Author Topic: Hearing A Lot Of "Grumblings" From Squawks About Getting Rid Of Charlie  (Read 12293 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Bill with Charlie's hair is even more  :love: than Gundy, maybe even Kliff!

Offline Alpinist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Bill with Charlie's hair is even more  :love: than Gundy, maybe even Kliff!
What if Bill wore a wig? Just for one game, to throw everyone. That would be fantastic.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
I was at a meeting at the Wichita Marriot today and there was a KU booster luncheon next door. Well after the lunch was over I passed Charlie Weis walking down the hall with his cane. He was by himself with NOBODY else around and I mean NONE.

He looked so pathetic and forlorn I actually told him I wished him luck this year. Didn't say if I meant good or bad. He looks pretty tough.

I talked to the lady running registration and she said they were looking for improvement this year as it couldn't get much worse. True enough.

Go Cats!!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
One in the same

Is it just me, or do both of those coaches actually look better after the hair swap?

Both look better, but that doesn't make that 'shop any less disturbing.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I respect that Charlie will NOT take any shortcuts.  The process is done the right way.  No JUCOs, no gimmicks, just hard work and self discipline.  Will it take a bit logner?  7-9 years?  Yes, but the payoff of doing it the right way is more than worth it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Chuck doesn't need a juco infusion, he needs a mean streak infusion.  that sort of cultural change doesn't just happen overnight.  Juco's can't shape a team.  Chuck needs time to graduate all of the Turner players and get his own mean streakers in there for a good 4 or 5 yrs to really establish that.  Then, add some juco's and boom!  Orange Bowl 2019! 

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Chuck doesn't need a juco infusion, he needs a mean streak infusion.  that sort of cultural change doesn't just happen overnight.  Juco's can't shape a team.  Chuck needs time to graduate all of the Turner players and get his own mean streakers in there for a good 4 or 5 yrs to really establish that.  Then, add some juco's and boom!  Orange Bowl 2019!

I doubt the Orange Bowl will exist in 2019.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

WhatevsNonBCSNCBowlExists 2019!

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

WhatevsNonBCSNCBowlExists 2019!
WhateverNewClassofBowlThatMakesBCSBowlWinsPud 2019!
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline g2brg

• Fan
    • View Profile
It's Chill Weiser and Buck Sneis.

I kinda like Barlie Sneis, sounds like Barney Fife.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=barney+fife&id=862F2977542D01C9112007D6D95864A1A45DF9FA&FORM=IQFRBA

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
I was at a meeting at the Wichita Marriot today and there was a KU booster luncheon next door. Well after the lunch was over I passed Charlie Weis walking down the hall with his cane. He was by himself with NOBODY else around and I mean NONE.

He looked so pathetic and forlorn I actually told him I wished him luck this year. Didn't say if I meant good or bad. He looks pretty tough.

I talked to the lady running registration and she said they were looking for improvement this year as it couldn't get much worse. True enough.

Go Cats!!

Lies, lies, and more lies.  Weis doesn't use a cane anymore after his hip surgery. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Everyone has bad days, Beems.  Especially when they spend their time resolving symptoms and not problems.  Maybe one of the reasons he looked down was that he was upset that he was back on his cane after going through what he did to get his hip replaced. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Beems, we are on your side here.  Read the thread.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's all tongue and cheek, lashing out in response to Weis and KU dominating K-State on the recruiting trail. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I can't speak for everyone in this thread, but I can assure you that nothing of mine is tongue and cheek. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Beems, even you have to agree that that ol' Snyder hair looks pretty good on Chuck, and vice versa.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Beems, even you have to agree that that ol' Snyder hair looks pretty good on Chuck, and vice versa.

Oh, no doubt.  Easily the best thing I've seen on the football board in quite some time.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Oh, no doubt.  Easily the best thing I've seen on the football board in quite some time.

IT's football, you are bound to be bitterly disappointed.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's all tongue and cheek, lashing out in response to Weis and KU dominating K-State on the recruiting trail.

:lol:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

God dammit you have to tell us what we are mad at. First it's wiggins now its recruiting, this crap is hard to keep up with

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile

Go Cats!!

Lies, lies, and more lies.  Weis doesn't use a cane anymore after his hip surgery.

Beams, sometimes it just helps to admit the truth and move on.  Nobody is saying that Charlie's lack of functional legs has anything to do with his amazing coaching and recruiting ability.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Seven years seems a little high.  If Weis stays seven years, it's because he turned the program around and went to a few bowl games.  By that point, Weis would probably be ready to retire.
But, but, will he live that long?  :dunno:

How old is Snyder?  73?

I think it's safe to say that LHCBS will outlive Weis by at least a decade.   :bill:  He understands portion control.
@lopakman

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Look, Weiss is a machine who commits to get things done and is always in for the long haul.  He will show undying loyalty and stick up for his guys to the very, very end.  I expect the school to do the same, despite the outward appearances of a program that has landed at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Look, Weiss is a machine

Only partly.  A few more joint replacements and he will be full RoboCop level of machine. 

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
My point is, he is committed to KU football and when he commits, he NEVER gives up.