Author Topic: Guitar  (Read 9463 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »
I think it's what's called a "hammer on" where you play the 2 note then hammer on the 4 without additional pick.

It also may be finger picking like what you do with acoustic guitar, which I am completely unfamiliar with. But my guess would be what I said above only plucking the open G and E strings while hammering the 4 after plucking the 2. This requires ridiculous skill since you have to pluck with different fingers at the same time. My Dad is the rough ridin' master of it.

But I could be completely wrong.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »
no i know what a hammer on is. You cannot hammer on from open high E to open high E

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »
I'm saying the 2 - 4 is a hammer on while you still play the open strings. Not really sure how to do it since I can't finger pick and still not sure if I even know what i'm talking about

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »
it would look like this. and if you have more than one finger you can pluck more than one string at a time

---0---
-2h4--
---0---

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
I'm saying the 2 - 4 is a hammer on while you still play the open strings. Not really sure how to do it since I can't finger pick and still not sure if I even know what i'm talking about

don't know what finger picking would have to do with it. if you were plucking the g and e for example, it would make no difference if you plucked the root note of the hammer-on or pull-off or not. can't see much advantage to doing that unless you are doing some tapping or a run.

you also can't hammer on from the 4th fret played on the B to an open on the high E. that was my point before. i think whoever made that tab just fudged it and it should just be a hammer-on or pull-off to the next fret on the same string.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »

Tab example starts when he hammers on the 22 at :50.  I looked at it a for a while, still can't figure out, and it happens a decent amount in the song.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »
Those are hammer ons, not "slurs".

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »
I have no idea what any of you are rough ridin' talking about.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »

Tab example starts when he hammers on the 22 at :50.  I looked at it a for a while, still can't figure out, and it happens a decent amount in the song.

:50 doesn't show anything near the 22nd fret? is that what you were trying to say. you're making it difficult to help you out here.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2011, 02:19:06 AM »
Oh.  In the tab, the first chord is a 22 on the bottom two strings.  I got it figured out though.  Play the 020 chord then shift it to the 040.  Same with the others.  Though I thought it would be written differently if they wanted it like that.  Cool song, looking forward to all the poon I'll get from it.