Author Topic: We're going to absolutely throttle Vandy  (Read 54046 times)

Offline KyDore

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: We're going to absolutely throttle Vandy
« Reply #475 on: September 21, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »
I was sorting through some stacks on my office desk and noticed the August 14 Sports Illustrated college football preview issue.  It says with respect to KSU that "a non-conference schedule highlighted by Vanderbilt [9/16] could hold them back."  In the South, we call that prescient.

I'll cut ya'll some slack for thinking Vandy was in Memphis but glad that so many found their way to Nashville anyway.  Still, I don't understand how all that "gonna throttle them" talk came about.  The Bama faithful aren't even seeming as confident as did the KSU herd.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 21, 2017, 02:52:59 PM »
probably had something to do with vandy being a dogshit program forever, can't speak for everyone tho

The Big Train

« Reply #477 on: September 21, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »
My secretary sorts through all the stacks of paper on my desk.  I can't imagine wasting my time sorting through stuff I don't need to just sign.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 21, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »
Hey KY, no need to be so jelly!  :ROFL:

Offline KyDore

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 21, 2017, 03:34:48 PM »
probably had something to do with vandy being a dogshit program forever, can't speak for everyone tho

Good info here:  http://www.winsipedia.com/kansas-state

Vandy is 2-0 vs. KSU on the "forever" record between the two teams.  I was also surprised that KSU only has a winning record (at 1-0 vs. Tennessee) with a mere one team in the ENTIRE SEC ..... with that kind of conference dominance I apologize for the rudeness of the "SEC, SEC" chant that broke out during our game.

The thing that really surprised was that Mizzou treats ya'll like a rented mule.  If fact, Mizzou's advantage over KSU is about the same percentage of wins that Vandy, being "that dogshit program forever," has against Alabama.  To be dominated by Mizzou like Vandy is dominated by AL is a tough mantle to bear so we can sympathize together.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »
there was an SEC chant? honestly I really couldn't hear the vandy fans since there were so few

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »

Good info here:  http://www.winsipedia.com/kansas-state

Vandy is 2-0 vs. KSU on the "forever" record between the two teams.  I was also surprised that KSU only has a winning record (at 1-0 vs. Tennessee) with a mere one team in the ENTIRE SEC ..... with that kind of conference dominance I apologize for the rudeness of the "SEC, SEC" chant that broke out during our game.

The thing that really surprised was that Mizzou treats ya'll like a rented mule.  If fact, Mizzou's advantage over KSU is about the same percentage of wins that Vandy, being "that dogshit program forever," has against Alabama.  To be dominated by Mizzou like Vandy is dominated by AL is a tough mantle to bear so we can sympathize together.

see, we used to be a super dogshit program, just like you guys!  the difference is we've been a very good program for the better part of the last 30 years now.  mizzou hasn't done crap to us in that time frame, although i seem to remember them having their way with the SEC their first few years there.  hope that helps!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »
i can't imagine being a fan of either team last weekend and coming away not concerned

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2017, 07:32:18 PM »
i can't imagine being a fan of either team last weekend and coming away not concerned

It's literally the best win in vanderbelt history, I'm not sure if they've even stopped partying since the w
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

It's literally the best win in vanderbelt history, I'm not sure if they've even stopped partying since the w

And that right there is the difference between Vandy and KSU (and shows how far the program has came in the past 30 years).

To them it's a program building win barely beating us even with a gift and a robbery helping them.
To us it's ... just that stupid wtf game we drop every year for god knows why... and a frustrating disappointment to those that had high hopes for this season.

The Big Train