Author Topic: WV HFBIQ posters only... real football talk here  (Read 10842 times)

Offline mnteergrl

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: WV HFBIQ posters only... real football talk here
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
Have any WVU fans watched Kstate play at all? (will all our natl coverage the only way to avoid it would be not owning a tv lol)

I ask this just to gauge if real football talk is really going to be possible.

Do you have any HFBIQ poster who analize stats and make charts and ranking systems and crap?

Yea. I watched you guys struggle to beat Iowa State last week.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »
Have any WVU fans watched Kstate play at all? (will all our natl coverage the only way to avoid it would be not owning a tv lol)

Do you have any HFBIQ poster who analize stats and make charts and ranking systems and crap?

Did you watch ISU's linebackers?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »

Texas Tech "struggled" against ISU as well.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2012, 12:15:42 PM »

Won by a TD after leading by 2 scores on the road at a ranked team. 

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »
Ill try to keep this short and sweet...

I see about a dozen ways this game could go, but ill give you my 3 most likely scenarios.

1) WVU-56 KSU-28
Geno and the boys get back to the Air Raid offense and WVU shows a LITTLE defense.

2) KSU-45 WVU-21
Klein and the offense run down clock, put a ton of pressure on WVU's offense and they don't show up.

3) WVU-0 KSU-0
Game is cancelled. goEMAW spontaneously combusts from excitement.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2012, 12:30:59 PM »
Really want to know what scenario 4 is

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »

3) WVU-0 KSU-0
Game is cancelled. goEMAW spontaneously combusts from excitement.

Still undefeated  :emawkid:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »
It's in West Kansas

No it's not.  It's in south central, Kansas.  It's about 40 miles NW of Wichita...  It's been one of the top 2 Juco programs in Kansas (alongside Butler CC) for about 4-5 years now. 

They have a VERY good team this year, but are similar to WVU in that they score in bunches but defense has been abysmal.  For a point of reference, the Cordarrelle Patterson kid at Tennessee now terrorized that juco conference while at Hutch.

bears are fast...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2012, 12:39:11 PM »
Really want to know what scenario 4 is

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

4) WVU-0 KSU-0
Mayan calendar runs out. goEMAW spontaneously combusts with the rest of the universe.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »

I will literally LOL when your team loses in Ames.  They do this thing in the game where they play defense.  Holgerson should look into it.

:lol:
bears are fast...

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
Question for _Fan:

You say special teams favor us (and obviously it does, I mean, did you SEE our punts downed inside the 5 on Saturday?)  But how do we always do it in regards to our return game?

What schematically have we been able to do consistently over 20 years that has given us this edge?  I know we've had amazing returners (Lockett, Allen, Newman, Sproles, Banks, Figurs, Nelson, Lockett, Lockett, Lockett, Thompson, Lockett etc,) but I mean, my goodness, what magic potion do we have?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
WV HFBIQ posters only... real football talk here
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
Question for _Fan:

You say special teams favor us (and obviously it does, I mean, did you SEE our punts downed inside the 5 on Saturday?)  But how do we always do it in regards to our return game?

What schematically have we been able to do consistently over 20 years that has given us this edge?  I know we've had amazing returners (Lockett, Allen, Newman, Sproles, Banks, Figurs, Nelson, Lockett, Lockett, Lockett, Thompson, Lockett etc,) but I mean, my goodness, what magic potion do we have?

Good question.

Honestly, I think we work on it more than most people. You get out of something what you put into it. This was actually one of the things Prince did really well too. If you genuinely put emphasis on it and make it a point of pride, your players will buy in.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
Check these stats (  :horrorsurprise: ):

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/57900/kansas-state-puts-fourth-best-effort

Everyone seems pretty convinced that WV has a pretty good rush D. Sounds to me like we're being underestimated once again.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/57900/kansas-state-puts-fourth-best-effort

Everyone seems pretty convinced that WV has a pretty good rush D. Sounds to me like we're being underestimated once again.

Remember that year, I think 2 years ago, when it looked like we had a decent rush D but in all actuality it was our pass D was so piss poor no one ran the ball because they could throw for 20 yards a play on us?  I think their d is similar.  Couple that with the B12 being a pass happy offensive style conference it makes peoples rush D's look better.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2012, 03:55:02 PM »
_Fan - some thoughts/questions:

It seems to me from watching coal aggie that whoever is responsible for Tavon in coverage has to stay pretty tight or be ready to come up in a hurry after the snap because of the quick passes they like to throw to him allowing (even a little) open field for him to make people miss. Other corners could play a little farther off their receivers, no?

Along that same vein - was thinking about the strategy of playing "bend don't break" type of coverage/D with the team we have. Especially in light of the stats in the article above - do you think this is a conscious decision to force teams into longer scoring drives for the express purpose of limiting their number of possessions/game? If it takes a team longer to score, they are not likely to get too far ahead of our offense, thus allowing us to still be in the game in the 4th, where we have the advantage due to wearing down the defense/establishing play calling patterns which can then be broken for big gains.

Personally, I think if we can hold them at or under 35 points and continue avoiding mistakes, we should come out w/ a win. I'll call 41-35 KSU.  :crossfingers:

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »

Remember that year, I think 2 years ago, when it looked like we had a decent rush D but in all actuality it was our pass D was so piss poor no one ran the ball because they could throw for 20 yards a play on us?  I think their d is similar.  Couple that with the B12 being a pass happy offensive style conference it makes peoples rush D's look better.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

West Virginia hasn't played a powerful rushing team yet either. Everyone who tried to run on them and failed had mediocre to bad rushing attacks to begin with.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »
Guys, I'll say it...WVU is terrible.

The barely beat a horrible Maryland team.

They scored 60 something points vs Baylor...BFD

They barely beat an awful Texas team

They got smoked by a good but not great Tech team

They are the most overhyped BXII team since '09 KU (if you aren't counting every Texas team since VY left or every OU team since '02)

We are going to absolutely clownsuit these guys.

The only way it is a game is if we are forced to blitz AB AND Tuggle to get pressure, as long as one fo them is in the middle to cut off the slant & gos, we're golden.

The CB's MUST play closer to the line than they have in any game this season, other than that, we needn't make many adjustments to our scheme.

KSU - 49  WVU - 23

:bill:

I gave WVU entirely too much credit...what an absolute fraud of a joke of a team. Srlsy. Did they even have a secondary? I can't wait to see what OU does against them. THey'll struggle to end up at .500 in a real FB conference. GOod thing we played them early when the win still carries some cache with the voters.