Author Topic: Weed  (Read 61321 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Weed
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 04:03:55 PM »
Nobody is in favor of it being illegal, right?

I am in favor of it being illegal. We don't need to legalize more crap that only makes people stupider and lazier. We've already got more than enough of that.

wow look at this big government nanny stater over here

Some people like freedom and liberty whereas others like big government and social engineering.  Different strokes.

It's always the same flippant, ignorant "dur, you're a big government hypocrite" response. I'd be much more libertarian if I wasn't expected to pay for this lazy lifestyle on the other end. Dramatically reduce welfare so that I'm not paying for your meals, housing, and healthcare, and you're free to live the rest of your life in a drug-addled daze.

They're free to live in the drug-addled haze now, you just have to pay to incarcerate them from time to time and you don't get any tax money when they buy the weed.  You also have to pay for law enforcement to spend time and resources policing it, not to mention the courts in prosecuting it.  It's all money going out and none coming in. 

You make a great point though. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 04:04:39 PM »
I don't think there will be a "last state" holdout, it will probably come from the federal level so there will be multiple "last states", kind of like gay marriage.

And I know plenty of highly motivated weed smokers. I actually don't know any lazy weed smokers, because smoking cali weed is an expensive habit.

I don't know all that many lazy people, period, but the world is full of them.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »
I don't think there will be a "last state" holdout, it will probably come from the federal level so there will be multiple "last states", kind of like gay marriage.

And I know plenty of highly motivated weed smokers. I actually don't know any lazy weed smokers, because smoking cali weed is an expensive habit.

Says a lot about your social circle, uppercRusty. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 04:06:43 PM »

Yes, there are crap tons of lazy, losery weed smokers.  The thing is they're going to be lazy and high on weed whether it's legal or not. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 04:06:49 PM »

yeah I'm sure I know far more pot smokers than lazy people. Just because of who I associate with. Generally, the stereotypical lazy pothead K-S-U is afraid of would be just as lazy without the weed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »

Yes, there are crap tons of lazy, losery weed smokers.  The thing is they're going to be lazy and high on weed whether it's legal or not. 

Says a lot about your social circle, uppercRusty. 

yeah I'm sure I know far more pot smokers than lazy people. Just because of who I associate with. Generally, the stereotypical lazy pothead K-S-U is afraid of would be just as lazy without the weed.

:love:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »
well there we go

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 04:10:02 PM »
As a Modern Whig, I believe we should approach these issues from a critical thinking standpoint rather than bringing in our ideologies and preconceptions.  KSUW appears to believe that smoking weed necessarily makes a person lazy and stupid.  Perhaps he has observed lazy and stupid people who smoke marijuana and thus drew a lazy and stupid conclusion that the marijuana was the cause for their laziness and stupidity.  It could simply be the case that a lot of lazy and stupid people happen to smoke marijuana, which would explain the phenomenon wherein intelligent and industrious people can also be observed smoking marijuana.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »
As a Modern Whig, I believe we should approach these issues from a critical thinking standpoint rather than bringing in our ideologies and preconceptions.  KSUW appears to believe that smoking weed necessarily makes a person lazy and stupid.  Perhaps he has observed lazy and stupid people who smoke marijuana and thus drew a lazy and stupid conclusion that the marijuana was the cause for their laziness and stupidity.  It could simply be the case that a lot of lazy and stupid people happen to smoke marijuana, which would explain the phenomenon wherein intelligent and industrious people can also be observed smoking marijuana.

I concur, and I'm sure honest Abe would, too.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »

it can't possibly be the second thing you said, spracne

i know it in my bones

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »
people get just a whif of that devil herb in them and boom they're lazy sobs

seen it happen again and again

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 04:26:06 PM »
I feel like getting lazy and stupid tonight
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »

it can't possibly be the second thing you said, spracne

i know it in my bones

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »
I will smoke weed whenever I see fit to, regardless of whether it's legal. The unwashed masses should not have this narcotic at their ready disposal, nor alcohol or tobacco for that matter.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »
I feel like getting lazy and stupid tonight
:thumbs:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 06:27:21 PM »
I'm with bread on this. The amount of money wasted chasing around weed in this country has got to be astronomical. Why not tax the stuff and step 2 profit?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 08:14:10 PM »
I'm with bread on this. The amount of money wasted chasing around weed in this country has got to be astronomical. Why not tax the stuff and step 2 profit?
Issue weed use licenses similar to a drivers license.  Make pot legal, but you have to show the license to purchase it the Brownback Weed and Funny Brownie Emporium.  Tax the hell out of it.  If stopped for a traffic violation or commit a crime and you have pot, you have to show your license to show it is legal.  Too many non violent people in jail due to weed conviction - often dads who need be supporting kids.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 08:49:50 PM »

people get just a whif of that devil herb in them and boom they're lazy sobs

seen it happen again and again
I, for one, appreciate you leaving the "l" out of there. I'd hate to be guilty by association.

Gonna win 'em all!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »
You should be able to grow your own up to 6 plants or whatever. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:40 PM »
I knew a number of people in high school - smart people and good athletes - who got heavy into weed. Things did not work out well for them. You can argue 'til you're blue in the face that regular pot use doesn't harm people, make them lazier or dumber, but I've seen it first hand. Some of them we're friends of mine and it still makes me angry to see that wasted potential. But believe what you want. We don't need any more legal opiates for the masses. There are too many already.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 10:55:50 PM »
you should smoke some weed and maybe relax a little

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 10:57:19 PM »
I knew a number of people in high school - smart people and good athletes - who got heavy into weed. Things did not work out well for them. You can argue 'til you're blue in the face that regular pot use doesn't harm people, make them lazier or dumber, but I've seen it first hand. Some of them we're friends of mine and it still makes me angry to see that wasted potential. But believe what you want. We don't need any more legal opiates for the masses. There are too many already.
You're right, weed is the only possible explanation for them failing to become exceptional adults.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 10:59:37 PM »
There are lots of peaked-in-high-school Rob Lowes out there.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2015, 10:59:55 PM »
what if I told you rich people love weed?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2015, 11:00:25 PM »
what if I told you rich people love weed?

this is so very true