Author Topic: Israel - Hamas peace process  (Read 56577 times)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #975 on: Today at 10:04:56 AM »
The nations are gathering
Reminds me of one of the weird things about growing up in a dispensational fundamentalist church where I learned that:
1. We love the modern nation state of Israel and the US should support the Israel without question because the God is gathering Jews from all over the world to the Holy Land for a Great Purpose!
Also:
2. Did you notice the shape of the spot on Mikhail Gorbachav's forehead? It means the Soviet Union is getting ready to start the Battle of Armageddon which will swallow Israel in a sea of fire after the true believers are raptured!!!

Protestant end time stuff can get wild and nonsensical. But much of the OT literally being a history of a nation and its various misbehavings and their resulting crappings for said nation* is less so imo.

*in this case we’re talking about a state rather than a nation
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: Today at 10:51:38 AM »
What do you mean "the nations are gathering"?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: Today at 10:59:18 AM »

Across the globe, sentiment towards the state of Israel (and unfortunately for many Jewish people in general) is turning sour.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: Today at 03:01:08 PM »

Across the globe, sentiment towards the state of Israel (and unfortunately for many Jewish people in general) is turning sour.

Is that second part true? I mean admittedly I have not attended any of these protests so I can only go off what people are reporting, but as I’m understanding it the protesters absolutely recognize the distinction between Jew and the state of Israel.

An also that many Jews are condemning the actions of Israel and standing in solidarity with protesters. I’ve seen some videos of, let’s call them a lazy attempt at agent-provokateurs, like a woman wearing a plain white shirt with the word JEW written on it in big blue letters and her husband filming and you can tell they have every expectation that they are going to be assaulted but none of the protesters pay them any mind and in fact the husband had to keep repositioning himself so that you couldn’t see all the signs in the background welcoming Jews to join in the protest or posters that basically said “Jews against the atrocities happening in Palestine”

And of course that pair came away hoping to be victims of a vicious word beating but they just kind of looked like idiots

Anyway all that to say it seems like the world can and is making the distinction between Jews and zionists

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #979 on: Today at 03:57:31 PM »
https://x.com/3YearLetterman/status/1788185236888526850
Buddy, protestors successfully kettled police because they practiced their tactics. The nihilistic frat boys have done nothing of note other than having to sacrifice one particularly racist Ole Miss student, that they promptly threw under the bus when there was even a hint that authority figures might bring some consequences their way.