Author Topic: And this is why the Global Warming movment is mumped up  (Read 4172 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And this is why the Global Warming movment is mumped up
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
A man with a gun  marched into the lobby of the Discovery Channel's building in Silver Spring this afternoon, and may have fired shots when he arrived. Police have evacuated parts of the building, and blocked off several streets in downtown Silver Spring. Authorities are now trying to get in touch with the gunman and figure out what he wants.

Exactly what's going on is a little unclear for now. One Discovery employee tells Washington City Paper an announcement was made telling workers to find a safe spot. She and some colleagues went to a conference room, which they barricaded shut with a table. After an hour there, they got an e-mail saying they could leave. She's now standing outside the building, and can see SWAT and bomb squad officers nearby.

Now there are reports that the man is also carrying some kind of explosive device, and he may be holding a hostage. Channel 9 News says this is a list of his demands, which City Paper hasn't been able to verify independently. If this is the gunman's demands, though, Discovery isn't likely to agree to them. Here's an excerpt:

All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it... Develop shows that mention the Malthusian sciences about how food production leads to the overpopulation of the Human race. Talk about Evolution. Talk about Malthus and Darwin until it sinks into the stupid people's brains until they get it!!

Watch live video of the situation from TBD TV and WJLA-TV here, thanks to the Washington Post:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
RIP Fatty

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: And this is why the Global Warming movment is mumped up
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »
sys?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
world forum

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: And this is why the Global Warming movment is fracked up
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »
Love Malthusian economics!!!

Not that I condone this but a quick review of TLC programs:

Jon & Kate plus Eight
19 Kids and Counting
I didn't Know I was Pregnant
One Big Happy Family
Quints by Surprise

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »
Views: 37, Replies: 38 Thread Tools     Rate Thread     Display Options 
Previous Topic | Next Topic | Back to Topics 
 stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12949
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy OT: most likely world forum bound: And this is why the Climate Change Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stuff is out of control and stupid:
I hope this ends well and no one is hurt:
A man with a gun marched into the lobby of the Discovery Channel's building in Silver Spring this afternoon, and may have fired shots when he arrived. Police have evacuated parts of the building, and blocked off several streets in downtown Silver Spring. Authorities are now trying to get in touch with the gunman and figure out what he wants.

Exactly what's going on is a little unclear for now. One Discovery employee tells Washington City Paper an announcement was made telling workers to find a safe spot. She and some colleagues went to a conference room, which they barricaded shut with a table. After an hour there, they got an e-mail saying they could leave. She's now standing outside the building, and can see SWAT and bomb squad officers nearby.

Now there are reports that the man is also carrying some kind of explosive device, and he may be holding a hostage. Channel 9 News says this is a list of his demands, which City Paper hasn't been able to verify independently. If this is the gunman's demands, though, Discovery isn't likely to agree to them. Here's an excerpt:

All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it... Develop shows that mention the Malthusian sciences about how food production leads to the overpopulation of the Human race. Talk about Evolution. Talk about Malthus and Darwin until it sinks into the stupid people's brains until they get it!!

Watch live video of the situation from TBD TV and WJLA-TV here, thanks to the Washington Post:

Welcome Back Coach Snyder

Time to add on to the House You Built

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:03 PM | IP: Logged

Don't Fumble

On the depth chart
Post #2141
Austin, TX

MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: OT: most likely world forum bound: And this is why the Climate Change Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is definitely headed for the world forum. That's also where it should have started.

Your logic that climate change stuff is out of control and stupid because some nut who may have been motivated by climate change stuff (although that certainly isn't clear from what you pasted here) is just awful. I mean really terrible. I mean, "you should be ashamed of yourself for posting and probably not post for a few days" terrible.

Posted on 9/1 2:09 PM | IP: Logged

Hannibal Smith

On full scholarship
Post #1533
Olathe, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: OT: most likely world forum bound: And this is why the Climate Change Reply

Ummmm, this is one nutjob whose demands have nothing to do with climate change. Why even bring it up unless you're trying to get this sent to the World Forum?

Having said that, there are plenty of people who shouldn't be breeding...

-- I love it when a plan comes together --

Posted on 9/1 2:11 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12950
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

Climate change is not caused by man. People like this have been told it is and look what is happening. You tell a lie long enough people start believing it.

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:12 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12951
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

oh no he is a climate change nutjob, for sure.

Link: http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0901_demands.pdf

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:14 PM | IP: Logged

Go Man Go

A solid starter
Post #4330
Prairie Village

MyFanPage

Epic Fail

"My only burning focus is to get better every day."
- LHC Bill Snyder

Posted on 9/1 2:15 PM | IP: Logged

Moro Street

Post #168
MyFanPage

What an ironic statement.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Posted on 9/1 2:17 PM | IP: Logged

wildercat

Post #588
MyFanPage

WORLD FORUM "You tell a lie long enough people start believing it." How many people believed Saddam Hussein was responsible for 911?

Posted on 9/1 2:18 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12952
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

How so? Seems to me I am getting a response.

By the way this guy is sweet. Reading threw his demands is like watching a bad B movie. Its horribly bad but interesting to watch at the same time.

Seems he would be in favor of war seeing his anti_human stance

Also, war must be halted. Not because it's morally wrong, but because of the catastrophic environmental
damage modern weapons cause to other creatures. FIND SOLUTIONS JUST LIKE THE BOOK SAYS!
Humans are supposed to be inventive. INVENT, DAMN YOU!!

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:20 PM | IP: Logged

Don't Fumble

On the depth chart
Post #2142
Austin, TX

MyFanPage

Originally posted by stormnut:
Climate change is not caused by man. People like this have been told it is and look what is happening. You tell a lie long enough people start believing it.

Great. That's your view. As a guy who is interested in weather and who kind of plays the role of weatherman on a sports message board, I'm sure it's something you've looked into.

A few points:

1. This was not the right forum for your concerns

2. The nut job in Maryland has nothing to do with the scientific merits (or lack thereof) of human caused global warming.

3. Many, many scientists do believe in it, so pardon me if I just don't take your word on it. I'm still open to the idea that it could be happening (also that it could be completely false).
This post was edited on 9/1 2:22 PM by Don't Fumble

Posted on 9/1 2:21 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12953
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

who said he was? No one, but this was a lie in of itself.

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:21 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12954
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

We share a similar view then I just know that human causes for the reason presented by all these scientist have no relationship.

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:23 PM | IP: Logged

archy62

On full scholarship
Post #1745
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Can we get this taken down??? Reply

and if you want to ban this goon then feel free. I can google the NOAA just as effectively as he can.

"Put some ice on it. After that, there's nothing a few beers won't take care of." - Randall "Pink" Floyd

Posted on 9/1 2:36 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12957
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: Can we get this taken down??? Reply

you know name calling is more bannable then what I just did.

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:38 PM | IP: Logged

koppe22

All-American performer
Post #12886
Im A Little bit sicker than most....!!!

MyFanPage
Find Buddy Re: Can we get this taken down??? Edit | Reply

I hate the Duggers and John and Kate as much as the next guy but this is pretty serious.

Everybody needs to relax, he posted something and qualified what it was and where it was destine to go. So dont piss your pants because you decided to read the thread and dont think it has a place here, thats not your call or up to you. Dont read it if you dont like it but enough with the board police crap.

Back to the story.

No doubt this guy watched "The Cove" and it set him off.

Posted on 9/1 2:44 PM | IP: Logged

archy62

On full scholarship
Post #1746
MyFanPage

What you did is just self-serving rabble rousing. You've got an agenda and no audience, so you're forcing it on me. It's significanlty less heinous, but no different that what this goon in Maryland is doing. Mission accomplished weather man.

"Put some ice on it. After that, there's nothing a few beers won't take care of." - Randall "Pink" Floyd

Posted on 9/1 2:45 PM | IP: Logged

koppe22

All-American performer
Post #12887

MyFanPage

Originally posted by archy62:
What you did is just self-serving rabble rousing. You've got an agenda and no audience, so you're forcing it on me. It's significanlty less heinous, but no different that what this goon in Maryland is doing. Mission accomplished weather man.

You sound unstable.

Posted on 9/1 2:50 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12958
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

okay, time to take a nap. I have no direct response to this.

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 2:51 PM | IP: Logged

ChukaII

Almost on scholarship
Post #398
MyFanPage

so angry

Posted on 9/1 2:53 PM | IP: Logged

Don't Fumble

On the depth chart
Post #2144
Austin, TX

MyFanPage

Originally posted by koppe22:
I hate the Duggers and John and Kate as much as the next guy but this is pretty serious.

Everybody needs to relax, he posted something and qualified what it was and where it was destine to go. So dont piss your pants because you decided to read the thread and dont think it has a place here, thats not your call or up to you. Dont read it if you dont like it but enough with the board police crap.

Back to the story.

So let me get this straight. You're posting critisizing other people's posts which were critical of stormnut's post.

Why don't you take your own advice, Koppe, and not read the posts you don't like.

Posted on 9/1 2:54 PM | IP: Logged

koppe22

All-American performer
Post #12888

MyFanPage

Originally posted by Don't Fumble:

Originally posted by koppe22:

Back to the story.

So let me get this straight. You're posting critisizing other people's posts which were critical of stormnut's post.

Why don't you take your own advice, Koppe, and not read the posts you don't like.

No, Im stating my opinion on the tardom occuring here. just as your stating your opinion on the tardum of my post. Its not rocket science. OH and please explain how I can not like something without reading it?
This post was edited on 9/1 2:56 PM by koppe22

Posted on 9/1 2:55 PM | IP: Logged

ChukaII

Almost on scholarship
Post #399
MyFanPage

Hang in there Stormy. You posted an opinion and prefaced it with "Most likely world forum bound" i.e. Reader Beware. Some people just can't handle opinions other than their own. Peace.
This post was edited on 9/1 3:00 PM by ChukaII

Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »

preneonatcat

On full scholarship
Post #1597
Seattle, WA
MyFanPage

You hate the Duggars? Did they do something to you?

Posted on 9/1 2:58 PM | IP: Logged

koppe22

All-American performer
Post #12889

MyFanPage

Originally posted by preneonatcat:
You hate the Duggars? Did they do something to you?

They bumped my favorite show "King of Cars" off air.

And they have too many kids.

Posted on 9/1 3:01 PM | IP: Logged

BClayMoore

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #18813
Everywhere, USA

MyFanPage
Add Buddy Dumbest post ever... Reply

...by a fairly smart member of the board.

A> Climate change is real. No doubts about that.

B> Blaming this on Climate Change conversation is so stupid it's laughable.

---

Posted on 9/1 3:02 PM | IP: Logged

koppe22

All-American performer
Post #12890

MyFanPage
Find Buddy Re: Dumbest post ever... Edit | Reply

His letter seems alot more focused on conservation and while he tries to tie his anger to some climate issues its mostly just muddled incoherent anger towards over-population.

Posted on 9/1 3:03 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12959
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: Dumbest post ever... Reply

Coming from you I know that I am safe. thanks

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 3:04 PM | IP: Logged

BClayMoore

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #18814
Everywhere, USA

MyFanPage

It's like blaming Christianity when a dude eats his family because he thinks God told him to.

---

Posted on 9/1 3:04 PM | IP: Logged

mcat88

All-Big 12 performer
Post #8768
Overland Park, KS
MyFanPage

Originally posted by BClayMoore:
...by a fairly smart member of the board.

A> Climate change is real. No doubts about that.

B> Blaming this on Climate Change conversation is so stupid it's laughable.

Is it global warming, or climate change? It changes...I can't keep track.

I will always bleed purple. EMAW

Posted on 9/1 3:07 PM | IP: Logged

preneonatcat

On full scholarship
Post #1598
Seattle, WA
MyFanPage

Never heard of "King of Cars". What is the correct number of kids to have?

Posted on 9/1 3:09 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12960
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

Lee said he experienced an ‘‘awakening” when he watched former Vice President Al Gore’s environmental documentary ‘‘An Inconvenient Truth.”

He is a extreme Global Warming nut and not a representative of all Global Warming people.

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38957020/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 3:09 PM | IP: Logged

ChukaII

Almost on scholarship
Post #400
MyFanPage

Whats the word on Earl? or do you not follow Hurricane activity. Will it make landfall?

Posted on 9/1 3:11 PM | IP: Logged

ksublacklab

Almost on scholarship
Post #492
Mansfield, TX
MyFanPage

Just like the hole in the ozone. that was real. And the earth repaired itself. After we restricked cfc's and such. We cause that.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Did you know KSU's first mascot was a black lab?"You come to see the show. But you stay for the encore!" Welcome back Coach.

Posted on 9/1 3:12 PM | IP: Logged

preneonatcat

On full scholarship
Post #1599
Seattle, WA
MyFanPage

Climate change is real. What does that mean?

Posted on 9/1 3:16 PM | IP: Logged

koppe22

All-American performer
Post #12891

MyFanPage

Never heard of "King of Cars". What is the correct number of kids to have?

Less than 19.

Posted on 9/1 3:20 PM | IP: Logged

preneonatcat

On full scholarship
Post #1600
Seattle, WA
MyFanPage

Why less than 19?

Posted on 9/1 3:22 PM | IP: Logged

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12961
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage

CFCs are still up in the air causing problems but the hole is almost gone. Sure CFCs caused the a problem like CO2 could for global warming but nature took care of it like the extra CO2 and other stuff.

Link: http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/ce/eek/earth/air/ozonlayr.htm

Weather Information

For Hawaiian Powercat
Other Radars

Posted on 9/1 3:23 PM | IP: Logged

ChukaII

Almost on scholarship
Post #401
MyFanPage

Climate change is real. What does that mean?

Been changin for 4.5 billion years.

Posted on 9/1 3:25 PM | IP: Logged

Previous Topic | Next Topic | Back to Topics  

Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »
I have often thought of taking TV executives hostage to prevent any more reality shows about cake.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 04:03:57 PM »
Gunman failed, it's MTV that promotes having too many rough ridin' kids

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »
bang bang, he's dead.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 04:51:10 PM »
Global warming wins!!!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 03:22:56 AM »
it sounds like this clown didn't even kill anyone?   :confused:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:05:16 AM »
it sounds like this clown didn't even kill anyone?   :confused:
better luck next time buddy

Sugar Dick

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »
It's called "Climate Change" you morons

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »
It's called "Climate Change" you morons

Yes, this works for the cooling period we are currently experiencing over the last decade.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 04:54:50 PM »
Wait people still believe in global warming?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
You can't see it, but it's coming to get you.  Half man, half bear, and half pig.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 12:25:06 AM »
Haha best analogy SP evr did

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »

Study: Crop Failures to Increase With Climate Change"--headline, USA Today website, Oct. 8

"Warmer, Wetter Weather Helping U.S. Farmers Grow More Crops"--headline, USA Today, Oct. 8

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: And this is why the Global Warming movment is foooocked up
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »
Wait Ben Ji are you telling me that USA Today ran two storys from different authors about climate change and the varying effects being experienced in Eurasia and the US on the same day.

Wait what was your point?   

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/greenhouse/post/2010/10/crop-failures-climate-change/1?csp=34

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/2010-10-08-climate-farmers_N.htm?csp=usat.me

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »
Just pointing out that the two titles contradict themselves a little bit :dunno:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: And this is why the Global Warming movment is foooocked up
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 08:48:48 AM »
not really contradictory at all, climate change will not affect all areas of the world in the same way

dry areas becoming wetter and wetter areas becoming dry would represent change

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 10:29:28 AM »
I just heard on the news that the continents are moving!!!!

Sugar Dick

Re: And this is why the Global Warming movment is effed up
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »
The reason global warming/climate change is f*cked up, is because they employ a bunch of scientists to prove weather changes in order to try and justify a tax on smoke.  It's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 11:20:19 AM »
I wish these climate scientists could tell me if it was going to rain tomorrow. Would really help me plan ahead. :users:

T42YS

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 06:01:49 AM »
I wish these climate scientists could tell me if it was going to rain tomorrow. Would really help me plan ahead. :users:

climatologist =/ meterologist