Author Topic: Bars in the 'Ville  (Read 129557 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Bars in the 'Ville
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »
It took me awhile to realize that this "Bushwhackers" was just a fancy name for siverados. 

Tell me about this "Wahoo Fire and Ice"

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=12822.msg560949#msg560949
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »
It took me awhile to realize that this "Bushwhackers" was just a fancy name for siverados. 

http://www.wahoomanhattan.com/index.html

not a great website. they should pm j-von or something.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=12822.msg560949#msg560949

wow, thread convergence. 

It seems like a place I'd like to eat at.  Is it a bar late at night like most places? 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
Is the Cat House still open?
new ownership, they closed it down and re-named it the kathouse

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Matt Seibrandt's Left Hand practically built Kathouse with his bare hands.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »

Why did this take you a while?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »
Matt Seibrandt's Left Hand practically built Kathouse with his bare hands.

Secret access path to ceiling of women's restroom?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »

Why did this take you a while?

I haven't lived in MHK since 07, and I don't pay a lot of attention to that area of Aggieville.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
What was that bar in like '02 that burnt down? It was like a safari themed bar or something. I remember I was all  :sdeek:

One of my fondest mems was seeing 2 Skinny J's at Silverados then getting weird with them after the show.  :D
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
Saw The Urge at Silverado's. Didn't get weird with them after the show though.

The bar that burned down in 2002 or 03 was Safari Jack's and the more I think about that completely ridiculous airplane the more I'm glad it burned down. Or am I???
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »

The bar that burned down in 2002 or 03 was Safari Jack's and the more I think about that completely ridiculous airplane the more I'm glad it burned down. Or am I???

Yep, that was it. What a time to be alive!
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »

i saw the urge a few times upstairs at bombers back in the late 90's. bombers also burned down. somebody needs to check how many other places burned down that the urge played at. they could've been closet pyros or something. also, man how fun were they to watch? lots is the answer.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »
What was that bar in like '02 that burnt down? It was like a safari themed bar or something. I remember I was all  :sdeek:

One of my fondest mems was seeing 2 Skinny J's at Silverados then getting weird with them after the show.  :D

Safari Jacks was in the building that burned down, but the bar was called Aggie Station when it burned down.  I think it was called Gilligan's then became Safari Jacks (neither were popular) and had huge fake jungle creatures and palm tree in there.  There used to be a house on Bluemont that had the Safari Jacks sign tacked up on their balcony/ front porch. 

Aggie Station was cool from what I remember. 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2012, 05:37:22 PM »

Safari Jacks was in the building that burned down, but the bar was called Aggie Station when it burned down.  I think it was called Gilligan's then became Safari Jacks (neither were popular) and had huge fake jungle creatures and palm tree in there.  There used to be a house on Bluemont that had the Safari Jacks sign tacked up on their balcony/ front porch. 

Aggie Station was cool from what I remember.

Before Safari Jack's and Aggie Station it was the original Lucky Brewgrille.

The best frat bar in the Ville, the owner really liked coke and one of the bartenders that I remember looked like a young Peter North, could have been Pissclams. 

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »

Before Safari Jack's and Aggie Station it was the original Lucky Brewgrille.

The best frat bar in the Ville, the owner really liked coke and one of the bartenders that I remember looked like a young Peter North, could have been Pissclams.

yeah that pretty much describes luckys. also, i had a piece of the first pizza ever to come out of that wood fired pizza grill thing they had. true story.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
i went to both those shows at silverados too!   :party:

*edit*
RD is right, the urge was the best live band ever! i have seen them around 10 times  :grin:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »
I liked the plane on the roof of Aggie Station.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2012, 07:08:44 PM »
3 other spots the urge played at in mhk - the warehouse, berlin, and the waydown lounge - so there's that. Prob played the wareham too at some point for all I know.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2012, 07:34:22 PM »
3 other spots the urge played at in mhk - the warehouse, berlin, and the waydown lounge - so there's that. Prob played the wareham too at some point for all I know.

Indeed. In fact The Urge played with 2 Skinneee Jays and Paw (weird bill) at The Wareham in 1999. 

And yes, I can't believe I forgot it was Aggie Station when it burned.  :facepalm:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »
Saw The Urge reunion concert in STL last November, it was bananas. They are coming back to KC this summer.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 18, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »
:Old people thread:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 18, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »
:Old people thread:

Give yourself about 6 years.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »
Hey guys is that old movie theater at the far west end of aggieville still around?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »
i used to sell cd-r copies of old urge and 2 skinnee j's cd's on ebay (napster had been around for less than a year at this point, so this stuff was fairly hard to find).  one day stumpy e-mailed me and said that i technically wasn't doing anything illegal since the albums were out of print, but asked very nicely to please stop.

so i did.   :thumbsup:

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite