Author Topic: What is the standard that will need to be met for "Gay" marriage?  (Read 25981 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: What is the standard that will need to be met for "Gay" marriage?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »
Bigots are so interesting to me. 

Stormy, please defend the right to fire gay ppl too. 

Ready, go.

that is wrong. Can't defend an indefensible act.

Now, you are being inconsistent.

I mean, if you are allowed to limit someone's rights based on your own moral beliefs, why stop at marriage?  I mean, the right to fire gay ppl exists now, so it's not like you would be taking something away. 

Why one and not the other?
/quote]

I have said I am for Civil Unions. Don't know how I am be inconsistent.

Because a civil union isn't a marriage and doesn't come with the same rights and you know that as it was discussed above.  So, thus you are ok with continuing to limiting rights.   Inconsistent

Also, Salina just this year passed legislation that made it ok legally to fire someone for their sexual orientation due to religious morality beliefs. 

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »

Ready, go.

Unfortunately, the state of Kansas does.

In the state of Kansas you don't have to give any reason for why you fire someone.If they say they fire someone because they are gay that can sue and win.

If they don't need a reason, how could someone sue and win?

If they state in public or writing that they are firing that person because they are gay. Most employers are smart in right to work states that they just tell you your fired and that is the end of it.

Yeah, you're wrong.

How so. Help me out here.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »

Ready, go.

I mean, if you are allowed to limit someone's rights based on your own moral beliefs, why stop at marriage?  I mean, the right to fire gay ppl exists now, so it's not like you would be taking something away. 

/quote]

Because a civil union isn't a marriage and doesn't come with the same rights and you know that as it was discussed above.  So, thus you are ok with continuing to limiting rights.   Inconsistent

Also, Salina just this year passed legislation that made it ok legally to fire someone for their sexual orientation due to religious morality beliefs.

What rights would be limited in a Civil Union? I not for limiting any rights. Marriage is a religious institution hijack by the government.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »

Ready, go.

/quote]

And Salina thing is wrong by the way.
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2013, 11:24:57 AM »
Good lord.  I have responded to the civil union stupidity above. 

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2013, 11:27:01 AM »
We tried "separate but equal" with minorities, didn't work too well.  Don't know why we should try it again with homosexuals.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2013, 11:30:20 AM »
Good lord.  I have responded to the civil union stupidity above.

replace the word Marriage with Civil Unions in government documentation and be done. The only thing missing is the religious component which is not up to the government to give out.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »
We tried "separate but equal" with minorities, didn't work too well.  Don't know why we should try it again with homosexuals.

but that is wrong and should not be supported. So I don't see your point.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:05 AM »
By the way, the Defense of Marriage act is wrong and should be abolished. Just saying.
RIP Fatty

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
I don't understand why this is so complicated.  The law should be that federal, state and municipal governments cannot deny a marriage license to two people based on their orientation, but religious organizations and/or people presiding over the ceremony do not have to perform same sex marriages if they do not wish to do so.  You would get some churches and pastors who perform same sex marriages and some that do not.  Seems pretty simple.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
I don't understand why this is so complicated.  The law should be that federal, state and municipal governments cannot deny a marriage license to two people based on their orientation, but religious organizations and/or people presiding over the ceremony do not have to perform same sex marriages if they do not wish to do so.  You would get some churches and pastors who perform same sex marriages and some that do not.  Seems pretty simple.

Shouldn't be complicated, but a lot of people in the country are pretty big dumbasses when it comes to social issues.  I'm really hoping the Supreme Court makes it so that what you said comes true.  Partially because it's the right thing to do and partially because the reactions here in Kansas are going to be amazing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »
This is pointless.

Whats funny is that if this useless change in semantics did ever occur, like someone else mentioned above, some churches will then marry gay ppl.  Then you will be right where the religious ppl are arguing against now.  So what is the point? 

The issue that is being discussed nationally is the rights not the semantics.

Agree.  I mean, I had a catholic turn my wife and I away from using their gym for an event because we refused to convert to being catholic so we could use a rough ridin' gym.  Same principle.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
What is the standard that will need to be met for "Gay" marriage?
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »
Stormy, when you have your self-wedding with there be dancing and an open bar?

Can he marry himself if he's ever had sex other than self-love?

Oh, what's that?

He's good then.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2013, 11:43:37 AM »

Sound about right just call them Civil unions and I am good to go.
RIP Fatty

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
What is the standard that will need to be met for "Gay" marriage?
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2013, 11:51:09 AM »
The bible didn't invent the word marriage.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »
This is pointless.

Whats funny is that if this useless change in semantics did ever occur, like someone else mentioned above, some churches will then marry gay ppl.  Then you will be right where the religious ppl are arguing against now.  So what is the point? 

Agree.  I mean, I had a catholic turn my wife and I away from using their gym for an event because we refused to convert to being catholic so we could use a rough ridin' gym.  Same principle.

Sounds like crazy Catholics then. My brothers wedding reception (non denominational service preformed by my mom who is a Methodist minister) was in a Catholic meeting hall. Really the first time I have ever herd of that. Were you going to have a wild sex orgy or satanic sacrifice?
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »

Then that couple will go get  married at the nearby non-denominational church that already performs marriages for gay couples.  Boom....Married.  Right where you evidently don't want to be.  Or should we call the joining of two individuals from a church different than yours a civil union too since it isn't in front of your version of your god?  I am getting a little lost here.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »

But we perfected it. (all religious orders)
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2013, 11:54:34 AM »
This is pointless.

Sounds like crazy Catholics then. My brothers wedding reception (non denominational service preformed by my mom who is a Methodist minister) was in a Catholic meeting hall. Really the first time I have ever herd of that. Were you going to have a wild sex orgy or satanic sacrifice?

Even worse, a family gathering.  The guy said he would be happy to let us use it, but wifey and I would have to spend 6mo min attending catholic church and going through some dumbass catholic classes, then after that period of time it would be up to the recommendation of some catholic priest/Nazi to tell the other guy if we were actually Catholics or not.

Dumb

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2013, 11:56:04 AM »

The Bible invented marriage and the US was founded on Christian beliefs.  This is what I learned in Kansas.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »

Then that couple will go get  married at the nearby non-denominational church that already performs marriages for gay couples.  Boom....Married.  Right where you evidently don't want to be.  Or should we call the joining of two individuals from a church different than yours a civil union too since it isn't in front of your version of your god?  I am getting a little lost here.

Yes it is and I guess in that case it is between them a god. I believe it will not be a marriage in the eyes of god, but who know I may be the one with a one way ticket to hell. I believe I am right and that is my faith.
RIP Fatty

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »

No, but maybe the Pope stole it. :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2013, 12:03:10 PM »
So, after all this legislation and changing of semantics and issuing of a different type of certificat and allowed exclusion for morality reasons we end up back with gay ppl being able to be married and "I guess it is between them and their god"? 

Seems like a long trip to the same place rather than just allowing everyone to be married with regard to the current process.

I tell you what.  Either way, when a gay couple tells you they are married, you can still hate on them to your other religious friends behind their back and tell each other that god doesn't agree. Deal?

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
This is pointless.

Even worse, a family gathering.  The guy said he would be happy to let us use it, but wifey and I would have to spend 6mo min attending catholic church and going through some dumbass catholic classes, then after that period of time it would be up to the recommendation of some catholic priest/Nazi to tell the other guy if we were actually Catholics or not.

Dumb

Holly cow, were was this. I have never in my life as a Protestant and a new converted catholic herd of any catholic church making such a request. That is actually no even a biblical standing as the doors to gods church are open to all it just the sacraments of our religion that are restricted. Using the "gym" is not a sacrament the last time I checked. LOL. Sorry they were like that to you.
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »
I laughed pretty hard at the guy as he was describing that process and ended up hanging up on him when he defended it.

Was in Kansas City