Author Topic: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)  (Read 164632 times)

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
Next season pretty much has to be about the rift between Carl and Rick + finding food to maintin a larger population.  They picked up all of the people from Woodbury, but only Tyrese, his sister, and that lady they saved are of fighting/scavanging age. 

I'm surprised the prison group survived the finale with zero casualties.  I figured the only guaranteed characters would be Carl, Rick, and Daryl. 

Eventually the zombies have to die out by starvation, right?  Milton mentioned they need to eat, and eventually the available people out in the open to eat are going to run out.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »
One plus is that when the Gov shot ppl up and rolled out, he left all their weapons and stuff with the dead ppl.  So, he armed the prison, unless the writers don't address this or we are to assume something else.

Also, Rick had mentioned them farming the yard...

I hope this doesn't happen.  Would be horrible tv.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »
One plus is that when the Gov shot ppl up and rolled out, he left all their weapons and stuff with the dead ppl.  So, he armed the prison, unless the writers don't address this or we are to assume something else.

Also, Rick had mentioned them farming the yard...

I hope this doesn't happen.  Would be horrible tv.

just a bunch of panning shots of Hershel drinking lemonade on a rocking chair.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »
Last night's episode was pretty meh.  They tried to do too much in one hour.

They spent several episodes foreshadowing a huge war at the prison.  All the buildup was for a major battle between the two groups, and we got a few minutes of the Governor's group playing Dora the Explorer before they ran away like little bitches because two people took some potshots at them.  Seriously guys?  You have rocket launchers and a .50 cal (don't give me the "it was jammed" nonsense, they wouldn't have lasted this long if they didn't know how to clear a jam) and you're going to run because a few shots were fired and there were some loud noises?  Also, WTF were Rick and Darryl doing during the "attack"?

Don't spend multiple episodes making us think there will be some huge fight and then give us that weak crap while spending half the finale showing how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) Andrea is.  Maybe she wouldn't have died if she spent more time trying to get out instead of staring at Milton and talking to him.

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
Like faster or stronger or something.

I watched season 1 this past week for the 1st time.  Early on, the zombies were way smarter and faster.  They were climbing chain link fences, using rocks to break through glass doors, actually running, etc. 

When the gov. escaped that warehouse where Andrea had trapped him with 20+ zombies a few episodes ago, I begin to wonder how anyone has ever been bitten at all?
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »
I don't think we are supposed to apply much logic to the zombies.  I mean, if you do, you have to start with understanding that the whole thing happened a yr in the show's past.  Over a year, the decomposition of the dead would make the whole area smell really bad, but otherwise safe as can be. 

Don't over think it.  It's not about zombies, but it's a zombie show.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »

I watched season 1 this past week for the 1st time.  Early on, the zombies were way smarter and faster.  They were climbing chain link fences, using rocks to break through glass doors, actually running, etc. 

When the gov. escaped that warehouse where Andrea had trapped him with 20+ zombies a few episodes ago, I begin to wonder how anyone has ever been bitten at all?

maybe that plays into the whole "there is still some human left in them" idea? the longer they are zombies the more detached from their former selves they become?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »

maybe that plays into the whole "there is still some human left in them" idea? the longer they are zombies the more detached from their former selves they become?

No, it plays into lazier/shittier writers and lower budgets

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »

No, it plays into lazier/shittier writers and lower budgets

... but it's a zombie show.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2013, 04:26:42 PM »
i don't know if quite yet buy into the whole "it's not about the zombies" sentiment. historically, zombie films and the like have been saturated with symbolism and nuance. several of them took on very large and controversial social issues of the times.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »
I figured the Governor had taken on too large a role (and had too large of one in the graphic novels) to just be killed off.  It makes sense that they stay in the prison. Kinda hoping each season was going to take place at a new locale, but it would be hard to improve on the prison.  The conflict scene should've had more to it than that, but I thought the rest of the episode was good.  Surprised that nobody from the group died and both Andrea and Milton died.  Would've thought one was going to make it out.

I figure at the start of the next season they will thin out the new arrivals herd pretty fast.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2013, 06:13:01 PM »
i don't know if quite yet buy into the whole "it's not about the zombies" sentiment. historically, zombie films and the like have been saturated with symbolism and nuance. several of them took on very large and controversial social issues of the times.

this show sucks though.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
I agree with everything Shacks said. The opening scene (minus the Governor's really cheesy line to end it) was worth the rest of the bad episode. But leaving him to die in a room with Andrea was such a brilliant situation to think of for this show.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2013, 07:01:34 PM »
Finale felt like the episode 3 before the finale. Kind of a let down. Lots of potential to see rampaging solo governor. After reading the comics, I kind of wonder how they are going to get them out of the prison now. And where they go after it. We shall see.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2013, 09:59:38 PM »
i like that they are apparently not sticking to the comic.  really pisses off the comic guys.  love it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2013, 10:58:18 PM »
agree that zombies aren't really important but if they aren't important don't have characters act all afraid of them all the time.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2013, 11:24:00 PM »
Garbage ending to a show that has become garbage.  Enjoy your soap opera and Talking Dead, you Glee watching freaks.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2013, 11:41:18 PM »
most season finales leave you wanting more (even super shitty shows) but this tied up a lot and it doesn't seem that their are to many things they can do with the show. the finale was pretty meh altogether.

The Big Train

« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:42 PM »
most season finales leave you wanting more (even super shitty shows) but this tied up a lot and it doesn't seem that their are to many things they can do with the show. the finale was pretty meh altogether.

Thats what they want you to think.  Next season with blow minds(figuratively and literally)  :excited:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »

Thats what they want you to think.  Next season with blow minds(figuratively and literally)  :excited:

This.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2013, 12:24:03 AM »
i like that they are apparently not sticking to the comic.  really pisses off the comic guys.  love it.

Alot of people get pissed off by this. Why do people want to see something they already know the story to? Get over it, nerds.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2013, 03:18:45 AM »
Eventually the zombies have to die out by starvation, right?  Milton mentioned they need to eat, and eventually the available people out in the open to eat are going to run out.

Everyone's infected = continuous supply of fresh zombies
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »
They also eat animals. See the horse in Season 1.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
They also eat animals. See the horse in Season 1.

and animal traps set by that one guy in season 3.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2013, 09:41:01 AM »
seriously though, where does all this "food" go? gonna ask the hard hitting question that i think is on all our minds... do zombies poop?