Author Topic: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)  (Read 164652 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #1325 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:36 AM »
Feels a little religious'ey to me.  They better not eff this up.

Also, the wolves are ppl and still out there. 

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 16, 2015, 09:13:37 AM »
Hey look a incredibly good looking young man in Orvis gear who is offering free food/water and sanctuary!

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 16, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »
He reminded me of the eyeliner guy in Lost

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 16, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »
Episodes like that where they deal with the humanity of the survivors are great IMO. Loved it.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 19, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »
Episodes like that where they deal with the humanity of the survivors are great IMO. Loved it.

Agreed. I had to defend it to a bunch of people I was watching it with. They just bitched about how it wasn't exciting enough. The popularity of the show is allowing the writers to do more character development and be more creative with their story structure, but it seems they are losing their fanbase that enjoys all the killins and such.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 23, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »
I was thinking last night after Rick rolled up to the Alexandria safe-zone gates that the "children playing" noises he was hearing were speakers sitting on the other side.  Is this going to be another mumped up town?  Probably....
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 23, 2015, 10:05:14 AM »
good ep

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 23, 2015, 10:06:44 AM »
I was thinking last night after Rick rolled up to the Alexandria safe-zone gates that the "children playing" noises he was hearing were speakers sitting on the other side.  Is this going to be another mumped up town?  Probably....

Seems like a strange way to spend resources

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 23, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »

Seems like a strange way to spend resources

Not if it's a trap trying to get people into their safe, family friendly zone.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:31 AM »
I also thought that the children noises could be speakers trying to lure in the group... maybe we've been on this TV road too long, we're too jaded for hope.  Sad, really.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: February 23, 2015, 10:35:22 AM »
Seems like a weird thing to use to lure people. Not sure everyone has the jaded view and thoughts that sound is the best litmus test of it being safe.

Would you really use batteries etc to create those sounds?  Have tons of watch guards to determine when to play it?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 23, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »
Seems like a weird thing to use to lure people. Not sure everyone has the jaded view and thoughts that sound is the best litmus test of it being safe.

Would you really use batteries etc to create those sounds?  Have tons of watch guards to determine when to play it?

They did figure out how to listen in on conversations from a distance.  They seem like a smart bunch.  Maybe they created a local power source?  The only thing I've learned from watching this show is that a "safe-zone" really isn't safe.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 23, 2015, 10:45:41 AM »
Flare in face zombie was great.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 23, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »
Well of course its not safe, at least it won't be for long if it is.  We still haven't seen any other people in the town.  They seemed to allude to how odd this is in the pictures.

Random guess - They are "at war" with some other group and wanted reinforcements :dunno: These guys are clearly not fighters so their job was to find help.  They saw Rick's group kicking ass and decided it was worth trying to recruit them.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 23, 2015, 11:24:47 AM »
Well of course its not safe, at least it won't be for long if it is.  We still haven't seen any other people in the town.  They seemed to allude to how odd this is in the pictures.

Random guess - They are "at war" with some other group and wanted reinforcements :dunno: These guys are clearly not fighters so their job was to find help.  They saw Rick's group kicking ass and decided it was worth trying to recruit them.

I'm with you.  I initially thought it was speakers but it seemed like they are pushing too hard that the city is bad.  I bet they need soldiers to fight whoever is chopping people in half or the "wolves".  Maybe that was why the guy was scared to go down that other road initially.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 23, 2015, 11:28:28 AM »

They did figure out how to listen in on conversations from a distance.  They seem like a smart bunch.  Maybe they created a local power source?  The only thing I've learned from watching this show is that a "safe-zone" really isn't safe.

the photos showed banks of solar panels

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 23, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »

I'm with you.  I initially thought it was speakers but it seemed like they are pushing too hard that the city is bad.  I bet they need soldiers to fight whoever is chopping people in half or the "wolves".  Maybe that was why the guy was scared to go down that other road initially.

I'm thinking that the Wolves group is going to be a big part of what happens next. So a conflict is a very real possibility. We theorized last night that the child noises were played on a speaker because they overheard Rick saying that every place they arrived at was quiet.

I geeked out quite a bit when they said where they were going because I live in Alexandria.  :cool:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 23, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »

I'm thinking that the Wolves group is going to be a big part of what happens next. So a conflict is a very real possibility. We theorized last night that the child noises were played on a speaker because they overheard Rick saying that every place they arrived at was quiet.

I geeked out quite a bit when they said where they were going because I live in Alexandria.  :cool:

That would make sense.  That's got to be it, otherwise it would just be rinse and repeat.  New city, new bad guys, everyone dies, on the road again.  They probably aren't cannibals cause he had plenty of food and water.  They also started developing the two new guys characters a bit so it makes me think the main new guy might last awhile. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 23, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »
yes, i think this town will truly be a paradise and has soon as they can finally come to terms with that truth they will be attacked by an outside force like the one that killed noah's town. the truck full of torsos and the freak they let out of the storage container will probably be involved

The Big Train

« Reply #1344 on: February 23, 2015, 08:00:12 PM »
just finished it and i thought the same thing with the speakers.  another thought i had was rick was so overwhelmed that they finally got there it was just playing in his head.  from the previews for next week when he was narrating it seems like rick may be going nuts again like he did when lori died.

im also of the belief that whoever chopped those 'bies in half will probably make an appearance while they are in this town.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 24, 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
Eat the damn applesauce, Aaron.

You're trying to convince this very skeptical group of people that you're legit and you resist eating it because it's yucky? C'mon.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 26, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »

You're trying to convince this very skeptical group of people that you're legit and you resist eating it because it's yucky? C'mon.

oh my who writes this stuff. "Guy is threatening to stab me in then neck BUT I'M NOT EATING A BITE OF APPLESAUCE BECAUSE MY MOMMY USED TO MAKE ME eat it to prove I am a man!"

Also I must not have been paying attention. When they drove the car into the zombies on the road where was the RV? I thought they were following each other.

Other theory (not mine I am just repeating) is that Alexandria is filled with gay couples (not that there's anything wrong with that) who escaped from DC ("the gayest place in America" according to the New York Times) and they need to audition some straight survivors to repopulate the planet.
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 26, 2015, 01:36:07 PM »

oh my who writes this stuff. "Guy is threatening to stab me in then neck BUT I'M NOT EATING A BITE OF APPLESAUCE BECAUSE MY MOMMY USED TO MAKE ME eat it to prove I am a man!"

Also I must not have been paying attention. When they drove the car into the zombies on the road where was the RV? I thought they were following each other.

Other theory (not mine I am just repeating) is that Alexandria is filled with gay couples (not that there's anything wrong with that) who escaped from DC ("the gayest place in America" according to the New York Times) and they need to audition some straight survivors to repopulate the planet.

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous, after the lead car acts as a zombie plow the larger heavier RV following directly behind them can't make it through.  Seems totally reasonable.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 26, 2015, 07:30:18 PM »
The explanation was supposed to be that the RV was trailing behind, saw the flare, and assumed that it was Glenn's car so went ahead to reach it.  Rick's group saw the flare too so they ran through the forest to get there.

Due to poor editing though, they showed the headlights of the RV in Glenn's car moments before he plowed into zombies, meaning they shouldn't have been that far apart.  One freaking line of dialogue ("we'll go first, if we run into trouble, we'll shoot the flare") would have fixed that entire mess.

The Big Train

« Reply #1349 on: March 01, 2015, 07:27:51 PM »
I'm pretty excited about tonight's episode you guys, they are finally be able to chill for a min I think