Author Topic: Rename the board?  (Read 11416 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Rename the board?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
Ever heard that quote that goes something like, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?  By drawing it out this long only to eventually lay the hammer down, Obama let his opposition run their mouths for the better part of three years.  A pretty elite way to make them dig themselves a giant hole of stupidity, if you ask me.
 :cheers:, Barry!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:05:41 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 05:44:36 PM »
Still doesn't change the fact that his administration is jimmy carter on steroids.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »
But, but, but... his middle name is HUSSEIN!!!!

:flush:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:33 PM »
And to answer the original question, I wouldn't change the name.  Those who associated themselves as birthers should wear that badge of idiocy proudly.

pike, dax, and pretty much nobody else.  Maybe some comments that were more as jabs to irritate the 'bots by others.

Don't believe I ever took a stance on birtherism since it's a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) non issue, but thanks for playing.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »
And to answer the original question, I wouldn't change the name.  Those who associated themselves as birthers should wear that badge of idiocy proudly.

pike, dax, and pretty much nobody else.  Maybe some comments that were more as jabs to irritate the 'bots by others.

Don't believe I ever took a stance on birtherism since it's a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) non issue, but thanks for playing.

Thought you did.  My bad.   :blush:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »
But, but, but... his middle name is Faroukmanesh!!!!

:flush:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »
obama may be the bigger idiot for letting it go on for so long.

The fact that he caved to these rubes makes him an idiot. No matter what he does they'll keep moving the goalposts.

This president responds to poll numbers. The longer he waited, the more people were questioning why he didn't just show it and get it over with. Even his supporters were starting to wonder.

No one with a functioning brain ever had a doubt that he was a US citizen.

Does everyone really think that we'd inaugurate a president without a birth certificate?  Really?  He just showed up on Pennsylvania Ave. and handed over his driver's license and student ID and everyone said, "Yeah, we good."

Anyone who had one shred of doubt is a conspiracy theorist or an idiot.  I don't care what someone thinks of his policies, but if they thought that we'd just let him run the country for two years without having proof of being born in the US, well, that person is a rough ridin' idiot, and I'm being kind.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »
Ever heard that quote that goes something like, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?  By drawing it out this long only to eventually lay the hammer down, Obama let his opposition run their mouths for the better part of three years.  A pretty elite way to make them dig themselves a giant hole of stupidity, if you ask me.
 :cheers:, Barry!

The only reason anyone ever asked for proof of a birth certificate in the first place was because he was a black guy with a foreign sounding name.  It would have happened to any Hispanic candidate/president as well.

However, if he was a white guy named Hans Gruber, no one would have said one word.  We basically just proved to ourselves (and anyone else in the world) that we're still a country full of backasswards hick racists.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »
It's never safe to assume that 'they' checked it out. Whoever they may be, that you don't specify, because you don't know. Some birthers are racists, some genuinely believe that he wasn't born in the US based on questions about his past.

If anything, I kind of like the fact that there are people out there who aren't afraid to suffer extreme public ridicule just to ask basic questions such as this.

But yes, quite a bit of racists were bound to latch onto it.

That said, I never once thought he was anything but a US citizen.

Also, it appears some are calling into question aspects of this new birth certificate. Read all about it.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »

This is a big victory for the birthers in my opinion.  After 2 years of wondering Donal Trump brings him to his knees. 

Hilarious.   :lol: :lol: :lol:  This guy can't get any more pathetic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

This is a big victory for the birthers in my opinion.  After 2 years of wondering Donal Trump brings him to his knees. 

Hilarious.   :lol: :lol: :lol:  This guy can't get any more pathetic.

:facepalm:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:18 PM »

Yeah, that's what happened.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 09:46:45 PM »
Obama is really really f*cking good.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:31 PM »
Obama is really really f*cking good.

Yeah

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/04/28/birther_poll/index.html

An alarming poll from CBS News and the New York Times last week found that nearly 70 percent of Republicans either believed President Obama wasn't born on American soil or weren't sure.

Now, in the wake of President Obama's decision to release his long-form birth certificate Tuesday morning, there is a bit of encouraging news: According to a snap poll conducted by Survey USA, 24 percent of Republicans say that doubts they previously had about where Obama was born have been erased and that they are now satisfied that their president was born here.

But there is also discouraging news: More than half of Republicans still aren't buying Obama's story. 18 percent of them told Survey USA that they consider the long-form a forgery, and another 33 percent say they still have doubt. Moreover, nearly 60 percent of Republicans say that they either still consider Obama's birthplace to be open to debate or aren't sure, and 33 percent claim that the president was "definitely" or "probably" born elsewhere.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »

An alarming poll from CBS News and the New York Times last week found that nearly 70 percent of Republicans either believed President Obama wasn't born on American soil or weren't sure.

Now, in the wake of President Obama's decision to release his long-form birth certificate Tuesday morning, there is a bit of encouraging news: According to a snap poll conducted by Survey USA, 24 percent of Republicans say that doubts they previously had about where Obama was born have been erased and that they are now satisfied that their president was born here.

But there is also discouraging news: More than half of Republicans still aren't buying Obama's story. 18 percent of them told Survey USA that they consider the long-form a forgery, and another 33 percent say they still have doubt. Moreover, nearly 60 percent of Republicans say that they either still consider Obama's birthplace to be open to debate or aren't sure, and 33 percent claim that the president was "definitely" or "probably" born elsewhere.

racism alive and well, water is wet, etc.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »

racism alive and well, water is wet, etc.

:that'sracistblackkid:

Now let's look at a historic hypothetical.  Had we found WMD's in Iraq, how many dems polled wouldn't have believed it, saying it was Cheney dirty tricks or something.  Probably about the same.  But don't take the blinders off or show independent thought or anything.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 08:50:29 PM »
Now let's look at a historic hypothetical.  Had we found WMD's in Iraq, how many dems polled wouldn't have believed it, saying it was Cheney dirty tricks or something.  Probably about the same.  But don't take the blinders off or show independent thought or anything.

good post. i agree.

Offline Fitz Bath

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 09:39:47 PM »
:that'sracistblackkid:

If were Russell Brand I'd be having sex with Katy Perry.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
"Still doesn't change the fact that his administration is jimmy carter on steroids."

yeah what a rube, solar panels on the white house?  no self respecting oil man would have that.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/carter-energy/

energy independence, what does that even mean? 

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
"Still doesn't change the fact that his administration is jimmy carter on steroids."

yeah what a rube, solar panels on the white house?  no self respecting oil man would have that.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/carter-energy/

energy independence, what does that even mean? 

Yeah, that's what I meant.   :jerk:

Try super stagflation and malaise.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 11:17:41 AM »
Still doesn't change the fact that his administration is jimmy carter on steroids.

Love people who can't think of anything more creative than to refer to something as either "on steroids," "on acid," or "on crack."

Clever, you!

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 01:08:10 PM »
ohh the stagflation that affected most of the western world was caused by Carter?   weird i didn't know that

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »
Contributed to it and made it worse. 

Are you some fan of carter or something?  Still got a sixer of Billy Beer in the fridge?