idea.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 14, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »

Zombie pig coming up

Dude I work with claims that they are going to make stuff get really crazy this season, with the zombies getting more aggressive.  I think that's why they kept hinting that all those zombies hanging out along the chain link fence is prolly not a great idea.

The zombies seem pretty aggressive right now?  Do you mean more athletic like climbing fence, breaking gates etc?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 14, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »
I want Glenn and Maggie to have a cute baby and live a happy life where nothing ever goes wrong for them and no zombies eat them or their baby. Also, I think Carl is in prime position to be rebound guy with the blond.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 14, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »
I hope the show gets a lot better. its like same crap different epi right now

The Big Train

« Reply #310 on: October 14, 2013, 02:42:10 PM »

Zombie pig coming up

The zombies seem pretty aggressive right now?  Do you mean more athletic like climbing fence, breaking gates etc?

Oh man, if they could climb fences. Game. Over.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 14, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »

Zombie pig coming up

Oh man, if they could climb fences. Game. Over.

Everyone just keeps saying "more aggressive."  Apparently they start routinely breaching the fence, but I haven't come across any reports saying they climb the fence or sprint or jump high or anything.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 14, 2013, 03:42:54 PM »
What about the governor tho?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 14, 2013, 03:53:43 PM »

Just marathoned through season 3 on netflix, leading up to S4 premier.  Think the story's gotten stale.  I was hoping they'd move on past the prison and discover some cool new crap about the virus or find some section of society where the virus hadn't spread.  Granted, I've not read the comics.  I don't know how this story ends. 

But, then they just dug in at the prison and it was just pretty stupid a lot of the time.  Season 3 could have been condensed into about 8 episodes, instead of 16. 

But, even though the story has gotten pretty lame and I hate about half of the characters, I still love the show. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 14, 2013, 04:09:44 PM »

Just marathoned through season 3 on netflix, leading up to S4 premier.  Think the story's gotten stale.  I was hoping they'd move on past the prison and discover some cool new crap about the virus or find some section of society where the virus hadn't spread.  Granted, I've not read the comics.  I don't know how this story ends. 

But, then they just dug in at the prison and it was just pretty stupid a lot of the time.  Season 3 could have been condensed into about 8 episodes, instead of 16. 

But, even though the story has gotten pretty lame and I hate about half of the characters, I still love the show.

I read a S4 preview a while back and it said that this season was going to reintroduce the daily zombie-no-one-is-safe fear.  I think the prison is gonzo soon.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 14, 2013, 04:46:16 PM »
Ya, they didn't waste any time killing of newly introduced characters that came over from the Governor's camp.....cannon fodder for zombies and slow plot development.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2013, 04:51:01 PM »
I like the black guy with the beard. Anyone who retains human tenderness is my bud.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 14, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
If I have to watch medic guy do an alcoholic freak out every other epi I will get sick of it pretty quick.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 14, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
I want Glenn and Maggie to have a cute baby and live a happy life where nothing ever goes wrong for them and no zombies eat them or their baby. Also, I think Carl is in prime position to be rebound guy with the blond.

Yep, happily ever after for those 2.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 14, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »
If I have to watch medic guy do an alcoholic freak out every other epi I will get sick of it pretty quick.

He needs to go full alcoholic and be the only medical guy available because the old balls vet dies or something.  Unstable but needed.  That would make for some ok tv.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 14, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »

The virus/reason for virus doesn't matter to the show. They aren't fixing anything or getting better. It is all about survival. I love it because there is zero hope.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 14, 2013, 09:16:09 PM »

He needs to go full alcoholic and be the only medical guy available because the old balls vet dies or something.  Unstable but needed.  That would make for some ok tv.

His "bottom" had to be really, really low to stick with the program during the zombie apocalypse.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »

His "bottom" had to be really, really low to stick with the program during the zombie apocalypse.

Not that the show needs to account for every possible scenario but I am pretty surprised they haven't really dealt with booze except for the one token bar scene where Rick kind of did a alcoholic freak out.  You would think under the circumstances people would be looking to get pak'd pretty often.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »

Not that the show needs to account for every possible scenario but I am pretty surprised they haven't really dealt with booze except for the one token bar scene where Rick kind of did a alcoholic freak out.  You would think under the circumstances people would be looking to get pak'd pretty often.

Carol's dick husband would get drunk and batter her until the zombies pakked on his guts.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:03 PM »

Carol's dick husband would get drunk and batter her until the zombies pakked on his guts.

There are definitely instances of it.  I'm just saying you would think when they go on these "runs" someone would hit a pakie and load up for some binging.