Author Topic: RANKINGS...  (Read 131474 times)

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: RANKINGS...
« Reply #525 on: November 04, 2014, 07:49:03 PM »
It feels good to control our own destiny. Serious question? Do we need Baylor to win this weekend?

Not losing at this point is far more important than the quality of the games we win.  If we win out to finish the season, two 1-loss teams above us are guaranteed to lose (TCU and loser of Auburn/Bama).  Florida State looks like it is capable of losing any game down the stretch, and Oregon has some pretty big games looming (including potential re-match with the Arizona team that beat them).

any 1 loss Big XII Champion should be in the playoff
and will if it's us our TCU....and a very good chance Baylor would too. There are a lot of losses ahead. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if a two loss team makes it.
Not gonna happen.
didn't predict it, but there's a lot of losses to be had.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 04, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »
It feels good to control our own destiny. Serious question? Do we need Baylor to win this weekend?

Not losing at this point is far more important than the quality of the games we win.  If we win out to finish the season, two 1-loss teams above us are guaranteed to lose (TCU and loser of Auburn/Bama).  Florida State looks like it is capable of losing any game down the stretch, and Oregon has some pretty big games looming (including potential re-match with the Arizona team that beat them).

and will if it's us our TCU....and a very good chance Baylor would too. There are a lot of losses ahead. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if a two loss team makes it.
Not gonna happen.

It will happen before an undefeated Marshall team does.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 04, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
All this banter reminds me so much of November 2012

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 04, 2014, 09:01:25 PM »

Not gonna happen.

It will happen before an undefeated Marshall team does.

If every other team had four losses Marshall still wouldn't get in. They have the worst schedule I've ever seen from a team claiming to be legitimate.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 04, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »
What if LSU beats Bama and Bama wins out (MSU, WCU, AUB) at home?   :sdeek:

What if?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 04, 2014, 09:04:54 PM »
I can just see it now. We win out in impressive fashion only to finish fifth behind Oregon, FSU, Mississippi State and Auburn who also all win out.

Does it take effort to be this stupid?

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 04, 2014, 09:23:45 PM »
I can just see it now. We win out in impressive fashion only to finish fifth behind Oregon, FSU, Mississippi State and Auburn who also all win out.

I can only imagine how shitty your life must be to be as big of a douche bag as you are.

The Big Train

« Reply #532 on: November 04, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
All this banter reminds me so much of November 2012

too soon you piece of crap

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #533 on: November 04, 2014, 09:37:27 PM »
If we win out it will largely depend on who else in front of us loses as to whether we make the playoffs (John Madden voice).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 04, 2014, 09:38:37 PM »
If we win out it will largely depend on who else in front of us loses as to whether we make the playoffs (John Madden voice).
If we beat TCU, we'll be top 5.  :dance:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #535 on: November 04, 2014, 09:42:28 PM »

I feel stupid asking, but why is this stupid?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

The Big Train

« Reply #536 on: November 04, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 04, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »
We are getting a ton of mileage out of that Auburn loss.  And it looks like those stupid rough ridin' coaches are using the eyeball test to make them feel good and self important.

Yeah, the "eyeball test" is about as dumb as you can get for a reason to judge a team. (Good or bad)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 04, 2014, 09:56:20 PM »
We are getting a ton of mileage out of that Auburn loss.  And it looks like those stupid rough ridin' coaches are using the eyeball test to make them feel good and self important.

Yeah, the "eyeball test" is about as dumb as you can get for a reason to judge a team. (Good or bad)

Herbstreit's favorite two words

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 04, 2014, 10:19:38 PM »

Aside from the A&M game I don't see how anyone can say Alabama has looked like a top five team. They are really reaching on that justification.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 04, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »
I think we jump to that 4 spot, even if every other team (besides TCU of course) wins.  Theres a dog-and-pony aspect of this CFP introduction i think we're discounting.  They want everything to look legit, that they are judging only on quality wins, wherever possible.  Wagering that Baylor will once again save the system from the travesty of a KSU team up on top, they'll toss us a bone and ride out the system to our inevitable letdown we've all become so familiar with.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 04, 2014, 10:50:15 PM »
Too soon
@Trogdor_gE

The Big Train

« Reply #542 on: November 04, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »
I think we jump to that 4 spot, even if every other team (besides TCU of course) wins.  Theres a dog-and-pony aspect of this CFP introduction i think we're discounting.  They want everything to look legit, that they are judging only on quality wins, wherever possible.  Wagering that Baylor will once again save the system from the travesty of a KSU team up on top, they'll toss us a bone and ride out the system to our inevitable letdown we've all become so familiar with.

you're adopted

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 04, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »
Sorry, title hunts bring out the pessimist in me.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 04, 2014, 11:44:16 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #545 on: November 04, 2014, 11:53:11 PM »
i hate those things because they sound the same as me being quoted.  havent even looked in the slightest, but you can turn those off right?

Offline 75cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 05, 2014, 06:37:02 AM »
I'm not sold on Oregon and especially not on the Mariota bandwagon, FSU has a lucky rabbit's foot this year so I would not bet against them, if Mississippi State has injuries, which it appears that they do, I cannot imagine MSU going in to Tuscaloosa and Oxford and winning both places.  While I would prefer Auburn over Bama they have to run out of luck some time (think 100 missed FG return, KSU choking, and a lucky fumble at Ole Miss).  But in any case I would be able to accept those 4 in the playoff's with KSU looking in so long as ND is no where in sight.

catzacker

« Reply #547 on: November 05, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »

What was great is that Pollack basically called out the inconsistency in the chairman's comments (in regards to Oregon's placement at #4 as compared to why TCU was behind Alabama)....and then agreed with it. And then Herbstreit went on to say basically at the end of the day, what you've done may not matter, it'll be whether or not some stupid ex-coaches, current AD's and a former secretary of state "think" one team is just better than another. and he's fine with that.  numbers, wins, who you've actually beaten, who you've lost to, f that....what does your "gut" tell you.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 05, 2014, 06:50:55 AM »
Who would have thought that we'd long for a committee that uses the RPI. At least they have some metric they claim is valuable.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 05, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
Ok, some things are funny (duh).

Baylor is ranked below Ole Miss despite only having one loss to a good WVU team on the road...meanwhile Ole Miss is on a two game lose streak...

Arizona State jumped from 15 to 9 with a 19-16 win over rough ridin' Utah?  C'mon.   :rolleyes:

Alabama's best win is against #21 A&M who we now know is hot garbage.